Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Operation Source

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Operation Source

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm

replace 1 proficieny die.: 2#1eA 0 successes, 2 advantage 0 successes, 1 advantage

that changes the first roll to 0 success and 7 advantage. 3 of them will be used to still inflict blast damage and the other 4 will past the two boost dice i had already rolled.

The second attack is now 3 successes and 6 advantage. 2 to trigger blast and 4 to trigger a critical hit on its target which i believe was Tasha.

so rob took 5 damage and
Tasha takes 9 and a critical. Tasha Critical: 1d100 64 add setback to all skill checks until the end of the encounter.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks. A much less nasty result.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 pm

swrider wrote:Door faces to the inside of the base it is recessed in about two feet. It will be a hard check upgraded once to break in. I need an average vigilance check with two setbacks for each person in the entrance.

From an earlier post where the entrance was described.

A critical is still nasty and one is still taking 9 damage. I just can't believe I missed that I rolled two proficiency dice instead of two ability die. Sometimes it is easier when you actually have the dice in hand.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:47 pm

You pretty much telegraphed that the spot was dangerous. But I stayed there. In my case it was just forgetting about it in the flood of posts across the board (4 games). However, it's fine, because having the characters move would have been acting on metagame knowledge (that the Vigilance checks presaged something bad in that spot).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:39 pm

In case it got buried in posts, I am done with the NPCs for this round.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Yeah, but I try to avoid rushed posts right before Mickey D's shuts their lobby. ;)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 am

Request #1: since Rico was going at the end of the turn, I forgot to mention yesterday before you did the Imps that I needed for one of the Y-wing pilots to shoot apart the comm array. I'd mentioned my intent to knock it out ASAP back at the end of turn #1, but got distracted by the festivities at the bunker.

Request #2: is it possible for Rob and especially for Tasha to use maneuvers after they get blown up to move back to where Rath is (where they started the turn)? Tasha had an action remaining, and both have a maneuver if they burn strain. If you won't allow it, I'll understand and they can do so on turn #3, but there's something that I'd like Vrei to do with the B-wing on turn #2 that she can't while there are friendlies at the entrance.

Am I correct in assuming that Rico can get to the airfield from the cliff overhang near the barracks in 2 turns of movement (at 2 maneuvers per turn)?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 am

Request 1. Sure go ahead and assume control of the NPCs in fighters for the battle. They have agility 3 and a skill rank in gunnery, piloting planetary, piloting space, ranged heavy, and one other TBD.

Request 2. By RAW it would not be allowed but if everything is supposed to be happening at the same time it makes sense they would be able to. Go ahead, though I'm not giving blanket permission for the rest of the game as I would prefer to be notified when this type of thing is going to happen.

Rico. Yes, It is more of a landslide at this point loose rock which would slow movement but also creates a more direct route into the main base.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 am

I need a silhouette value for the comm array, since that's what the game uses for determining the diff on vehicular attacks. I'll also need the same determination for the nook where the PC's became grenade dummies.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 am

The entrance is also sil 1 since it was built to let people in. The com array would probably be 0 as it is no bigger than an astromech but we will say 1 also.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:44 am

Y-wing lasers versus the comm array...
aimed attack: 1eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pretty sure the comm array is toast. 6+2=8 (-armor or soak/10, if any), invoking linked for double the damage. If the comm array is on the personal scale, which it probably is, multiplying the damage by 10 will yield a rather largish amount of damage.
Passing an upgrade via the Triumph to Vrei in the B-wing.

Proton torpedo at the main bunker entrance...
aimed attack: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Activating Blast.
Damage: (8+1) + (6+1) = 16 (has Breach 6, which will blow clean through the walls of that bunker if need be) at the vehicular scale or 160 at the personal scale. If whomever attacked Tasha and Rob is anywhere in the front part of that bunker (above or below ground matters not), they're history. Both of the cam droids are vaporized. How far in the blast goes I'll leave up to you. It has short range, which fills those corridors at the very least. Whether it affects anyone behind those firing slots that the cam droids spotted depends on how thick those wall are. The walls with the slots might be able to take 70 points of character scale damage, though I highly doubt it, but that blast will go through the slot and kill anyone standing behind the slot.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Proton torpedo at the main bunker entrance...

Awsome please note that her fighter was already down 1 set of proton torpedoes so now it is down two.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 am

Yeah the bunker just collapses completely from that proton torpedo launch. The weapon penetrates into the interior damaging the structure enough to cause its collapse.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

So noted. If she needs every torp then this mission will have gone seriously sideways.

FYI, I activated Blast rather than Linked 1 because I wanted that fireball to try to roast whomever was hiding behind those firing slits. Linked would have generated 2v (or 20p) more points at the entrance, but then the effect would have been limited to just that spot. I figured it was worth the loss of the two droids to try to ruin the day for some more Imps.

As for collapsing the bunker, was it really that flimsy that a 7/70 point attack (granted, it has massive Breach) can bring it down? The weapon wasn't targeted at the interior. It was specifically targeted at the entrance, to slam into the ground at that spot. Only Blast goes into the interior, and I'm rather surprised that 7 points of blast can do that.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 am

If it targeted the grid no. If it targeted the real inside the door yes because that is really the only internal wall

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 am

swrider wrote:If it targeted the grid no. If it targeted the real inside the door yes because that is really the only internal wall

I don't understand this. Your phone has apparently mangled whatever you meant to say. "grid"? What grid? Or did you mean "ground"? "real"? What's real?

The aim point was the spot where the grenades spat out from. Which is the ground, more or less.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 am

Damb phone.. yes it was supposed to be ground as opposed to the wall just inside. Narrate the attack and I'll narrate the damage as it will change a few things.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 pm

The grenades came out of the two side walls so alternatively it made sense for those two to collapse, also those walls protected the enemy so they had to go to hurt the enemy. You now have 4 hallways to chose from two of which were not meant to be accessible externally.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 pm

swrider wrote:[justify]...the walls to either side of the entrance have collapsed, revealing two additional hallways which run along the outside of the building. A large pile of electronics and concrete partially obstructs the entrance to both hallways as well as the main entrance.

Hallways outside of the building? That doesn't make sense. Are those previously underground hallways that the walls exposed, or are they hallways that were inside the building, running along the inside of the outer walls? I may need another map, as this stuff isn't clear. I don't know whether those new hallways run side to side or front to back, and whether they're parallel to the hallways we saw earlier or perpendicular.

My original mental image based on your description is that the entrance door formed the vertical of a 'T' intersection with hallways going left and right (west and east) just past the door along the inside of the southern (bottom) outside wall of the bunker. Those hallways then turned "north/up". At the (north) end of each hall is a firing slot in the wall. And facing inwards (east/right on the left side hall, and west/left on the right side hall) are doors with keypads. What I was assuming is that those north-south hallways were running along the inside of the bunker's side walls. But you never said whether the southern hallway was as long as the southern side of the bunker, or whether the bends occurred short and there is still unaccounted for space between the north-south hallways and the outer side walls.

Thus I have no idea of where these two extra hallways are in relation to the other two.[/justify]
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Imagepost images

Hopefully this will help to clear things up a bit. I have left quite a bit of the bunker blank as you don't know what is in side but what is there you have either seen or can easily infer.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 pm

That matches my original mental image. But it does not show the two 'new' hallways.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm

The rubble exposes an entrance to the two front sections. The dark lines are walls. So you have the outside wall. Space inside wall with entrance on it. Space third wall. There is one hallway between the outside and inside wall and another between the inside wall and the third wall.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Thank you. So what I thought were edges of walls (the black lines) are actual walls themselves. And there is a hidden passage between the hallways the cam droids went down and the outer wall of the bunker?

Also, you didn't confirm or deny whether the cam droids were vaporized.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Yes and yes they got fried.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm

When Rico arrives at the airfield and assesses the state of the X-wing, is it something that can be made operational within a few minutes? Also, can G2 be made functional by the application of a repair patch (3 points) or some mechanics work (a skill check), or is it scrap to be used to assemble a 'new' droid?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context