Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pirate's Bay

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:08 am

Owyn's detailed reprogramming of the computer is suddenly interrupted as he begins to create new sensor logs. The difficulty of creating new logs isn't what slowed him down, instead it was the current sensor information. A large vehicle was coming out of hyperspace. A few quick strokes on the console and it was easily identifiable as an ADZ-class Destroyer. The ship was exiting hyperspace at medium range to the freighter.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Ari uses her comlink to contact the freighter's captain, "Captain, jump your ship. Now! Get out of this system. Now!"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:36 pm

There is no response on the comlink, but a few seconds later you can feel the pull of the ship as it makes a sudden jump to hyperspace before exiting only a moment later. "This is the Captain. Will our Guest please report to the bridge?" A voice says over the intercom. The words are polite but aggravation is readily apparent in the tone.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 am

Ari reluctantly makes her way back to the freighter's bridge, accompanied by the hulking mass of AT-ED.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:36 pm

As Ari steps onto the bridge a chaotic greeting of flashing lights and beeps mingled with various voices greets her. The captain turns to see who has entered and beckons Ari to the navigation station. "The jump was successful, mostly. We have lost all indications of where we are, and it appears may have jumped considerably further than we originally attempted. Is there anyone on your crew who can help us identify our current location? Also, we need to sit down and have a discussion about those Imperial prisoners."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 pm

"There are two astromech droids on the bridge of my ship. You can forward your sensor data to them and they can assist. We can discuss the Imperials now, if you wish."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 pm

The captain turns back to his crew member nodding his head before turning back to Ari. "Please follow me to my briefing room." The captain says, before moving off the bridge and down the hall to a nearby room. Punching in an access code he opens the door and invites Ari to enter before closing it behind them. "First I need to know are you with the Alliance?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm

"I'm obviously not a pirate, otherwise we wouldn't of known exactly where you were and had exactly the correct parts to repair your ship. And the fact that we fired on an Imperial vessel is a strong clue, I should think, that we're at least rebels.

"Unless this is all an exceedingly clever plot by Imperial Security. Perhaps we're working with Imperial Intelligence and that Imperial officer and his men are good actors. Oh, wait, the idiot with the grenade. Bit extreme for an act, I should think. Dying to sell the ruse. Could easily have killed everyone on the bridge, so not very likely he was acting. I've seen some real fanatic Imperials, but that's truly insane. But, wait, we also pretty much wrecked that customs ship. Not a problem. Small price to pay. The New Order sometimes requires sacrifices.

"So, you see, no matter what I say I could be lying. You have no way to know. It's a matter of trust. We came and helped you. Perhaps a bit clumsily, but with good intentions. Towards you and your crew, anyway. Am I with the Alliance? Yes, I am. My crew works for me, more or less. They're not actually Alliance personnel. Let's call them freelancers. None have any great love for the Empire"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm

The captain smiles slightly at Ari's response. "Good, then what I am about to tell you is for your ears only. This ship is part of the corporations assets which are working for the Alliance. Our current mission is to deliver food and some medical supplies to a sanctuary world in the Uncharted Territories. This world is also used to house Imperial prisoners and I suggest we drop a few extra packages off during my delivery. Any objections?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 pm

"None at all. I had intended to take them back with us, but your way is better."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:36 pm

"Good that brings me to the next problem. Your actions have jeopardized the cover of not only this freighter but the entire organization. The corporation must not be held accountable for your actions, yet it is probable that the Empire will do exactly that. Any ideas on how to rectify this situation?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:50 pm

"None whatsoever. We were warned about pirate activity in the sector, and that's what we were expecting. No one told us about the possibility that your ship might be boarded by Imperials, nor that the corporation is actively aiding the Rebellion. My Alliance handler put us in contact with a representative from your company. Neither my handler nor your corporate rep saw fit to inform me to be careful to maintain your cover. A cover we didn't even know about. We came, and we accomplished the mission we agreed to. Unfortunately, there's collateral damage. Which could have been avoided had we been properly briefed. I'm truly sorry for the position that you're now in. We'll do what we can to help you. But 'damage control' for the corporation and the Alliance's interests is going to be someone else's responsibility."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm

"You had no need to know and security demanded you be kept in the dark. The Imperials had the same news of pirates which is why they were in this sector doing customs inspections, or so they said. I was hoping that you had a better solution to the situation than mine, but I suppose it will have to do. I need you to stay with us until we drop off the supplies intended for the safe world, after which we will jump back to that sector and my crew will disembark in life pods. I need your crew to destroy my ship. Once you leave we will send out an emergency signal from the pods and hope the Imperials 'rescue' us. With any luck they will believe you were pirates, who after stealing our cargo destroyed the ship to avoid pursuit. The Alliance has reports for several pirate groups in the area and we will use those descriptions to fill in the blanks on the other ships which came to offload the cargo." The captain sighs loudly before continuing. "There needs to be fresh blaster damage on the outside of the ship, but a detonation in engineering should be enough to cause a catastrophic reaction. Will you help us?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:36 pm

A flash of anger crosses Ari's face, which she makes no attempt to hide, when told "You had no need to know", but it quickly passes. She replies, "That plan sounds good, except for one thing. When the customs ship found you, your ship was disabled. Then it was repaired. Why would pirates capture your ship, repair it, then later destroy it? That's not how pirates behave. They'd take the ship to a shadowport and dispose of it if they didn't want it. Your ship would be more valuable to pirates than its cargo. If you want your ship destroyed and to be 'rescued' by the Empire to try to divert attention away from your company, then you must make it appear that your ship suffered a catastrophic reactor failure. Not battle damage."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:18 am

The captain experiences his own flash of anger as Ari speaks as he utters a few foreign profanities easily distinguished by the vigor and tone in which they were used. "You are absolutely correct, pirates stand more to gain by taking the ship if they are capable. The hope was the Empire would believe they were not and destroyed it out of spite, something they would think the company would never do. A simple engine problem won't work either as they will simply assume it occurred while we were trying to escape." Several moments of silence pass. "We will need to jettison the crew now and have them call for help. Your crew can accompany to complete the mission and they will say that I have been taken prisoner. I will contact the Alliance and have a fake ransom message sent to the company and they can contact the Imperials. Most of the crew knows nothing of the mission, so from their perspective it will be the truth. They just know I ordered them to assist you and they did so."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:28 am

"You can operate this ship without your crew? I don't have enough crew to take the place of yours. You've seen all of my personnel; there are just the five of us including myself. Plus our combat droids and a handful of droids left aboard my ship."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:35 am

The captain smiles, pride in his ship momentarily overcoming him. "This ship is nearly entirely autonomously run by droids. My entire crew is thirty personnel, who operate in three different shifts. It sounds like we will only have six, but a few of the stations can go unmanned for a while."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:01 am

"Let's get started then. You're in command," Ari replies.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 am

With a plan agreed upon the Captain returns to the bridge. Informing Ari that the current bridge crew is the only one which knows the true purpose of this ship and its mission. He tells this group the truth and enlists their getting the others to flee. Once everyone has been instructed as to the story they make their way together the rest of the crew and eject into hyperspace. The captain moves to the navigation console confirming their now known location and then to the communications station. He send an emergency message to the ADZ they just left directed at that sector informing them that he and the ship have been taken hostage and that the crew has been ejected in life pods. He begs for their rescue. A similar message is then sent to the corporation which included demands for a million credits to be paid for the ship and captain to one of the local pirate gangs.

One the communications were finished recording they were sent in unison to their designated recipients. The captain moved to the hyperspace controls and initiated the jump.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:03 pm

"So....what, exactly, is our story? Things didn't go quite as-planned.", asks Owyn.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm

"No, they didn't. We were anticipating pirates and that's what we found ... from a certain point of view. Imperials are pirates, from a Rebel perspective. That the mission was a near-catastrophe is my fault. I'm the leader of our group and I made a very poor decision in the heat of the moment. We should not have gone in guns blazing when we spotted Imperials. I should not have let my feelings, or anyone else's desire for battle and glory," glancing at Hardnox, "get in the way of the mission, and risk our lives foolishly. I'm sorry, and it won't happen again." Ari then proceeds to repeat the freighter captain's plan and the story he'll be spinning.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

if...

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:10 pm

"I said, "If we had to...we could fight." ...to be clear. An objective assessment of our fighting potential, absent of emotion."insists Hardnox. In his best, calm Vulcan-like voice he'll declare,...an old Mandalorian Proverb declares...
"Better to be slow to anger than to be a mighty warrior,
and one who controls his temper is better than one who captures a city."
"Had you waited, they may have brought the fight to US. We certainly could not have completed the mission if the Imperials had destroyed or captured the ship. The arrival of the second ship may have very well be imminent and waiting would have made the task impossible. You took a chance and made a call. It was.....logical."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 am

The group finalizes their discussion and enjoys a quiet trip to their destination. The freighter drops out of hyperspace near a large, mostly uninhabited planet. The captain and the crew of the Cherenkov Blue take the first load of supplies down using the freighter's shuttles. Several locals return to continue the offloading and allow the Blue to continue on its journey. As you return to the freighter, the captain turns to Ari. "Thank you for your help. Where are you off to next?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Ari replies, "That is a good question. One that I don't have an answer to. And you're very welcome."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:42 am

"This is a safe world, the Empire does not know of its existence. With the events of the last few days your crew may very well be in the Empire's sights. You or any of your crew are welcome to stay if you or they don't want to take the risk."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to In Context