Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Cpt. Bess

Postby DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Kip's going to venture down a few decks, across a third of the ship, and over to the aft engineering workshop. It might take a while. If he can locate Cpt. Bess, he'll wait patiently for an opportune time to approach him. If he catches him on-the-go, then it may come down to a Charm check to get a moment of his time.

"Excuse me, Sir. May I have a moment?"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Re: Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Bess looks up from the worktable he's at when Kip enters the shop. "Need something, mister Syndulla?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

device

Postby DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:16 pm

"Ah! Captain Bess! So glad to see that you made it out of Arda safely! Regarding the discovery of Arda Base, Major Yalor was supposed to bring you a suspicious device that was jamming communications near the base. But that was around the time of the Imperial assault. Did he ever bring the device to you? Did Major Yalor make it out alive? Pulling out his holorecorder, Kip will play back the image of the device. "It looked like THIS!"

Spoiler:
Will make Charm check, if need be, to get on his better side if he seems bothered.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:34 pm

"I have your device right here," he gestures at various small components scattered on the table in front of him, "and the major did make it out, but he was critically wounded. He's in the medical bay. Last I heard from Doctor Morrick, he's expected to pull through."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Device....

Postby DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Kip will stare a moment at the parts scattered about (trying to show that he knows what he's looking at). "What do you make of it? Is it Imperial in design or was it built on Arda?

"We found one far outside the base, but I believe another one was found inside the hangar bay."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:35 pm

"It's Imperial, I'm certain of that."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 pm

"Well, it HAD to have been brought here somehow. Multiple ones I suspect. I sort of doubt that a vessel dropped them off nearby. They were probably sneaked in by an inside person. How could these have gotten through receiving? Maybe, perhaps, someone didn't know what they were when they came through? Kip pauses for a second.

"Sorry Captain Bess, just thinking out loud ... so many questions ..."

"Is there anything else? What do you suggest we do?"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:10 pm

"They weren't shipped to Arda. All cargo was scanned, both before being loaded on freighters and again upon arrival. They were brought in by someone carrying them on their person. And it had to have been a junior officer, someone familiar with our security procedures and able to act without supervision. Not one of the senior staff. No one of my rank or higher ever left the base to the best of my knowledge, so none of them could have planted the one that you retrieved on your patrol. This one," gesturing at the disassembled device. "That still leaves a lot of possibilities. One of the pilots could have planted it while on patrol..."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:09 am

"So, we have one or more traitors walking around."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:17 am

"At least one, yes. I've taken steps to ensure that there are no transmissions from the fleet, so we're secure. For now. But if the traitor or traitors are still alive, then our new base on Jagomir may be compromised soon after we arrive. We cannot allow this to happen. We cannot afford to lose another base. Especially not while we're still reeling from losing Arda."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Bess II

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm

"So we're talking about hundreds, if not a thousand, men from Arda Base? That's almost impossible to comb through!" ({sigh}

"Would it be possible to entice the traitor, or traitors, to expose themselves? Maybe by planting some false information? Say....a change of base directives to another system and then monitor outgoing communications?"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:45 pm

"You would have to take that up with Advisor Hase."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Bess

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm

"Well....your input has been helpful. I would kindly ask for an update should any further information come up on (this) device." And with that, Kip will depart and inform the rest of the group when he sees them.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 pm

The team hunkered in the small bunk area aboard the cruiser. It wasn't very comfortable but they did have privacy. As much as would be found anywhere else.

"We've got about 2 and a half days before we make it to Jagomir. Certainly we have to assume the spy is still with the fleet. We've got a short list of possibilities and all are on board this vessel. Our work is cut out for us. We should pull in help from someone with some experience in this like Urel Haydon. Right now, our list is: Commander Qurno, Major Yalor, Captain Bess, and Lieutenant Narek."

Joran read the names slowly to let them sink in and the consequences for accusing such men of treason.

"Narek, would seem the most likely given the facts we have. But we don't have many facts. Not enough to make open accusations. And we can't yet rule everyone out on our list. Perhaps once we make it to Jagomir we might be able to get an exclusive audience with Setenna to feel out if she'd support us. I suggest a two-pronged approach. First, we seek out more evidence that will exonerate or implicate those on our list. The narrower the field the better, and the more information we have the better case we have. Secondly, we should try to monitor the highest suspected members on our list. They are likely to continue their efforts to aid the Empire. We are limited in number. We may not be able to effectively go for each approach. Or we could split our efforts. What do you think?"
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

options....

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:36 pm

"This is such difficult business.", says Kip as he begins to fill them in on the info he received from Cpt. Bess. "Bess suggests it is someone, or persons, below the rank of Captain, as none of the higher-ranked officers left the base in the course of their duties. Perhaps one or more of the traitors would be a pilot, someone who could plant the devices outside of the base.

{{{sigh}}} So MANY possibilities! My only idea is to plant some false information.....a "supposed" witness exists, or physical evidence, or a pretend review of "secret" base holorecordings....and then see if it makes the traitor, or traitors, nervous enough to act."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 am

"That is an interesting idea...though if we do pursue it we need to be cautious. It could completely discredit us if things go sideways. We could plant the information as a potential lead - a source of information that even we are uncertain of that we need to check out. We still risk being seen as chasing ghosts by our superiors but perhaps it's worth the risk? Maybe it's time we bring Haydon in on this. He might have some useful suggestions...and his tradecraft might be more relevant."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Haydon

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 pm

"That may very well be our best move at this point, Joran. Let's find Urel and see what he thinks."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 am

"I do have some long-unused interrogation protocols." BX intoned. Joran opened his mouth to respond but BX continued, "Modified by the Alliance, of course. I can be of some use in questioning these subjects. I have noticed organics tend to ignore droids so I might be able to shadow the subjects as well. Those protocols have not been modified by the Alliance and are at peak efficiency."

"Alright...I'm sure we'll need your help BX, whatever we end up doing." Joran walked to the door and pressed a button on the panel causing the door to slide open. "Let's go see if we can find Haydon."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm

It doesn't take too long to track down Haydon, who's set up 'shop' in the cruiser's enlisted mess.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 am

Haydon spots the heroes of Arda and waves them over.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Haydon

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:33 am

"Urel, I'm glad to see that you made it out alive. Can we talk privately?
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 am

"Sure, grab a seat. Drinks are on me. If you hadn't dug me out I'd still be buried on that rock."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Traitors...

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:45 am

"It seems as though we have traitors within the ranks. Communication jamming devices were found placed in and around the Arda base," says Kip in a whispered voice. "Most likely a lower-ranked officer who could leave the base without being noticed by high command, since high command doesn't leave the base hardly at all. Could be more than one for all we know. Any ideas, Urel?"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:59 am

"Tell me about these devices. Who found them? Where were they planted? What did they have to do with the attack?"

Spoiler:
Bess would have told you that the devices aren't jammers. That's just a side effect of how these particular items work, and it's a design flaw. They are encrypted wide-area subspace relays. A properly engineered device wouldn't give itself away by causing jamming.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

devices

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am

"We (gesturing at his companions) found a device in sector 17, I believe, while out on patrol. It was jamming our communications. Another was in the main hangar on Arda, embedded into the wall. Captain Bess has one disassembled in the workshop in the aft engineering department."

"Whoever it is (or, they are), they would of had access to move around the base and surrounding area freely, and without suspicion."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

PreviousNext

Return to In Context