Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

BX's turn.

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:18 pm

"Bzzt....bzzt....odds of victory 0.000001%....must provide for escape.... Must protect the transport...", he thinks to himself as he notices the Squadron Leader nearly down the escaping GR-75.

"....all too easy." BX says as the Squadron Leader flights directly into his line of fire.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: True Aim Talent
Action: Fire Torpedo at Leader
R1 vs Leader Gunnery Check: 1eA+3eP+2eD+1eB 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spend Two Advantages to Activate 'Linked'
Spend One Advantage to reduce Strain by '1'
11 Damage
11 Damage
Torpedo has 'Breach 6'
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Re: Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:00 am

The bolts from Sandra's X-wing shear off a solar panel on one of the TIEs and the Imperial fighter corkscrews into its wingmate, both craft exploding on impact. First blood to the Rebels. Two down, seven to go.

The perfectly-aimed pair of torpedoes from BX's X-wing arrow in towards the Imperial squadron leader and detonate against the TIE's shields. A brilliant flash and roiling fireball envelops the craft. When it dissipates no trace remains of the Imperial ace, save for a rapidly expanding collection of dust-sized particles.

The remaining TIEs break off their attack runs and head towards the nearest star destroyer in orbit.

Behind the Rebels, everything within a one kilometer radius of where Arda base was vanishes, consumed inside of a growing mushroom cloud. The transport heads for space, and on the opposite side of the planet from where Arda base and the orbiting Imperial star destroyers patrol, jumps to lightspeed.

Safely in hyperspace, your strike force must now rendezvous with the Rebel cell. After embarking on a series of micro-jumps to throw off any pursuit, your four ships arrive in the Eedoq System to meet up with the rest of the Alliance who have escaped. Your ship comms light up as you receive a mournful but resolute transmission from Setenna Hase's transport: "We lost a great deal today: our base, our home, and our friends. We must look past these dark times and steel ourselves for the fight ahead. The Empire will not rest until they have crushed us under their heel, and I will not allow that to happen. We must show the galaxy that tyranny will not prevail — that freedom and democracy will reign once more!

"We mustn't forget those who gave their lives to aid us in our struggle. Among those heroes is General Niall. He was one of our best, and his loss will be felt for a long time, but we must continue his legacy. I leave you all now to your duties and your own remembrances."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 am

Senior Advisor Hase requests that you come aboard the Rebel cruiser, the Fury of Alderaan, to meet with her, her field assistant, and Commander Qurno. She greets you as warmly as possible given the circumstances, thanking you profusely for your service on Arda I: "I cannot accurately express my gratitude for all that you have done on this darkest of days. Without you, I fear we would have lost many more brave souls. We must now regroup and continue our mission. The Empire will not spend any time grieving for its losses and will soon be on our heels once more."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hase

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:41 am

"Yes, of course. Concerning the Empire... While out on patrol right before the attack, we found some sort of communications or jamming device. Upon our return and during the battle, we saw another one implanted in stone just outside the hanger. Our communications were non-functional anywhere near the device. Whatever became of it? A Sullustan Major was to take it to Captain Bess." Kip takes out a holorecorder and plays back the recording he made of the device. "Here's a holographic image we made of the device."

Spoiler:
(Page 7) "Major," the General (Ran Niall?) addresses the Sullustan working at a console nearby, "I believe your new team may have found the source of the signals interference that's been plaguing us. And it explains why we're under attack. There's a traitor in this base. Have Captain Bess take that thing apart and report his findings directly to me. After he finds a way to shut it down."

"Yes, Sir!" The Major takes the device from Joran and then heads off at a run to the hangar bays.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:58 am

Commander Qurno replies, "You'll have to ask Captain Bess about the device. He's in the main hangar bay. Major Yalor is in a bacta tank in sickbay. He was seriously injured during the evacuation."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:50 am

"Just doing my duty, ma'am" Joran was somber.

"Unless you have orders for us, perhaps we should see if Captain Bess needs help. I could see if they need an extra hand in sick bay..." Joran's voice trailed off has he thought of Major Yalor and others who needed care while he was standing there.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:01 pm

"We are working on establishing a new base, but it will not be an easy journey." Setenna brings up a galactic chart and zooms in on a small area of the Outer Rim. "This remote area is the Jaga's Cluster System, an almost-unknown system bordering Wild Space. Jagomir will be our new home, though it is far from the comforts of Arda I. This is a humid, swampy, uncivilized world. Luckily, those same qualities make it an ideal location for a hidden base. Your team's recent experience on Onderon, a world that is in many ways similar, should be valuable.

"If you have questions, feel free to ask them now. If not, you may rest and make yourselves useful in whatever manner you feel that you can. You've earned my respect and appreciation."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:10 am

Joran saluted Setenna, trying not to make eye contact with Narek. Joran was tired and beat up and wasn't sure he could keep the disgust out of his eyes - best not to give any more away.

"I'm going to head to the med bay then get some rest," Joran said to his companions in the hallway. "Lets meet up tomorrow and find out what Captain Bess makes of the device."

Joran continues to the med bay...
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Joran walked into the Fury's med bay and let out a sigh of relief. Doctor Morrick, of course, had things in hand. Joran chided himself. Not everything was falling apart.

"I could use a bit of patching up when you've got a moment."

Joran looked around for Major Yalor, hoping to see how he was doing.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Doctor Morrick looks over Joran and shakes her head. She orders not unkindly, "You look like a warmed-over corpse. Sit down before you fall down and you make me have to scrape your remains off of the deck." She takes a mediscanner and slowly passes it over Joran's body, from head to feet. "Extensive hematomas, multiple blaster burns, high levels of residual bacta in the dermis and bloodstream, elevated white cell count. Didn't anyone ever teach you to duck?" She then proceeds to treat his numerous injuries. "You're staying here. That's an order. You're a patient until I tell you otherwise. Am I clear?"

Spoiler:
Medicine check: 4eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 8 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Heals 3 wounds, and the 1 strain he had.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm

"Very clear, ma'am".
Joran complied with Doctor Morrick as she scanned and poked and prodded him.
"Ducking is not recommended, standing still is recommended to avoid being hit by storm troopers."
Joran's attempt at levity failed to even brighten his spirits as he looked around.
"I'm one of the lucky ones."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm

"Considering how many we lost, that is true. Considering how many more we might have lost had it not been for what you and your companions did, I'd say that the rest of us were lucky your team was on Arda."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:47 pm

"Thank you. We all..." Joran paused and decided not to correct himself, "...do what we can. When you've cleared me, I'd be happy to help here when I can. I don't know how long it will take to get to our new home and settling in might be rough."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 pm

"I'm told the trip is expected to take three days. You, however, have an appointment with one of our bacta tanks. Now."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Joran simply nodded and prepared for his submersion in the tank.
"Thanks, doc" was all he said before putting on the breathing mask.

The last - and only - time Joran was in a bacta tank was at the Imperial Military Academy on Corulag.
Medical science students were expected to experience the technology they'd be using first hand. He never dreamed then he'd ever have to use it to actually heal.
Despite his previous experience Joran was still uncomfortable being trapped in a tank and the odd sensation of his wounds healing so rapidly.
"I'm one of the lucky ones." Joran kept reminding himself. "And I'm going to nail the ******* that did this."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 pm

BX's servos whirred and he clanked a bit as he walked down the hallway.
"I need some repairs and could use a reboot. Maybe I can also get an oil bath?" BX mused as he made his way to the flight bay.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:13 pm

BX walked into the cruiser's main hangar. Normally the sight of a seperatist battle droid drew looks but either his reputation - or that of his team - was known or such an eclectic gathering of beings and droids had made those serving in the Rebel Alliance accustomed to such things.

BX looked around trying to find the deck officer.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Bess

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 pm

"Alright, Joran. Get well, my friend. See you tomorrow."
Joran's comment in front of Narek & co about seeing Bess tomorrow is one that Kip'syndulla will nod in agreement with.....and then do the opposite! He'll go to the hangar, trying not to let anyone see him head in that direction (making a detour and "lay a false trail" (Deception) if need be). Bess hasn't made his report yet and Kip wants to make sure that no one keeps him from doing so. With that, Kip bids everyone a "Good evening."and draws his cloak's hood over his head, disappearing into the halls and making his way to the Main Hangar Bay.
Spoiler:
Deception Check to Lay False Trail: 2eP+1eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageAlso, Kip has the Indistinguishable Talent, upgrading anyone's check to sort me out in a crowd. The GM can roll Diff dice if it anyone is paying attention to his actions.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 pm

No one seems to be paying any attention to Kip. Between the PTSD and fatigue everyone's suffering from, everyone seems to be minding their own tasks, whatever those are.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Jedi Ronin wrote:BX looked around trying to find the deck officer.

BX spots someone who looks like he might be the deck officer. At least the lieutenant seems to be giving orders to nearby deckhands.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:32 pm

BX approaches the lieutenant, his metal fleet clacking on the deck plates, and waits for an appropriate time to interject.

"Lieutenant, I am BX-187 and I have sustained damage fighting Imperial forces. am in need of repairs. Can you direct me to the right personnel?"
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:57 pm

The lieutenant looks at the antiquated battle droid, and comments, "You need more than repairs. But resources are tight and we'll have to make do with you. The oil baths are over there." She points to a corner of the hangar that appears to have an impromptu maintenance station set up, with a bunch of astromechs and repair droids tending to piles of gear and weapons.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Kip makes it to the hangar bay just in time to hear the exchange between BX and the deck officer. He remains, as best he can tell, unnoticed. After he asks a deckhand, he learns that Captain Bess is currently in the aft engineering workshop. That's a couple of decks down and a third of the ship's length away.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 am

BX walks purposefully over to the maintenance station.
A whirring sound rose then fell from his metal body as he ran his diagnostics program one more time to make sure he'd caught all the malfunctions and damage.

BX stopped at the station and spoke generally to the busy astromechs and repair droids:
"I am BX-187 and require an oil bath and repairs."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:03 am

A G2 and R2 set to work on BX, but the damage is beyond their skill to repair. They do, however, manage to cool down his circuits, removing the excess heat he'd accumulated, and drain some fluid to reduce hydraulic pressure in his joints. They then direct him into an oil bath, which they estimate will require 7 hours to completely cool him down. By then the micromanipulators in the unit should have finished rebuilding his damaged circuits and the special chemicals in the bath should finish sealing the rents in his armor.

Spoiler:
Mechanics check: 2eP+2eB+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
correction: 1eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
6 strain removed.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to In Context