Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Trial By Fire - Long Arm of the Hutt (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Trial By Fire - Long Arm of the Hutt (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:14 am

I've sent an email to Baron Fel. If he fails to respond in the next day, I'll drop him from all of the games he's been in. 2+ weeks absent without any sort of notice is just plain rude.

Speaking of rude, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to post actions IC for Silus. So that we can keep the game moving forward. Please?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:20 pm

I have too much going on right now to take on an additional character.

Honestly, it seems this game has ground to a halt completely and while I'm wiling to continue I wonder if there is sufficient interest to do so.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Yeah, it appears, at this moment, to just me me and Swrider in the game. I, too, am happy to continue though I would want to cut down un-played characters reasonably quickly. I don't mind posting for others, so long as we can clear them fairly quickly. (Perhaps in the next firefight...)

I suppose it depends if you want to try another recruitment run, and how Ennervance feels.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ennervance » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Ennervance feels like drinking heavily. (Have you ever had to fire anyone bright and early Monday morning? Not a great week starter.) Bleeding into the sands is about my limit, right now :/ Sorry everyone!
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:07 am

Baron Fel is dropped from the game. I'll be posting on the FFG board for replacement players when I get a few spare moments.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am

ennervance wrote:Ennervance feels like drinking heavily. (Have you ever had to fire anyone bright and early Monday morning? Not a great week starter.) Bleeding into the sands is about my limit, right now :/ Sorry everyone!

My sincerest condolences. I hope your week gets better.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:49 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:Baron Fel is dropped from the game. I'll be posting on the FFG board for replacement players when I get a few spare moments.

Post done. You may view it here.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 pm

ennervance wrote:Ennervance feels like drinking heavily. (Have you ever had to fire anyone bright and early Monday morning? Not a great week starter.) Bleeding into the sands is about my limit, right now :/ Sorry everyone!

I forgot to say 'thanks' for dropping in to say hi, letting us know you're still alive and kicking (so to speak).

I hope that the past couple of days have gone better for you than Monday.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Oh... my sympathies.

Shall we pause to see if anyone wants to pick up (potentially slightly modified) version of the existing characters?
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

I was assuming we were paused. I certainly don't expect 2 players to try to manage 6 characters in the same game!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Talk about multiple personalities.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Which of me was that directed to? :P
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ennervance » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:14 am

Feels weird to get condolences for letting a guy go - if anything, he should probably get them! But thank you anyways.

And I drop by plenty, though I suspect you know that from hovering over the board stats. Most of my characters are just at a point I can't do much with them, but I still try and check in at least once every 36 hours.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 am

I've added this new topic, which should make it easier for the players to follow along and know where things stand.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Well hopefully when this kicks up again, you can do more than lay in the sand. :D

Also, I like the new tracker Shado. Should make things a lot easier to work with.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:37 pm

We had something similar in the Prakith Cell game and it really helped during combat... During non combat encounters I let it fall by the wayside.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Well, the idea wasn't mine. It was developed by one of the players from my After the Fall game (that recently quit). But since I've been revamping the forums this week, and preparing for new gamers, I thought I should address any possible concerns ahead of time.

Speaking of new gamers, no one has replied to either of my posts at FFG (for this game or for Far Orbit). Which is why I haven't yet made posts for Strike Force Isk or After the Fall. It's rather discouraging and disappointing to have dozens of people look at the posts but not a single person respond.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Perhaps we should look at merging some games?

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:59 pm

The only thing that my games share (other than my being their GM) is that some of them have the same players, so I can't merge any of my own games.

There are only two open slots in my Isk game for any characters from your FoF game (unless the party grows beyond 6 PCs). Isk needs a face, but I refuse to play a face in a game I'm GMing (and I really detest playing a PC in my own games, not to mention other players tend to resent GMs that do that sort of thing). Likewise with bringing FoF characters into this game. Quicksilver is playing characters in both games, and while this game, too, needs a face, I won't play Ari in it (both because she's my character and I'm the GM, and because this game is not an AoR game).

A different, but related option might be for you to take over running my Strike Force Isk game. If we did that, we could merge characters from my Isk game and those from your FoF game, and either restart the current SFI adventure, or better yet just hand-wave the entire (combined) group to their next adventure: Onslaught at Arda I. Quicksilver would have to give up playing either BX or MidDen, unless both you and she agree that she can play two characters in the same game. Personally, I'd hate to see her abandon either character, most especially BX.

Frankly, having you take over my Isk game might be better for everyone. It allows me to continue playing Ari (something I very much want to do), and my group of players has been kind of (to use a polite phrase) "lost" in a less structured environment such as in their current mission, rather than the more structured (linear) plots of their first mission or the OaA book. And because they've been lacking in being well-directed, that game hasn't been all that much fun for me to run. It pains me to see players struggling to figure out what to do. But I refuse to hold their hands. That doesn't do them any favors, no matter what they might think. Tough love. heh

But none of the above fixes this game, which is short 3 players (4, if ennervance bows out). Unless some of the not-so-Rebel-minded PCs from FoF also slot into this game.

So your FoF game would shut down and those characters would be split between this game and Strike Force Isk. And you would take over Isk (because I'd be running Ari in that game, replacing the old face 'Telle').

You'll have to decide if this is something that you are willing (and want) to do. And if so, then you need to ask DeepSpacer, FarSox, and Quicksilver if they want to do that too.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:17 pm

I was actually talking about merging two of your games. I am really enjoying and looking forward to where FoF goes and do not want to eliminate that game. Especially since it has a full complement of players. Even with the loss of DtDunn we still have a good sized group.

I am wiling to look at taking over the strike force Isk game if you would desire allowing you to play a PC. That being said I do not have a copy of on slot at Arda 1 and generally dislike GMing pre-made games. I would be happy to read through the game though and continue it on one of my home brew games. I should be able to match the "style" of the game once I read through it. It will take me a week or two before I can get sufficiently familiar with the game and characters, however.

If this is an option you would like to pursue than we should move this discussion to that games OOC. (let me know here first though since Im not monitoring that game)

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 pm

As I mentioned earlier, none of my games can be merged with one another. They are not designed to allow for that, nor are the characters in them suitable to any of my other games given each game's setting.

As for taking over Strike Force Isk, that's off the table if you're going to continue running FoF, since I'll be continuing to play Ari in FoF then. Though it's not her character, Quicksilver is temporarily handling running the face in Isk, and Isk is only short two player slots. It can continue as is for a while without too much trouble.

It is this game that needs players the most. Well, After the Fall is in even worse shape, but I shut that game down and will restart it from scratch once I take care of the staffing needs of my other games.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Ok. plan b back to plan a.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 pm

By the by, I guess that Quicksilver missed where I wished her a Happy Birthday! in the thread dedicated to such things (posted 23 hours ago). So I thought I'd go ahead and mention it here while it's still her birthday.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Woops. Happy birthday quicksilver.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:01 am

Thanks guys, :)
Quicksilver
Level 12

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context