Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Trial By Fire - Long Arm of the Hutt (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Trial By Fire - Long Arm of the Hutt (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 am

There is a flash of white light and the tone of the ship’s engines drops several octaves as you emerge from hyperspace. Below you lies the dusty baked surface of Ryloth.

As you work out the best way to descend to the Nabat spaceport, the slim silhouette of a starfighter bursts from hyperspace barely a kilometer from your position.

You’ve seen this craft before, as it regularly docked at Mos Shuuta. It belongs to a Kubaz who often runs errands for Teemo the Hutt. The craft banks around and begins to slow, cruising toward you on an attack vector.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Trial By Fire - Long Arm of the Hutt (IC)

Postby Cael » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 am

Gand throws the Krayt Fang into a tight spiral, diving for the planet. Over Gand's shoulder Gand yells to the rest of the crew. "Incoming starfighter! Get to the guns!"
Cael
Level 5

Postby MuttonchopMac » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Inyri curses and scrambles for the dorsal gun turret.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby ennervance » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:19 am

Garr pulls his head from under the engine cowling. "Just be careful with turns, that patch is only temporary!"
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:27 pm

"Ah, so the trap is sprung!" Fabrizzio commented as he slid into the cockpit with a flourish of his cape and took a seat on the side where the communication controls were situated. He mounted a headset on and flicked the switch on. "Alright compatriots, lets do this!"
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ennervance » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:09 am

"I was hoping this wasn't going to be necessary," Garr grumbles as he bypasses the engine baffle damaged in their last fight.

Mechanics to repair hull trauma: 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

With talents that's another 3 HT repaired. Better than nothing, right?

"That ought to hold us for now. Engine shouldn't explode for another hour. Let's see if we can avoid making any more aru'e in that time, what say?"
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Cael » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:01 am

"Hold tight, Gand is taking us in!" Gand yells, throwing the throttle forward and twisting the Krayt Fang into a tight loop, making sure to avoid the fighter's fields of fire but minimizing the traversal for the Fang's gunners.

Pushing the Krayt Fang to speed 4 and spending a maneuver to get to close range. I'm assuming this is the speed the fighter is traveling at, if not we can add or subtract dice. I also wasn't sure about handling.

Would it be possible to add a thread to the character subforum for the Krayt Fang? It'd be a convenient place to look up stats and keep track of things like damage, modifications, etc.

Gain the advantage: 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cael
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Fabzzio tried to come up with something inspiring or helpful for the gunners, but after a few long seconds, "Let him have it" was all he managed to come up with. Not exactly his finest moment.

Spoiler:
Fire Discipline (Leadership): 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
...Welp, guess it didn't help anyone.
Last edited by Quicksilver on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:43 am

Argon jumps into the bottom torrent falling in on the controls. With no time to aim precisely he points the weapon toward the enemy and lets bolts fly.

I couldn't remember the difficulty for close range with ships weapons and am away from the book so I went with easy.
Gunnery: 3eA+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
correction: 1eD 0 successes, 2 threat

that's 8 9 damage - soak.
Last edited by ShadoWarrior on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrections by the GM
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:52 am

The shot blows completely through the enemy ship's shields, through their armor, and deep into their hull. There is no doubt that you've seriously hurt them.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Cael » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Inyri tracks the gun across the fighter's trajectory, attempting to lead it, but the shots fail to connect as the fighter loops around to evade. The maneuver ruins its attack run, however, giving the crew of the Krayt Fang a split second advantage.

Maneuver to aim, shooting at the attacker:

Gunnery: 1eP+2eA+2eD+1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Missed, using the advantage to pass a boost to the next player.
Cael
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:19 pm

The enemy vessel applies evasive maneuvers and drops down into Ryloth’s atmosphere to escape from the engagement.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Combat is over; players may attempt to recover strain.

You land safely land, without further incident, at Nabat's spaceport on Ryloth.

As with many Rylothan settlements, large portions of Nabat exist underground in order to protect its inhabitants from the harsh environment and wandering predatory lyleks.

The upper levels of Nabat are exposed to the elements and they consist of several landing pads, slum dwellings, and a cantina.

B’ura B’an offers to see to it that the Krayt Fang is safely docked and that any repairs needed are carried out and paid for by his contacts in Nabat. If you wish to finally see to the removal of the hyperspace transponder, this is the perfect time to do so.

B’ura B’an is eager to get you away from the surface and into the tunnel complex below. He says that the Krayt Fang is safe for the time being, as he has sympathizers among the spaceport staff.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Cael » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:55 am

Gand gently sets the Krayt Fang down on the landing pad B'ura indicates and powers the ship's systems down. "Gand will follow B'ura, but first Gand believes that it is important to remove the transponder. Gand will assist however Gand can. Perhaps Gand could attach it to another ship leaving the spaceport. This deception could throw Teemo off the trail."
Cael
Level 5

Postby ennervance » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:58 pm

"Already on it," Garr said, climbing on the dorsal hull. Prybar in one hand and spanner in the other, he cuts an impressive figure in his armor.

Computers for transponder: 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
Take that, Teemo!
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:24 am

Your haste in removing the gizmo with the prybar causes you to loosen one of the already-damaged hull plates, further damaging the hull (mechanical effect is to undo 1 point of your emergency HT repairs).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:57 am

Argon “I’m glad we’ve got that taken care of. Still I doubt we have much time here before they come looking for us. We should get moving as soon as repairs are completed”

swrider
Level 20

Postby Cael » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:55 pm

"Perhaps B'ura's associates can repair the damage? Gand agrees that it would be best to get out of the open as quickly as possible."
Cael
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:22 pm

"I'm all for getting moving." Fabzzio added, sounding quite put upon. "Personally, I'm planning to get lost in the closest major city. This has already been enough of a disaster."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 pm

B’ura B’an leads the group from the surface deep under the ground, to a district of the city where individual residences are dug into the cavern walls. The narrow corridors are packed with various beings going about their business. Hundreds of Twi’leks throng the walkways and passages, but they are not the only citizens of Nabat. Swaggering Aqualish shoulder their way past you while beeping droids scurry between shops and tunnel ways. Human traders hawk their wares from stalls set within niches to the side of the walls.

Along the way, first Fabrizzo and then Inyri part ways with the group and lose themselves in the maze of tunnels. Meanwhile, the party has been shadowed from the spaceport by one particular Twi'lek, a deep purple-skinned young lady dressed in heavy black clothes (Eleena Amersu).

A Image Perception check for anyone keeping an eye out for tails — such as B’ura B’an has been.

B’ura suddenly stops, turns, points at Eleena, and gestures for her to come closer, "Why have you been following us?"
Observing the group from a vendor stall a short distance away is a smaller-than-average, chunky, armored Rodian teenager carrying a longblaster (Silus Devine). A ImageImage Perception check to notice him, as he's not nearly as obviously interrested in the group as Eleena.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Nyalee » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 am

Uqoza had been occupied with his own thoughts and looks up, rather startled by B'ura B'an's sudden exclamation.
He then gazes in the direction the Twi'lek is pointing to see who was following them.

Spotting Eleena: 1eA+1eD+1eS 2 failures
ImageImageImage
Nyalee
Level 1

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 am

Eleena started at B'ura's sudden recognition and accusation. On feared instinct her hand made a move for her blaster, though she stopped it before it reached the grip. Her composure returned to her in that moment and she held the other twi'lek's eye with an unintimidated and unthreatening gaze. She glanced over to the others in the group before answering.

"I'll cut to the chase – I saw you come in on that independent freighter, and I'm looking for a way off planet. I can't pay for the ride, but I'm happy to work my passage. I was hoping we would work out a deal, but I wanted to get a feel for what kind of crew you guys were first."

Spoiler:
Just for fun charm check, unknown difficulty.: 2eP+1eA 4 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
Cool check: 1eC+2eD 1 failure, 3 threat
ImageImageImage
... yielding a net 3 success and 1 threat.
Last edited by ShadoWarrior on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added opposed check results
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 pm

B'ura replies, "The kind with places to go to, people to meet, no time for questions in public places, and a strong dislike of the unexpected." He gestures to Argon, "Keep watch for anyone else taking an undue interest in us." Then he addresses Gand, "Make sure she doesn't do anything awkward, like using a comm or sending signals to a confederate," before he orders Eleena, "You, come with us. We'll have a nice chat someplace quiet and private."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

This Twi'lik was clearly used to commanding as much as Eleena was used to following orders, and so in a moment the young woman fell into line, quietly nodding her consent to the demands placed upon her.

What did I just get myself into? Eleena thought as she found herself walking along with the unusual group. She made a point of keeping her hands neutral and out of her pockets as she went, not wanting to give the Gand any reason to find fault with her.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:46 pm

No stranger to watching his back Argon Intently scans the scene surrounding the group. The magnificent buildings carved into the cliffs and diverse cultures surrounding them are quite the sight to behold. The primitive architecture and rusting environment are so alien when compared to the cold industrial walls of the corporations he is used traveling. A group of ruff looking Auqilish catches Argon's eye and he watches them intently sensing trouble. They are huddled around speaking in whispers and occasionally glancing up to see if anyone notices them. After a few moments the a gap opens up between the Aquilish and a small quadruped with a restraining device can clearly be seen between them. One of the Asualish hold a data pad with a picture of the creature clearly displayed with the word "missing" underneath. Completely engulfed in his surrounding and what he though was suspicious behavior Argon is otherwise oblivious to any more dangerous parts of his surroundings.
perception: 3eA+2eD 0 successes

swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to In Context