Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 pm



The party manages to escape from Teemo's palace, each of you wanted by the Hutt for either betraying him, or simply angering him (which is remarkably easy to do; he's a Hutt after all). Pursuing you are a half-dozen snorting and slavering Gamorreans, huffing and puffing several dozen meters behind you in the blistering midday heat of Tatooine's twin suns. You're headed between the dewback stables and the chandlery (Offworld Traders), towards the cantina and the back alley behind the junk shop to its north. Perhaps you think that you can outrun Teemo's thugs, or lose them in the shantytown to the east. You quickly realize that while the piggies aren't gaining on you, neither do they appear to be tiring -- unlike yourselves.


Each PC suffers 2 strain from the stress of running in the heat of Tatooine's day.

Realizing that you won't be able to keep running for much longer, you duck into the cantina. You step down a short flight of stairs into the cantina's shadowy common room, the cool air a blessed relief from the scorching heat of Tatooine. The Devaronian bartender pauses in his chores to stare at you, his devilish features intimidating. On a stage against the far wall, a Twi'lek woman dances to recorded music. Private booths line the walls, and the cantina floor is scattered with tables and chairs. A few patrons turn in their seats to stare at you . The only other exits you see from the room are what looks to be a storage closet in one corner and a doorway behind the Twi'lek dancer. The arched roof above you is supported by thick, heavy struts. You only have a few moments to find a hiding place before Teemo's thugs arrive. What do you do?

User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Rakaydos » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Fabrizzo strides confidently to the back of the cantina, winking at the Twi'lek dancer. As he steps onto the stage, he starts to ask, "Excuse me, miss, would you mind if I used the back room?" The Twi'lek girl stared incomprehensibly, replying something in her native language. After a moment, with the Gammorians closing in behind, Fabrizzo realizes he's cornered, and draws his weapons. Or tries- the parrying dagger comes easilly enough, but the sword hangs in his sheath, as he hops around trying to pull it out.
Charm check to convince the Twi'lek dancer to hide me: 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 failures, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cool check inititive: 3eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
Rakaydos
Level 4
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Argon walkes confidently into the center of the cantina slowing on the far side of the more vacant tables. Kneeling in the dim light he reaches into the side puch of his backpack readying his blaster while trying to keep it out of sight.
Stealth corrected: 1eP+2eA+1eD 0 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImage corrected roll using appropriate dice.




Cool Corrected: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage Corrected useing appropriate dice.
Last edited by swrider on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3133
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Cael » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Gand moves directly to the bartender, and attempts to talk him into letting Gand take cover behind the bar. Unfortunately, the combination of straining in the heat and speaking through a respirator left Gand unable to convince the bartender of anything.
Negotiation check to get bartender to let me hide behind the bar: 1eP+1eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImage

Realizing that Gand's original plan wouldn't work, and seeing others preparing for a fight in the center of the cantina, Gand slides into the second booth on the left (two to the left of the stage), draws Gand's blaster from its holster, and watches the door for the Gamorreans.

Initiative check for cantina fight: 2eP 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage
User avatar
Cael
Level 5
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby MuttonchopMac » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Inyri scrambles into the cantina with less dignity than the other strangers that she met fleeing Teemo's. Her eyes scan the room in an instant, and she slides into the second booth on the right, back against the wall nearest the door. She sets her rifle on the seat next to her, hoping the table might hide it, and tries to shrink back into the cushion. With any luck, she might slip out behind the pigs, or at least hit their flank when hell inevitably breaks loose.

Sweat is beading on her forehead as she pushes a lock of orange hair out of her eyes, her pulse pounding in her ears. Her allies just got blown away, and her mind is racing back to her squad dying around her. No. She wills her mind back to the present, and finds her finger back on the trigger of her rifle. Being trapped in a booth when Gamorreans with axes were on the way probably wasn't the best idea, but she knows it's too late to move now.

Initiative (Cool check) 1eA+1eP = 2 successes
ImageImage

Stealth check to blend 1eD+3eA = 1 advantage ... wow
ImageImageImageImage

EDIT: BBcode, it has been too long. Fixing my issues with URLs.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Yepesnopes » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:13 am

Uqoza enters the cantina already wondering if betraying Teemo like this was a good idea, now he has some temporary allies bound by necessity, but what will happen next? Putting the distracting thoughts aside, Uqoza throws a quick apologising gaze to the bartender and then he climbs rapidly onto the struts supporting the ceiling, with enough time to rest his blaster on one of the struts pointing towards the entrance.

climbing on to the cantina's ceiling struts: 2eA+1eP+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Cool check for initiative: 1eP 0 successes, 2 advantage
Image
User avatar
Yepesnopes
Level 2
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:54 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ennervance » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:03 am

As Inyri shakes herself free of her memories, Garr slides into the seat across the booth from her. Slinging his pack to the side, which conveniently covers his blaster carbine, he flashes a smile at her. "The real trick, is to make them think we're patrons without drinks."

He cups his hands together before him on the table, as if he were nursing a slug of Corellian whiskey.

Stealth to hide in Inyri's booth.: 3eA+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Cool check for initiative.: 1eA+1eP 2 successes
ImageImage
ennervance
Level 4
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:44 pm

The half-dozen Gamorreans, wielding large cudgels, burst into the cantina.
Fabrizzo is the first to act...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:54 pm

(I will offer my init slot to any PC that wants to go- I'll take the first slot after the gammorians move up to engage people)

(Note to GM- with my Bladebreaker dagger out, the difficulty to attack me in melee is 2 purple and 2 blacks.)
Rakaydos
Level 4
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Inyri acts first...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby MuttonchopMac » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Inyri gives Garr a quizzical look, then wordlessly stands, getting her knee onto the seat for support. There is no reluctance in her actions - she knows that there will be no mercy for her, just like her late comrades. She leans around the corner, pressing her rifle barrel against the side of the booth for stability, the stock finding her shoulder. Her sights line up on the nearest Gamorrean, and she allows herself a split second to aim, counting on the dim light of the cantina - in contrast to the glaring sunlight outside - to leave them temporarily blind.

Exhaling, she squeezed the trigger, spraying scarlet energy into the pigs.

Well, what the heck, I'll take a strain to use True Aim (I read the house rules) and fire on the nearest Gamorrean. Since the Gamorreans are somewhere between the stage and the entrance, as as Inyri, this counts as Short Range, so one Difficulty die. Oh boy oh boy.

Firing at the nearest Gamorrean: 1eD+3eP+1eB = 3 successes and a Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImage

That's 12 Damage, and I'd like to spend the Triumph on upgrading the next combat check made by an ally, to reflect the Gamorreans being disoriented (not in game terms) by the sudden burst of fire in the dim cantina. Not to meta-game, but that probably won't drop a rival in a single shot. Someone else ought to finish him.

Status: 0/13 Wounds and 3/12 Strain
MuttonchopMac
Level 2
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 pm

The blaster bolt burns a hole completely through the Gamorrean's chest, and he drops without even a squeal.
One down, five to go. Uqoza is next...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Yepesnopes » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:01 am

Uqoza, taking advantage of the confusion created by the women called Inyri, takes a deep breath, carefully aims at one of Teemo's minions and pulls the trigger, releasing a burst of blaster fire.

Uqoza takes an Aim maneuver and uses the upgrade provided by Inyri. I also flip one light destiny token.Attack roll agains Gamorreans: 3eP+1eB+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
That is two Gamorreans are hit fir 11 damage.
User avatar
Yepesnopes
Level 2
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:54 am
Location: Barcelona

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:16 am

Both Gamorreans drop, riddled with smoking blaster holes.
Three down, three left. Gand is next...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Cael » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:28 am

Seeing the Gamorreans cut down in the crossfire, Gand abandons Gand's plan to lay low and elects to go on the offensive. Gand takes Gand's time lining up a shot, taking a few deep breaths and feeling the refreshing coolness of the air in the cantina.

Gand squeezes the trigger. The shot goes wide, but it distracts one of the Gamorreans enough to leave him exposed to a follow-up shot.



Edit: Put quote tags around dice block
User avatar
Cael
Level 5
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Seeing the gamorrean distracted by Gand's shot, Argon brings his holdout blaster into a steady position lineing it up for a shot at the distracted gaurd.

Attack Gammorrean: 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImage 8 damage. I use the triumph to cause a critical Critical hit to Gammorrean: 1d100 15,one advantage to pass a boost onto the next PC, and the last advantage to recover one strain.


Taking those few seconds to aim really paid off as Argon sees the blast hit the Gammorrean right in his vital area fealing a sudden bost of confidence. The remaining three gaurds are momentarily destracted hearing the groans of the companion. See the distraction Argon moves into a position more covered by the tables.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3133
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:11 pm

The Gamorrean squeals in pain, dropping his cudgel and grasping his belly.
Garr is next...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ennervance » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Seeing the rest of the group opening up, Garr pretends to hurl his invisible glass at the one the Gand had just shot. Using that as a distraction, he pulls the carbine from under the backpack, snapping it up and firing from the hip.

OOC - using a fluffy description. Mechanically, a maneuver to Aim and an action to fire the carbine.
Ranged (heavy) check on them Gamorreans.: 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Results - 12 damage, a boost to whomever takes their turn next and one directly to Fabrizi.
ennervance
Level 4
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:19 pm

The shot goes through the Gamorrean's hands, through the gaping wound in his gut, and blows a huge hole in his back, abruptly ending the piggy's squeals.
Fourth one down, leaving two standing ... versus six of you. Ordinarily this is where their morale would likely break and they'd run. But given that these thugs work for Teemo, running isn't an option. Their choice is certain death from the Hutt versus taking their -- rather poor -- chances facing you.

One of the Gamorreans engages Inyri, while the other engages Garr. Swinging their large clubs, both connect solidly, inflicting moderate wounds to both heroes.
Attacking Inyri with cudgel: (roll) 3 successes, 1 advantage. Inyri takes 5(weapon)+3(successes)-5(soak)=3 wounds.
Attacking Garr with cudgel: (roll) 2 successes, 1 advantage. Garr takes 5(weapon)+2(successes)-3(soak)=4 wounds.

Time for Fabrizzo to end this...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Rakaydos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:20 am

Finally getting his sword put of it's sheath, fabrizzo rushes the Gammorian attacking Garr, on the theory that Ingri can handle herself. Catching the piggy off guard, it seemed suprised when the point of Fabrizzo's sword emerged from its chest, before it keeled over.

Draw sword, 2 strain to move up to pig on Garr, attack with sword.
Melee check (sword) vs the pig on Garr: 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
5+4 damage Pierce 2
Take 1 strain from threat, overall 5 strain down.
Rakaydos
Level 4
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Rakaydos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:29 am

Recovering his blade, Fabrizzo attempts to duplicate his feat against the last of teemo's thugs, moving toward Inyri more sedately this time. Without the momentum behind the blow, the blade didnt go all the way through, but the deep wound would no doubt compromise it's fighting ability...


Melee check (sword) vs the pig on Inyri: 1eP+2eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
5+2 pierce 2, crit +10
crit +10: 1d100+10 87
Compromised: increase difficulty of all skill checks by 1 purple. (including melee checks)
Rakaydos
Level 4
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby MuttonchopMac » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Inyri gets her arm up in time to take the blow from the cudgel on her forearm and goes sprawling on the table. She grimaces and bites her tongue, but otherwise takes the hit quietly. No room for weakness in the Imperial Legion...

As Fabrizzo charges in and begins attack the two Gamorreans, she manages an ungainly roll of the table and finds her feet, scrambling towards the center of the room, where she continues firing.

I guess I'll use a Maneuver to move to Short Range (the tables), and fire again. I started digging for the improvised weapon page and then gave up. Rakaydos, I apologize in advance if Despair comes up.

Firing: 1eC+1eA+2eP = 2 success, 1 advantage, and Triumph.
ImageImageImageImage

The advantage is spent on recovering a point of strain, and I will put down the piggy with my 11 damage. The Triumph will very lamely be spent on another point of strain recovery.
Status: 3/13 Wounds and 1/12 Strain
MuttonchopMac
Level 2
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:41 pm

The last of Teemo's thugs collapses with a thud. The Gamorreans are defeated! The silence that follows is broken by slow, unamused applause. The Devaronian bartender approaches and laughs a brittle little laugh. "I guess you're folks who need to get off the planet in a hurry. The good news for you is that I happen to know that there's a freighter in Landing Bay Aurek right now. The bad news is that its captain, Trex, is an associate of the Hutt's and won't just let you on. The other bad news is that the reason I know it's still in the landing bay is that it has a broken hypermatter reactor igniter and won't be flying anywhere until it gets a new one installed. I bet Vorn over at the junk shop has one." Then he points at the door. "Now get out of my cantina."
Each PC may make a Simple (-) Discipline or Cool check. Each Success recovers 1 strain. You may not tend to your wounds in the cantina. The bartender, while friendly enough, is serious about wanting you out of his place pronto.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5932
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby Rakaydos » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Cool check strain recovery: 3eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
Strain at 8/13


Fabrizzo offered to help Inyri out. "Sounds like we have to talk to a man about a machine. Unless we want to ride dewbacks to the next town over, it sounds like we have one option."

There's trumpeting from the Dewback Corral next door as the group get ready to exit the bar.
Last edited by Rakaydos on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rakaydos
Level 4
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:14 pm

Argon seeing Fabrizzo and Inyri leaving goes over to check on Garr offering him a helping hand as he heads out the door.
Cool check to recover strain: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImage I took 2 strain from the heat. Recovered one during the battle and now am back to 0 Strain
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3133
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Next

Return to In Context

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

suspicion-preferred