Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby swrider » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Argon walks into the number 3 hold. "I can't find anywhere to dispose of these skins. Who would of thought it would be this hard to find an airlock? Besides I can hardly think with this smell. Any ideas on how to dispose of them?"
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:53 am

MuttonchopMac wrote:Inyri makes her way to the cockpit without saying anything to the Twi'lek, but keeps her rifle handy out of distrust. She plops down in a chair next to the Gand.

"Well, captain, everyone seems to be doing alright, apart from the smell. Any ideas as to a heading?"

It is apparent that the previous owner of the vessel has not been keeping the navigational computer up to date. The computer is capable of navigating just a couple of stable hyperroutes and has only six destinations programmed into it. These are Tatooine, Christophsis, Geonosis, Ryloth, Trandosha and Kashyyyk.

Of these destinations, only Ryloth is immediately viable as a port of call. It is well known that neither the oligarchs of Christophsis nor the Geonosians take kindly to uninvited guests, and that it would be a risky and expensive business to acquire fuel or credit from either world. Trandosha and Kashyyyk are also dangerous destinations at this time, besides which the ship is so low on fuel that such a journey might leave you stranded in hyperspace.

Compared to the Core Worlds, Ryloth is a poor and somewhat lawless planet. Compared to Tatooine, it’s downright civilized. The ship could make the journey easily enough and with fuel to spare, and the planet is home to a number of hardscrabble spaceports at which cheap fuel should be easy enough to purchase.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:04 am

swrider wrote:Argon walks into the number 3 hold. "I can't find anywhere to dispose of these skins. Who would of thought it would be this hard to find an airlock? Besides I can hardly think with this smell. Any ideas on how to dispose of them?"

The Twil'lek volunteers that you might try using the freight loading chamber (between the main and #2 holds; between the 'mandibles'), which is how his cell was brought aboard.

I'll need a ImageImage Computers check (plus Image, due to the ongoing smell) from whomever decides to try, to operate the controls.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:09 am

Quicksilver wrote:"Uqoza here's a good doctor, he'll have you back to full strength in no time. If you don't mind me asking, how long did Trex have you locked up in there?"

"I don't know. However long it takes for this vessel to make the jump from Ryloth to wherever we are now. Which is where?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Cael » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Gand looks over the navigation readout and then turns to Inryi. "It looks as though Ryloth is our best and only bet. But we can procure fuel there and move elsewhere."
Cael
Level 5

Postby MuttonchopMac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:04 am

Inyri frowns thoughtfully at the readout. "Well if Argon hasn't already spaced the skins, I say we land, sell what we can to pay for fuel, remove that transponder, and then move along. I doubt Teemo has any real authority on Ryloth, but I'd like to get more distance between us."

She fails to mention that she has other reasons to stay on the move, but doesn't yet know the beings that she just helped hijack a ship.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby swrider » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 pm

"I've had enough dealing with these computer systems. We've found a way to get these skins off the ship but I'll need someone to work the computer for me while I prep them." Argon calls out.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Cael » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:05 pm

"Gand agrees. We should move quickly. If Gand knows anything about Teemo, it's that Teemo will seek retribution for Trex and this ship. We would do well to switch vessels on Ryloth if possible."
Cael
Level 5

Postby MuttonchopMac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:24 pm

"If we can put the skins in the airlock and not space them," Inyri calls back, "we might be able to sell them." Turning to Gand, she adds with a half a wry grin, "Another ship-jacking so soon?"
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby Cael » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:29 am

"Gand prefers to think of it as ship-liberation," Gand says, deforming Gand's carapace in the Gand approximation of a smile. "What self-respecting spaceship would not prefer to fly with Gand over its current owner?"
Cael
Level 5

Postby Yepesnopes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 pm

"Ei! The wookies are an honorable folk, nobody is selling the skins of those poor souls as if they are mere goods. We will just get rid of them, once on a planet we will burn them."
Yepesnopes
Level 2

Postby swrider » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Argon moves to the freight loading controls. His patience with computer systems getting to him he hopes that luck is on his side as he try to operate the system. Giving up after a few minutes Argon places the Wookie skins on the floor. “This computer hates me. I’ll Leave these skins here maybe someone can get this system to operate.” He yells to no one in particular. Moving out of the cargo bay trying to clear his head Argon begins to search the crew and captains quarters looking for anything that may be interesting. Just focus on something else for a while. Let the computer people deal with the computers. I’m better with people anyways. he thinks to himself.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ennervance » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:09 pm

"Ugh, found the smell," Garr mutters to himself as he enters the cargo hold. Seeing the stinking skins next to the locked freight ramp, he steps up and tries to key in the cycle to vent them.

Computer check for freight ramp.: 2eD+1eS+2eP+1eA 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Yepesnopes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:29 am

"Fabrizzio, can you keep an eye on B’ura B’an? I am going to the cockpit to see why we are not getting away from this planet."
Already at the door frame, he turns and says to Fabrizzio
"You should also rest, you need it"

The moment Uqoza arrives to the cockpit, he talks with Gand to see which is the problem. Immediately he sits himself at the astrogational computer and starts calculating the coordinates

"Ryloth, you say? It will take me just a minute, I used to do this from time to time in the military.
There you have! Punch it! We should not linger here any longer
"

Astrogation check: 3eA+1eP+1eB+1eD 4 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I used one Destiny point
Last edited by Yepesnopes on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yepesnopes
Level 2

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:27 am

"I'd be my pleasure, Uqoza." Fabrizzio replied, glad for the excuse not to get up anywhere else. Leaning back in the chair, he passed through idle conversation with the Twe'lik. Conversation which, depending on B'ura's willingness, would likely devolve to Fabrizzio telling glorious stories of the Tupani Nobility in grand style.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Cael » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:51 am

"Gand thanks you for your assistance Uqoza." Gand transfers the data from the navicomputer to the hyperdrive, adjusts the Krayt Fang's course, and launches the ship into hyperspace. Gand feels a wave of relief wash over Gand as they leave that parched hell of a system, leans back in Gand's chair, and closes Gand's eyes.
Cael
Level 5

Postby MuttonchopMac » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Inyri lets out a deep sigh as Tatooine is left behind, fatigue from the sun, string of firefights, and being pursued by TIE Fighters setting in. Despite this, she remains tense, uncomfortable in a ship full of unknowns, including the beings she is now stuck with.

"I'm going to go see the if this ship holds any other surprises," she mutters, hanging her rifle over her shoulder as she leaves the cockpit. Part of her wants to be sure the ship is safe, part of her wants to scour it for any valuables to sell beyond the skins, and still another part just wants time to think and contemplate the future.

Do you want a Perception check, and if so, what difficulty is in order?
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 am

MuttonchopMac wrote:"I'm going to go see the if this ship holds any other surprises," she mutters, hanging her rifle over her shoulder as she leaves the cockpit. Part of her wants to be sure the ship is safe, part of her wants to scour it for any valuables to sell beyond the skins, and still another part just wants time to think and contemplate the future.

In the #2 cargo hold:
There are some broken droid parts and various empty crates in this hold, as well as a set of oily and poorly maintained tools. Trex used this area as an ad hoc workshop. If a PC examines the droid components and passes a ImageImageImage Mechanics check, he is able to tell that a skilled mechanic could construct an operational astromech unit from the available parts, though it would be an arduous process. While the time, expertise, and equipment needed are not readily available to the PCs at the moment, this could form a future project, or the parts could be sold.

Among the tools are a medpac, a general purpose scanner, a set of electrobinoculars, a respirator fit for
a Trandoshan, two glow rods, and a tool kit.

In the galley:
Hunks of raw meat have been stored and prepared here. Enough remains for two decent meals if the PCs feel like an exclusively carnivorous diet. There are also six ration packs in one of the drawers, suitable for nearly any organic being.

In the crew quarters:
This area has been kept surprisingly tidy, though it does smell strongly of reptile. The shower and refresher are clean and operational. The three beds are practical, if a little uncomfortable. The wampa skin rug on the floor is in fine condition and could fetch credits from the right buyer. There is a glow rod and two power pack reloads for a heavy blaster pistol stashed under one of the beds, along with 6,000 credits in Hutt coinage (1,000 credits per character, if evenly split).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Previous

Return to In Context