Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Trial By Fire - Escape From Mos Shuuta (IC)

Postby MuttonchopMac » Wed May 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Inyri shakes her head. "I got nothing... Maybe something is living in the vents."
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby Cael » Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 am

Gand adjusts the audio inputs on Gand's helmet, trying in vain to drown out the deafening klaxons. Gand examines the icons, failing to understand what they represent. Always cautious, Gand searches the computer system for a translation into Basic.

Find Basic translation: 2eA+1eS+1eC 1 success, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImage
Cael
Level 5

Postby Cael » Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

"Gand believes that the smell is coming from some skins in the cargo bay," Gand yells over Gand's shoulder. "Gand suggests finding them and putting them out of the airlock."

With a heavy breath of ammonia, Gand presses the crescent moon icon and braces for the worst.
Cael
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 30, 2015 7:46 am

The translated text reads: “Transponder operational. Receiving signal: Teemo, Mos Shuuta, Tatooine. Emitting coded response.” A series of numbers then follows, to the effect that the response signal is being updated and emitted every five seconds.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Cael » Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 am

"Garr!" Gand yells. "It appears that there is a transponder broadcasting our position to Teemo. Can you find it and disable it?"
Cael
Level 5

Postby Cael » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:07 am

Gand moves onto the next pressing issue, and attempts to shut down whatever is causing that noise. Gand punches several commands into the ship's computer, but to no avail. Whatever is making the noise is obviously something Trex wanted hard to shut down.

Computer roll: 2eA+1eC+1eS 2 failures, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Cael
Level 5

Postby MuttonchopMac » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Inyri swears and leaves the cargo hold, running to the cockpit... The stench can wait, in light of new developments.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby ennervance » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 am

Garr steps into the cockpit, forehead already dirty with engine grime. "First things first, we need to kill that noise."

computer check to disable music: 1eC+1eD+1eS+2eP+1eA 2 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ouch. Taking the two advantage to give myself a boost on my next check.

"Damn. Must be his in-flight music. I'll have to kill the speakers one at a time, but we need to shut off that beacon before anything else."

locate transponder: 1eC+2eD+1eS+2eP+1eA+1eB 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hope that triumph helps negate that despair. Are the threats going to strain, then?
ennervance
Level 4

Postby ennervance » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 pm

"Worse news, the transponder is external. They've really got us by the shebs this time."

Muttering under his breath - indistinct under the blare of the sirens - he pries open an access plate at the rear of the cockpit. Stripping the synthweave coating from two wires, he carefully touches the bare metal together.

Mechanics check to disable klaxons.: 2eC+1eS+2eP+1eA+2eB 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The speakers sounding the alarm drop to half volume, and fade away as he cuts the wires and splices them to the opposite pairs. "Everyone be careful using the refresher. I had to route the signal somewhere so it's going to the sanisteam temperature regulator."
ennervance
Level 4

Postby MuttonchopMac » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Inyri pauses in the corridor, lost in thought for a moment, then doubles back to the cargo hold. "Smuggler's holds..." she mutters, having totally forgotten with all the racket.

"Hey, doc, look for seams in the floor. A lot of smuggler vessels reroute components to make space below the deck for storage..."

Claiming a boost from Uqoza.

Searching for the Wookiee skins: 2eD+1eA+2eP+2eB 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Not sure what the Triumph means, unless there's a way to disable the signal to Teemo from the cargo area or some nice, valuable loot stored with the skins, which we can pawn.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:46 pm

You find six Wookiee pelts within a smuggling compartment concealed underneath the holochess table. They have only been partially cured and give off a strong nauseating stench.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:51 pm

"Wookie pelts? Those can fetch us a nice sum on certain planets" A shame they haven't been cured completely.”
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby MuttonchopMac » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:02 pm

"Let's let them cure somewhere airtight," Inyri suggests, eyes watering, "like an escape pod."

She calls towards the cockpit, "Got our smell, captain... We'll do what we can, but in the meantime, I vote we go dirtside someplace that doesn't ask a lot of questions, has work for the enterprising, and lacks both Hutts and Imperials."

We kinda burned a lot of bridges in Mos Schuuta, she thinks.
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

Postby Cael » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:43 pm

"Only one button left," Gand says. Gand presses the cage icon, bracing for the worst.
Cael
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:11 am

It displays a note in various languages, including Rodian, Trandoshan, Gand, and others. A version in basic is provided, so there is no need to translate the text: “ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Captive militant B’URA B’AN still on board. RECOMMENDED RESPONSE: Return to Mos Shuuta and collect bounty immediately. LAST FED: 6 hours ago. LAST REFRESHED: 8 hours ago.”
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 am

Argon walks towards Inyri. "Here let me take those skins I'll put them in the escape pod like he suggests."
if Inyri give Argon the Pelts he goes and locks them in an escape pod

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:02 am

It doesn't take you long at all to discover that the Krayt Fang doesn't have any escape pods. It's the freighter version of the YT-1300. So you either have to endure the stench, or find some way to eject them from the ship.

Please review the deck plan map that I posted several weeks ago. Sorry, as far as the pelts go, you can't "have your cake and eat it too". (Keep the pelts and not suffer for do so.)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 am

"There arn't any escape pods on this Nerf hearders' waste bucket of a ship! Shall I toss them out of an airlock?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Yepesnopes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:45 pm

"What? There is a captive something or someone?"

Uqoza goes looking for his medpack and searches around the ship for any signs of a life form.
Yepesnopes
Level 2

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:22 am

The #3 hold houses some of the equipment used by bounty hunters for the restraint and transportation of captives. Several sets of binders hang from the walls, and there are six small cylindrical cell units mounted on tracks for ease of transport. Five of these units are empty, though one contains the crouched and cramped form of a male Twi’lek. The captive appears old and frail, with pale blue skin and a single long, thin lekku coiling from the right side of his head. Where the left lekku would be is an ugly cauterized stump. At the sound of your approach he raises his head in alarm, but his expression becomes one of curiosity when he sees who you are.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Yepesnopes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:37 am

Uqoza greets the prisoner.

"Hi, I will release you from your cell, don't do anything foolish, right? We are no friends of the trandoshan, I guess you are neither. My name is Uqoza, I am a doctor, let me examine your vital signs, and then we will have time to talk, you and my friends".

Uqoza looks around for a console to open the jail.
Yepesnopes
Level 2

Postby Cael » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:50 pm

"What is going on back there, Uqoza? Does Gand need to make any adjustments to the life support settings for the benefit of the Twi'lek?"
Cael
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 am

Yepesnopes wrote:Uqoza greets the prisoner.

"Hi, I will release you from your cell, don't do anything foolish, right? We are no friends of the trandoshan, I guess you are neither. My name is Uqoza, I am a doctor, let me examine your vital signs, and then we will have time to talk, you and my friends".

Uqoza looks around for a console to open the jail.

Uqoza has no trouble finding the control (mounted on the outside of each the holding cells) for opening the small cylindrical unit mounted on tracks within the number three cargo hold. (There are five more units, asides from the one the Twi-lek is in, but the others are empty of prisoners.)

B’ura B’an is happy to see Uqoza. The first thing that he does when released from his coffin-like enclosure is stretch his legs. He then asks to use the ship’s refresher, before the doctor begins to fuss over him.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 am

"It's a bit loud in the fresher, but you're welcome to it." Fabrizzo commented shortly after entering the third hold. He quickly replaces the dampened cloth over his mouth and nose – a desperate attempt to filter out the worst of the smell. Still unsure of his feet after the heavy stunning, Fabrizzo used the walls for support and waited for the prisoner to finish his personal buisness before continuing.

"Uqoza here's a good doctor, he'll have you back to full strength in no time. If you don't mind me asking, how long did Trex have you locked up in there?"
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby MuttonchopMac » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Inyri makes her way to the cockpit without saying anything to the Twi'lek, but keeps her rifle handy out of distrust. She plops down in a chair next to the Gand.

"Well, captain, everyone seems to be doing alright, apart from the smell. Any ideas as to a heading?"
MuttonchopMac
Level 2

PreviousNext

Return to In Context