Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Big Bantha

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

The Big Bantha

Postby swrider » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:48 am

A loud voice sounds over the intercom on the G9 Rigger light freighter you've boarded just moments after leaving orbit. "We have the package and will deliver to storage." A crackling noise like that of a radio follows momentarily before a second voice sounds over the intercom. "Confirmed package has been retrieved. Deliver package to storage, but return label to sender." "Acknowledged!". A few moments pass and Togrutan female emerges from the front of the ship.

She speaks to you, her voice sounding different from the others. "Welcome to the Big Bantha. We are going to drop you off at a shadowport a few hours from here for restaging. Command has requested that we take your leader to them. I don't know what you lot have been up to, but it's not every day we take someone to central."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Re: The Big Bantha

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Tasha looks like she's about to speak up, but then seems to clamp down on whatever impulse was driving her. Before she can change her mind, Rico asks, "And the rest of my team?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 pm

"Your team will be taken to a safe location for a little rest and relaxation while you are away. There is a nice bar and hotel on Onderon which should do nicely, but we will take you to a location of your choice if you prefer."

Moving toward Rico she holds out a datapad. "A set of orders has come through for your team and can be accessed through this datapad. Simply enter your access code."

Spoiler:
To: Iceberg
Subject: Transfer
Date: : 1932040C001 (193 day at 20:40 hours Coruscant Time 1ABY)
AUTHENTICATION: INT-BIGSHOT-CELL GROUP Code.
    As a result of the busted vac suit (blown cover) sustained during the recent activities involving Operation Backstory. Iceberg is hereby reassigned to the command of operative MassShadow of the Passive Operations Section, Operations Division, Alliance Intelligence — effective immediately.

Airen Cracken, General
    Intelligence Chief
    Alliance Intelligence

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:18 am

Rico replies, taking the datapad, "Onderon is an Imperial-occupied jungle, with only a few million people, most of whom live in the capital, and it has so little tourist traffic that visitors stand out. Nar Shaddaa is a far better place to go. Lots of traffic, so a ship can land and not attract much attention, if any. Almost a hundred billion sentients makes it easy to blend in. And the near lack of law enforcement, or laws, plus the Hutt's criminal endeavors makes it an ideal place for us to acquire some hard to find items."

Rob nods his head in silent, and enthusiastic, agreement. Tasha merely smiles, while Rath keeps a sabacc face.

Spoiler:
Knowledge check: 5eA+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 pm

The co-pilot smiles at Rico's response. "If that is your desire. Is there a particular port or location you would like us to drop you off at. You will probably be in town for a few days before we are back."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Rico looks to Rob, who shrugs before answering, "Never been there. Just put us down someplace quiet and out of the way, but not too far from transport. Someplace in a business district, not an industrial zone."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 pm

"I'll Inform the captain and begin plotting course. There are some rations in the galley and the refresher is over there. The cockpit is off limits but if you need anything just hit the intercom on the panel over here. Any concerns you can address them to myself, Vrei Shen-jon."

Vrei gives the group instructions pointing out the various features of the small ship and finishes her introduction before departing back towards the **** pit. After fifteen or so minutes the intercom clicks and she announces that the journey will take about 18 hours.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 pm

The hours seem to drag by as boredom creeps over the team. The last few hours prior to boarding had been sheer adrenaline, and the weeks before full of tension. Now, the seemingly endless hum of the engines and the otherwise quite atmosphere left them drifting in their own thoughts. After what seemed like an eternity Vrei returned to the back of the craft. "We will be exiting hyperspace momentarily and plan on setting you down on the outskirts of the commercial sector. There is a small pub in the area, The Ranting Toydarian, run by a Twilek named Sol. He should be able to point you in the direction of whatever you are looking for. That is for a small fee. Speaking of which, do you have any credits left over from your mission or do you need some funds to get through the next few days?" Just as she finishes speaking the ship shudders as it exits hyperspace, and you can feel the ship bank and change course on its sub-light flight.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 am

"We have all of the credits we were provided for that mission," Rico replies. Tasha frowns at her leader's honesty, but before the opinionated young woman can speak out Rob interjects, "But it wouldn't hurt to have more. Nar Shaddaa can be an expensive place, and there are some hard-to-find items that the Empire isn't keen on decent folk like us having that I'd like to try to get. Plus, my friend here," he ruffles the fur on his tusk cat companion, "hasn't had a decent meal in longer than I care to think about." Tasha adds, "Yes, please. I don't like the way she's been eyeing me and licking her muzzle lately."

Spoiler:
Rob's persuasion...
Charm check: 2eA+1eB 4 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
Wow, I think that Orokos is trying to compensate for screwing me over in FoF. Of course this isn't the same game.

Tasha's ******** story about Rob's kitty...
Deception check: 2eP+1eA+1eB 2 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:47 pm

"The meeting is going to be at sector headquarters; your leader will be able to request most equipment you will need from the quartermaster there. If you would like to provide him with a list that may prove useful. We have been instructed to provide each of you with 300 credits if needed, to cover lodging and food. I would not go spending a lot of money and drawing attention to yourselves." She hands out a cred stick to each of the team members before turning back to Rico. "We should get moving shortly, please come to the cockpit when you are ready to leave."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Rico hands Rath (the only member of the group he feels he can trust with it) a credstick with his share of the mission funds (1250 credits), and loads onto the doctor's datapad a list of rare/restricted items to look for. He then tells Rath to keep an eye on the other two and make sure they stay out of trouble. That draws a snort from Rob and an eye-roll from Tasha. He then bids them goodbye and heads into the cockpit.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 pm

After knocking on the cockpit door Veri opens the door and gestures for Rico to enter. Pointing towards a Sullustan sitting at the control panel, "This is captain  Dre Ka`Taramas." The captain stands up to greet Rico. "I'm sure Veri has already welcomed you to The Big Bantha so I will forgo such pleasantries. We have been ordered to take you to sector command. The trip will take about twelve hours. Once we arrive we will show you to the briefing room and can make the necessary introductions. I thought you might be more comfortable up here during the trip but if you wish privacy you may return to the back."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 am

"Thank you, Captain. I do prefer the view from here than that of the rear area. If I need 'comfort' I can avail myself of one of the bunks for a few hours," Rico replies.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:52 pm

"Veri, begin calculating the hyperspace jump while I get us out of here." The Captain said before turning on the communication system and contacting the shipyard's control station. After a few minutes of chatter the captain begins to power up the Big Bantha and the ship lifts into the air. The sun-side begins to fade from view, its lights creating a beautiful mosaic pattern against the darker portions of the planet which is approaching nightfall. "The jump is plotted and has been sent to your station." The captain nods his head in response to Veri's notification, making the final adjustments to the ship's position before initiating the jump. The field of stars begins to flash towards the cockpit window eventually leaving just a field of swirling lights.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:34 pm

The group is gathered together as the Big Bantha exits hyperspace. A large solar system which Rico recalls as being located on the edge of Hutt Space lies before them. The exact name of the system or the planet they are now hovering over eludes him. The captain once again opens the radio channels and begins requesting clearance. Whereas Rico expected a military voice to come over the radio requesting clearance he is surprised to hear a civilian voice granting permission to proceed to the commercial shipyards. "If anyone asks you we are here on business. Do not mention anything about the Alliance until we are within Sector Command," Veri says to Rico before they land.

Exiting the space craft, Rico is able to observe a small spaceport with various ships loading what appears to be commercial supplies. A few more shady-looking crews are seen to load suspicious cargo while port security go out of their way to avoid their eyes. Veri and the captain lead Rico through the city streets to a large building in a warehouse district with a sign identifying it as the headquarters of "Landspeeder Liquidators". The interior of the building contains a large showing of dilapidated land speeders of various types with a few sales people and customers mingling. Veri heads toward a back door which she opens by typing a code into a nearby console.

Inside, a small group of offices show several droids and a few humanoids filing out various types of forms and chatting. No one seems to pay the new arrivals any mind. As they progress towards the back wall one of the employees stops Veri inquiring about Rico. A few moments later that individual pulls a device from their pocket and lowers a force field masked by a holographic projection along the back wall. An elevator door opens which takes the group down several stories to a large underground bunker. Many individuals are seen moving boxes clearly marked as ammunition, torpedoes, armor, and other military equipment.

"They will be waiting for us in the conference room over here."

You pass through another door into a small conference room. A female Kubaz wearing an Alliance army uniform and the rank of lieutenant and a female human with the rank of colonel in Alliance Intelligence are sitting around a table with a holographic projection of an Ithorian wearing the rank of lieutenant commander and an Alliance navy uniform.

"Here he comes now," The female colonel says before turning towards Rico. "Welcome. I am Colonel Ashley Taske your new commander.

This is Lieutenant Sunfell,"

she says, pointing to the Kubaz, "who will be your primary point of contact, and this is Lieutenant Commander Lyman Martano.
"Congratulations on your recent success."
"Yes, congratulations to you and your group. I wish we could celebrate longer, but we have just received important intelligence about the location of a lightly guarded Imperial Intelligence base," The lieutenant commander says as the lieutenant rises from the table and hands Rico a data pad. "That datapad contains authorization for your group to act on this intelligence along with what we have received."

Spoiler:
To: Iceberg
Subject: Operation Quack
Date: 19518:30C001 (195 day at 18:30 hours Coruscant Time 1BBY)
AUTHENTICATION: INT-(PASSOP)- MASSSHADOW-ICBRG.
    Iceberg is assigned operational control of Operation Quack. Operation Quack is priority 5 and all Alliance personnel shall provide aid, equipment, and personnel accordingly as requisitioned for the operation.

Lyman Martano, Lt. Commander
    Passive Operations
Intelligence:
  • DATE AND TIME: 18710:30C001
  • UNIT MAKING REPORT: Image
  • ENEMY SIZE: APPROXIMATELY 30
  • ACTIVITY: TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS

• REGION: DEEP CORE
    • SYSTEM: KAMPE SYSTEM
    • GRID COORDINATES: L-11
    • CLASS: TERRESTRIAL
    • PRIMARY TERRAIN: DESERT
    • NATIVE SPECIES: UNINHABITED
    • the base is located in the YT1300-shaped canyon in the northwest sector of the satellite image.
  • UNIT ENEMY: IMPERIAL INTELLIGENCE - TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
  • TIME: 18710:30C001
  • EQUIPMENT: UNKNOWN
  • SENDERS ASSESSMENT: A FIELD TEAM SHOULD BE SENT TO ASSESS THIS TARGET AND IF POSSIBLE ACQUIRE TECHNOLOGIES, EQUIPMENT, AND INTELLIGENCE AVAILABLE AT FACILITY. DISABLING OF BASE A SECONDARY PRIORITY.
  • NARRATIVE: on day 187 at 06:00 base security systems announced the presence of an unauthorized droid in the complex. Security personnel initiated a sweep of the base and located an unauthorized 3PO droid within the complex. After disabling the droid it was interrogated. A small Dedicated Energy Port covered by a translucent membrane was attached to the droid’s head and sent to Equipment for analysis. Interrogation of the droid and subsequent analysis indicated that the droid is a prototype used by Imperial Intelligence's technology division and is being developed by a Dr. Tobias. The droid was programmed to send an encrypted message to the doctor’s base of operations. A basic overview of the base was obtained from the droid’s memory and is detailed above.
  • AUTHENTICATION: INT(INT-EQP)-ORACLE-MASSSHADOW.

After allowing Rico a few minutes to review the information Colonel Taske approaches Rico and opens a small ornate box. Inside are the insignia for the rank of Lieutenant in Alliance Intelligence. She removes the Insignia and orders the room to attention before pinning the rank onto Rico. "Congratulations again Lieutenant. Now how do you think we can best make use of this intelligence?"

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 am

"Thank you, Sir. Before I answer your question, Colonel, I have several questions regarding this intelligence report. The first one concerns the base's defenses. The report mentions 30 enemy personnel. It does not break down that number into how many are research staff and how many are security forces. The report also fails to mention fixed defenses. Are there any gun emplacements? Are there any walkers or other armored vehicles on patrol? Do the troopers have speeders? Do they have aerial support on call?

"My second question concerns insertion and extraction. How is that being done? What is the Imperial Navy presence in the system?

"My third question concerns the protocol droid. Were we able to determine what information the droid was seeking? I'll assume that the base the droid was found in has already been evacuated, as there is a very high probability that its location has been compromised. Do we have any reports of an Imperial attack on that base, and the strength and composition of such an attack?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:19 am

"The count of personnel were extracted from the droid's memory. All of the personnel appear to be Imperial Intelligence. We are unsure of the exact number of researchers versus security officials, but we do believe there are three different programs ongoing at the base. The droid only had information on the program that developed it. A single image of a DF-11 anti-infantry battery was extracted from the droid's memory, as well as an image of one of our newer BTL A-4 Y-wing fighters. It was made clear this is is a small base with no walkers or armored vehicles, but we are unsure about speeders. I will leave the details of the fleet to Lt. Commander Martano."

"Your insertion and extraction will be handled by the Big Bantha. The facility is located in the Deep Core, which is heavily patrolled by security forces, however it is in a remote sector. The Bantha is unknown to Imperial Intelligence and will drop you off under the guise of transporting cargo to the Core worlds. Fleet activity reports show normal activity in the area with no interaction with the intelligence base. It is our belief that the base has no contact with the fleet and limited contact with other branches."

"Our base has been evacuated. There have not been reports of an attack at this point but we are monitoring closely. The droid's programming identified its mission as being a test of its covert abilities. It was to observe and report, but was not after specific information. After a week it was to attempt exfiltration."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 am

"Thank you, Colonel, Commander. One last question, Colonel: Is our exfiltration to be at a prearranged location and time, or are we authorized for a hot extraction should it prove necessary?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:10 am

"The Bantha will stay with you on planet if a hidden location can be found. You will be able to radio in for emergency assistance, but resources are limited in that area."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Rico glances at Vrei and Dre and nods, "Excellent. While maintaining the cover of the Bantha is important, it's easier to replace a ship than it is replacing good operatives. Calling for help won't be something that I shall do willingly or lightly."

He then looks at Colonel Taske, "Ma'am, my team can get the recon done, no problem. And unless there are some serious surprises waiting for us, we should be able to infiltrate the facility, gather sufficient intel, and exfil. We'll need some additional equipment, but nothing extravagant and mostly gear that the quartermaster of this base should be able to supply. Except, perhaps, thermal detonators. One can never have enough of those." Lacking a sense of humor, he says that deadpan.

"How much time do I have for requisitioning and gathering supplies before we depart?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:55 pm

"You need to depart within the next 48 hours. The quartermaster should be able to assist you with the needed materials. Veri will make the necessary introduction. See me before you depart for any updated intelligence. You are dismissed."

Veri leads the way out of the briefing room back into the main facility. Spotting a female Neimoidian instructing several workers she moves towards the individual. "Carga this is Lieutenant Solari. Lieutenant Solari this is Carga Ran-shok the base quartermaster.
Rico's cell has been assigned to passive ops and are in need of some equipment. Can you help them out Carga?"

"Let me see your orders." A few moments pass as Carga reviews the orders and priority level. "It seems you've been assigned an important mission, Lieutenant. What do you need?"

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Rico pulls out his datapad, fiddles with it for a few seconds, and then hands it to Carga, "This is a list of equipment we could use, including quantities of each item," he says in a somewhat chill tone, which may seem odd to Vrei, given her experience of Rico until now. He maintains a sabacc face, but he's having a tough time overcoming his intense dislike of Neimoidians. His memories of the Clone Wars hasn't dulled over the past twenty years, and the duplicity of Neimodians in trade affairs and their contribution to the Separatists left an indelible mark, on both him and the galaxy. Judging an individual by the acts of others is, of course, wrong, but Mandalorians aren't noted for being an understanding people, and bigotry is far from uncommon.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 pm

"I have most of these items available. Though we do not have any data purge grenades, astromechs or repair droids available. Hum... I recall a vender on the surface trying to sell an old repair droid for cheap; I will see if it is still available. Spare parts for modifications do not come in frequently as they are often utilized by the units which acquire them. I do have parts for one weapons modification, but no one here capable of performing the upgrade. When do you need the supplies and where should we deliver them?"
Last edited by swrider on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:22 am

"Deliver the supplies to the Bantha. As for parts, they should be obtainable topside. Please detail someone to gather a substantial quantity, as I need enough parts for at least fifteen modifications, and preferably twice that. I'll be performing the upgrades myself. I'm a skilled droid engineer and I've a great deal of experience working as a weapons and armor tech. If you get me all of the parts I need, I can also do modifications for whomever needs it while I'm here."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 am

"Thank you for your generous offer, but all of my personnel are busy assisting with the disbanding of a compromised facility and the establishment of another. I simply do not have time or personnel to go to the surface for minor errands." The Neimoidian says before abruptly turning to march off towards a group of workers arranging materials. You can overhear him yelling something about proper organization and learning to read.

swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to In Context