Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Big Bantha

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: The Big Bantha

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Rico gets on his communicator instructing his cell to look around for the armor attachments he was unable to acquire at sector headquarters. Two hours pass as the team searches, but they are unable to locate any vendors with the necessary equipment. As they radio in for further instructions Rico recalls them to the ship, not wishing to wait any longer than necessary. Vrei borrows the pilot's astromech to assist in the hyperspace calculations. Deciding to utilize the Sisar Run to get them into the galactic core and simplify the calculations. The move allowed them to come out of hyperspace just out of planetary sensor range and masked behind a moon, but it also cost them nearly a day and a half extra in hyperspace.

Spoiler:
Astromech + Veri: 2eP+1eA+3eB+4eD 3 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+1.4 days to travel time
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:45 pm

After exiting hyper space Vrei returns to the main bay. "The captain recommends we come up from behind the planet and fly inside the atmosphere until we are outside extreme senor range to avoid detection. That will leave nearly a day's march on foot but it will guarantee we are not seen by any sensors. We could push it a little further but that might alert the base of visitors."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

"Go with the Captain's plan. If I was averse to walking I'd've requisitioned speeders."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Vrei returns to the cockpit and the pilots begin to ready their weapons and put on their armor. The ship begins to accelerate, making a few banking moves before settling into a course. After about a half an hour you can feel the ship push through the atmosphere of the planet with the new source of gravity playing tricks on your senses momentarily. The noise quiets as the ship descends to just above ground level. "Hold on tight, this is going to get bumpy." The captain's voice announces over the intercom. For several hours you feel the ship sway back and forth patterning what must be the contours of the ground. Eventually the craft slows and begins a hover before descending gradually. As the docking ramp lowers you find yourselves nestled into a large group of boulders which almost entirely obscure the Bantha. The last light of day is fading from the sky as the planet's sun disappears over the horizon. Light originating from stars and the planet's moon shine brightly through a clear sky as the night arrives. You can feel the desert heat begin to fade from the air while still radiating up from the rocks at your feat. Vrei returns to the back and opens a personal locker extracting a set of armor, rife, pistol and a backpack which she begins to don.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 am

"You're coming along?" Rico asks Vrei, looking and sounding a bit puzzled as to why the Bantha's co-pilot is getting kitted up.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:00 pm

"You didn't think I was going to let you have all the fun did you? Besides the captain is going to stay with the ship and there is nothing for me to do here."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:18 pm

"You know I could order you to stay. But I won't. You've been very helpful, and if you're crazy enough to consider spending a day in the desert with us, and want to risk your life facing Imperials without a starship wrapped around you, you're welcome. Just remember that on this rock, I give the orders, and if you get yourself killed I'll have to explain to the Colonel why. That's not a conversation I want to have."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Vrei snaps to attention and holds her rifle out in front of her parallel to her body forming the customary salute when a soldier is holding a rife. "Yes Sir!"

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:09 pm

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that you don't salute in the field? Gets people like me killed. If you want me dead that much, have the courage to pull the trigger yourself. Put that thing away and find something useful to do. Truly useful. Trying to be a wise-assed pain in my rear isn't useful, no matter what you may think." That elicits snickers from Tasha, Rob, and even Rath. Rath comments, "Speaking as an expert on anatomy, she's not equipped to be a pain in your ***, Sergeant ... er, excuse me, Lieutenant." "Not unless she rams that weapon up your ***. Sir," adds Rob. Tasha, for inscrutable reasons, doesn't pile on. She's content to just keep snickering.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Vrei returns her attentions to the compartments in the Bantha, opening another and pulling out several large packs of water designed to attach to backpack and begins handing them out. A slight snicker can be seen on her face if you look closely.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:46 pm

The group strikes off into the desert utilizing the cover of night to help obscure their movements should anyone be watching. They skillfully make their way towards their target, not deviating from their course. After six hours, they hear the sounds of a starfighter approaching and they all take cover. As it passes overhead it is clearly recognizable as a B-wing. The fighter continues onward showing no indication that it noticed the group. A second sound breaks the silence of the night: that of a missile being fired from the starfighter. One of the pilots recognizes it as the sound of a proton torpedo shortly before the skyline is illuminated by the light of an explosion and the silence is obliterated. At extreme range from your current location you notice three figures silhouetted against the light of the explosion. Their outlines are clearly identifiable as being those of Imperials but it is impossible to make out any details from such a brief glimpse.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:59 am

Rico points out the Imperials to the team. He's seriously pissed that some hotshot Rebel pilot has just painted a huge "there is Rebel activity on this planet, come crush it" sign. Whether the mission is blown is arguable. At the very least the Imperial base must now be on alert, which will make the mission an order of magnitude more difficult to accomplish, and perhaps impossible. He sends an encrypted message to the Bantha warning Ka`Taramas to ready the ship for a possible hot extraction. He also tells the captain to be on the lookout for Imperial fighters or the arrival of Imperial naval vessels in response to the incursion and attack by the B-wing.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:05 am

Vrei approaches Rico taking care to stay low to the ground and concealed as much as possible from enemy detection. "We know they have at least one Alliance craft at that base. Is it possible that it was Imperials flying that craft."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 am

"I suppose it might be possible," Rico reluctantly replies, "but that begs the question of what the target of the missile strike was? Given that trio of Imperials between us and our objective, and engaging them risks the mission unnecessarily, we should deviate and investigate the strike zone."

Spoiler:
Knowledge check: 5eA+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
In actuality, it shouldn't be possible because the new canon states that A/B-wings do not operate in the same parts of the galaxy as X/Y-wings prior to Endor. But Rico doesn't know this. BTW, the Legends canon has B-wings as still in prototype at this time.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am

Deciding to investigate the blast site more closely, Rico orders his team to advance forward. The two pilots and the droids were ordered to stay behind as the group circled around. As you approach the blast site you can hear the sound of approaching voices. The three Imperials have moved from their observation point and are now approaching the same blast location. One of them stops momentarily and stares in your direction. Is that what I think it is? he says pointing in your direction. "That is just the light of the blast reflecting off some wild animals eyes. I'll scare them away." you hear another say. He lifts a pistol and fires several blaster bolts in your direction. The bolts illuminate the area, momentarily outlining your silhouettes. The other two Imperials immediately draw their weapons.

Spoiler:
init: 2eA 1 success, 3 advantage
ImageImage

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Rob is the first to react, bringing his rifle up to his shoulder, taking quick aim at the Imperial who fired, and firing back.

Spoiler:
aimed attack: 1eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 1 success + 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Damage: 10 + 1 = 11 - (soak -3 Pierce). That should kill at least one, and probably 2 of them.
(advantage is from a weapon mod)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:20 pm

The first Imperial falls to the ground, a slight glow of light emanating from where the weapons bolt struck momentarily. A second falls in quick succession.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Tasha, flicking the selector switch on her rifle to stun, fires at the remaining Imperial soldier.

Spoiler:
aimed attack: 2eP+2eB+1eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImage
Damage: 9 + 3 = 12 - (soak - Pierce 1).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:33 pm

The final Imperial solder collapses first onto his knees and then face forward into the ground lying motionless. As the group cautiously looks around they find no evidence of any other troops. The third trooper's radio was left undamaged and turned on, and a quick listen reveals only routine and brief communications which must have been originating from the base. From their new perspective, the group has a clear view of a relatively large dry lake bed. Several older Imperial and Republic military craft are strewn about the crater, showing massive amounts of damage. The newest vehicle, an antiquated walker left over from the Clone Wars, is still smoldering, indicating it was the target of the recent attack.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm

"Smart move, Tasha, leaving us a prisoner to interrogate," Rico comments.

"Wasn't my preferred choice, but needs must, right?" she replies.

"Indeed. Shall I wake him?" asks Rath.

"Let me get some cuffs on him first," says Rob, as he pulls out his set of stun cuffs and binds the unconscious Imperial's hands behind his back, none too gently.

"Proceed, Doc," orders Rico.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm

The groggy Imperial slowly comes back to consciousness. As the reality of his situation dawns on him he immediately stiffens and starts to struggle at his bonds.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Tasha begins the interrogation, "You're wasting your time. Even if you, somehow, managed to get out of those stun cuffs, you wouldn't get two paces before one of us dropped you. Again," she gestures with the rifle she used to bring him down. "Now I'd just as soon blow your brains out and rid the galaxy of one more Imperial thug, but my boss doesn't want me to do that." Tasha indicates Rico. "He seems to think that you'll take advantage of the opportunity to live through this." She shrugs, then continues, "Provided that you tell us a few things. Things that we'll find out anyway, without your help, but that will just take us a little longer. You don't want to inconvenience us, do you? Because that would be ... unfortunate for you. We'll reward usefulness. An obstruction, on the other hand, would force us to blast our way past it ... or him. You follow what I'm saying?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:59 pm

The prisoner looks at Tasha defiantly then turns towards Rico. "Are you going to let this tramp ramble all night or are you going to ask me a question?"

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:18 pm

"Pretty mouthy for someone a trigger-pull away from not breathing," comments Rob. "You saw what I did to your two companions." Playing the 'bad' cop.

"Now, now. I didn't go to all the trouble to spare his miserable hide just for you to poke holes in it. Besides, this one's mine." Interjects Tasha, playing the 'good' cop. Sorta.

"Let's start with what uniform you are wearing? It's not Imperial Army." Rico asks the prisoner.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 pm

"Private Asto. Imperial Intelligence Security Branch."

swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to In Context