Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Big Bantha

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: The Big Bantha

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:19 am

Rico turns to the Bantha's copilot, "Vrei, you seem acquainted with city above, at least somewhat?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:24 am

"Sure, I've been up there several times during my trips here. It helps to maintain the site's cover if they are able to interact with us on a basic level."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:28 am

"Excellent. We're heading topside. But first I have to get a credit chit. I handed mine to the rest of the team before you dropped them off."

Rico then heads off in search of Colonel Taske.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 am

Rico moves around the base for a while exploring his new surroundings. Finding what appears to be a command center he inquires of the guard if Colonel Taske is available. The guard steps inside and returns a few minutes later with the Colonel. "I was not expecting that you would be able to leave so quickly. We have not received any new intelligence."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:01 am

"I apologize for disturbing you, Colonel. I'm not ready to leave yet, Ma'am. Far from it, in fact. I came to see you because I've run into a small problem that I'm hoping you can resolve, Ma'am. Your quartermaster seems very efficient, and she has a sufficient quantity of most of the supplies I requested. But your stock of parts usable for the modification of weapons is greatly depleted, and Carga informs me that she is fully occupied with handling the transfer of materiel from the evac'd base and arranging to set up a new facility. She is unwilling to spare any personnel or time to send someone to the city above and acquire the components I seek, and I understand and appreciate the situation she is in. But that doesn't stop me from doing so myself, with your permission of course, Ma'am. In addition to being allowed to go on such a 'shopping' expedition, I'll need a few thousand credits to purchase the parts. Whatever parts I don't use will go into your inventory, and unused credits will be returned. Since I know nothing of the city above, I was planning to have Vrei be my guide, along with anyone else that you think I should bring along. Ma'am."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 am

"Lieutenant Sunfell will accompany you and can make purchases. I'll have her sent to you once our current situation is resolved. Now if you'll excuse me I must be getting back inside." The colonel replies with a slight tone of urgency in her voice.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:28 am

Rico will kill time until Lt. Sunfell shows up by vacuum-sealing his armor, and helping to haul supplies aboard the Bantha.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Shortly before leaving the base to assist with loading supplies Veri stops Rico and reminds him to remove his rank insignia. Several hours later Lieutenant Sunfell, now in civilian clothes typical for her species, meets up with Rico and Veri at the Bantha. "I heard you wish to go shopping. Might I suggest we begin at the Roughneck Junkyard. They have a large assortment of items at a much better price than you will find elsewhere. Assuming you are not opposed to second-hand equipment."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Rico smiles, "I'm a Rebel, Lieutenant. Second-hand equipment is a way of life. If I cared about having shiny new gear I never would have left my job working in Imperial R&D. Let's go."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:14 pm

"Up here it is Silara and don't mention our affiliation. We do not control the entire city. I'll show you to the junk yard."

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:58 am

An hour or so before your scheduled departure you are summoned once again to the briefing room. This time Colonol Taske, Lt. Sunfell, and the crew of the Big Bantha join you, along with the two pilots who loaned you their astromech droid for your equipment modifications. "Durian Chasta and Kriel Draykon were called in to assist with the identification of the fighter extracted from the droid's memory. It has been identified as one of Abel squadron's fighters shot down during an operation several months ago and presumed destroyed. Chasta and Draykon will be joining you on your operation with orders to recover or destroy any Alliance craft in the hands of the empire."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Rico replies, "This changes the mission profile. Not the pilots coming along. They're welcome. It's why they're coming. If there is the possibility that the Y-wing survived then there is also the possibility that its pilot also survived, and may be held prisoner. That makes this also a rescue mission, in addition to its other facets. The extra personnel also mandate that we bring along additional medical supplies. One box of stims should suffice."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Hearing Rico's questions Draykon begins to elbow Chasta in the side. Chasta, for his part, is turning several shades of red from embarrassment before speaking up. "I was the pilot of that particular craft. I ejected and was picked up by Draykon before we withdrew from the system."

"We do not believe there are any prisoners at the facility. Nevertheless, I will notify the doctor to provide you with a box of stims before you leave." The colonel continues.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:01 pm

"If there's nothing else, Ma'am, I'll be ready to depart once I've checked in with Carga. She was obtaining a repair droid for me."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 am

"May the force be with you. Dismissed."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:44 am

Rico leaves the briefing room and tracks down Carga.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:51 am

"There you are. I was just about to go hunt you down. I have that droid you inquired about. It is being sent up to the Bantha now," Carga says when she sees Rico

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:57 am

"Thank you. Best of luck setting up the new base," Rico replies, before heading towards the exit.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Rico see the crew of the Bantha and the two new pilots loading the last of the equipment as he arrives. The new droid sits dormant near the loading ramp waiting to be activated. "The ship will be ready in a few minutes and will depart on your order," The captain says, as he carries another crate into the ship.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 pm

"Thank you, Captain," Rico replies. He heads over to the new repair droid and taps its activation control.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm

The droid's eyes light up and it straightens its back before looking at Rico. "I am G2-3T, fifth degree labor droid. Do you need me to repair this antiquated heap?" The droid says pointing to the Bantha.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:08 pm

"Hello Jeetoo. I am Rico Solari, your new master. We need to clarify a few things. First, that vessel is the 'Big Bantha', and you will refer to it by that designation, and never again by 'antiquated heap', even though your assessment is accurate. Second, aren't you a repair droid, and thus second degree?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:14 pm

"I am in fact a repair droid and would be classified as a type two droid. However within repair droids I am a fifth degree, distinguished by my superior intellect and abilities."

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Rico is unimpressed with his new droid's arrogance, "Modest, also, aren't you? Please use your ... abilities and board the Bantha. We'll be leaving shortly." Now I know why Carga was able to pry him away from whomever was stuck with him. She knew what this droid was like.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:45 pm

The droid boards the Bantha and moves to the storage area along with the astromech belonging to the pilots and the cargo droid. After the final materials are loaded Rico gives the signal to the captain and the ship takes off. An hour or so later they make the jump to hyperspace on their way back to Nar Shaddaa. Rico uses this opportunity to avail himself of some much needed sleep, waking just an hour before the ship's arrival. Moving to the cockpit he observes the exit from hyperspace and chats before they land at the same location they dropped off the team a few days earlier.

swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to In Context