Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Battle

The Geonosian Colosseum: an arena for duels and fights

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 pm

The heat of battle boils inside Rend'or.
Blades flashing he blocks the Human attack, uses a small piece of metal to intercept the firts blast, but the second passes through his blades.

The return attack is somewhat weak.

Reaction to first attack: Block 1d20+20=32 sucess
Reaction to second attack: Intercept 1d20+20=35 sucess
Reaction to third attack: deflect 1d20+15=19 miss
Full round: Attack 1d20+24=30, 1d6+20=25, 2d6=9, Attack: 1d20+24=35, 1d6+20=23, 2d6=11 damage: 29 and 28 -2ct each

Hp 120 FP 8 Force powers spent:
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Reaction to blocked attack: Spend FP to regain Force Shield
Reaction to first attack: Use The Force - Primitive block: (1d20+20=38)
Reaction to second attack: Use the Force - Force Shield: (1d20+20=26)
- SR 15 - 14 hp lost


As the sith blocked his attack, Jethro began preparing for the next double sword slash. He was able to block the first sword, but had to throw up another Force Shield to soften the second. He then pulled out and flung another grenade in the direction of his enemy, but his concentration slips and the full force of the explosion misses his foe.

The droid fires again and still misses.

Move: Draw grenade
Standard: Use The Force - MLO: (1d20+20=25)
- Throw grenade to the northeast corner of I22
- Damage: (8d6+7=40) /2 = 20
Swift: Twin Blaster Burst: (1d20+17-2=24)
- Miss


Current Status:
- Jethro: hp 15/148; Threshold 27; FP 7; Force Powers used: Force Shield (2), Force Whirlwind (1), Rebuke
- DoidekaMkII: hp 38/80, -2 on the CT; Threshold 29; SR 15; FP 0
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm

As the blades left small lines on the human body, Rend'or felt the man weakning. Almost done.

So, as the grenade flew, he erected an energy shield and twisted the blades, doing an X cross across his oponents torso.


Reaction to picking grenade: Spend 1 FP to return Shield and Intercept
Reaction to attacK: Shield 1d20+20=34 SR20 no damage

Full round: 1d20+24=33, 1d6+20=23, 2d6=8, 1d20+24=39, 1d6+20=26, 2d6=5 Damage: 27 and 28

HP120 FP7 Force powers used: Shield
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Reaction to first attack: Use the Force - Primitive block: (1d20+20=25)
- fail
Spend FP not to die


Jethro tries to block the first blow and misses. "Stang" he thinks as the darkness of unconsciousness envelops him.

Do you want to call it good now, or would you rather reduce the droid to slag too?
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 am

Nah, I don't think it's necessary.


As he finishes the cut, Darth Rend'or stands a moment savouring his win, hands with the blade outstretched almost like one of those holovids pose.

He knew, from the start, it would be so. He was the strongest of them all, but he would become stronger still after he found the Holocron.

Finally the anger subsides and he looks at the human - Maybe he could turn him, make him his apprentice. The human had some qualities he might explore. Or at least, he could serve as a subject for his Alchemy tests.
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 am

Some afterthoughts:
I had some good fortune in this fight, with a 20 in a critical moment, making the force grip close in.
I'm really happy with the Dark Rage Force Power - it was crucial to keep the attacks hitting, and to give them an over the top quality.
I'm not happy with the performance of vornsks ferocity. It seemed better on paper, but when compared, in this build with Dark raged dual attack, it was always the worst choice. Maybe if I'd chosen two large lightsabers or sith warswords instead of the smaller blades - the d10 should feel better than the d6.

Force shield and repulse are a must. If we were to repeat this from the start I would change the force recovery talent for the one that grants DR10 for a minute, and especially, would spend all my credits. Tek Did that very smartly - grenades and the droideka were extremely smart.

"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

Teknon's Afterthoughts
This fight would have been closer had the dice not been in Protheuz' favor early on. (My Repulse roll on the initial Force grip being 2 short and then rolling a 1 on the Force point really sticks out) I ended up not being able to use my original attack methods (throwing the discblade and using Force Whirlwind) and by the time I could free myself from the Force grip and start using my tertiary attack method (the concussion grenades) I was below 1/2 hp. It's not uncommon for me to end up not being able to use my initial primary attack (i.e. the really boring Battle of Legends where there were like 10 pages of my character just taking 10 to extend Force Light, and absorbing any damage that he took) but not being able to act for 4 rounds really hurt me.

Buying the droid seemed like a good idea on paper, and it wasn't really a waste since I really didn't give up anything to be able to buy it, but it really didn't make that much difference in the battle. If I had had it's shields up before the first attack it might have made a bigger impact, but even then it's rolls were horrible most of the time.

I think for the next duel I will focus more on defense, and put more resources into Repulse and Force Shield
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:48 pm

So let's rematch? I'll start building a new threat!
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 am

Sounds good.

Do you want to do a different map?

Maybe one of these?
Image
Image
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 am

I like the one from DoD. The water is an added difficulty.
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

Sounds good.

My understanding is that the water is about waist deep, making it hard to drown in but also hard to move in (difficult terrain). It also allows a character to hide underneath it if properly equipped.

Does this work for you?
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

Also, for a bit of randomness, I rolled a random start time for the encounter:

Random Encounter Start Time: (05:59)

So . . . It's early morning in the Felucian swamps. The eastern sky is just beginning to lighten, and it's a balmy 20*C.

(If this works for you . . .) :)
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Fine by me Teknon!
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:35 pm

For story purposes, how should we work this?

My character is a bounty hunter, so he could be looking to collect a bounty on your character (Jedi or Sith or other) . . .
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:49 pm

It could work. I'm still in the process of finishing the character, so maybe only tomorrow I'll be able to post it. (crazy work week)
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm close on mine too, but won't be able to post it until Monday at the earliest.
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Ready to post my character when you are . . .
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Re: The Battle

Postby Protheuz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:46 am

Just a little more time please! I didn't have a lot of free time this week to finish it!
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
User avatar
Protheuz
Level 4
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Re: The Battle

Postby Teknon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:31 pm

I completely understand. Let me know when you're ready.
User avatar
Teknon
Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Pierce County, Washington

Previous

Return to The Petranaki Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

suspicion-preferred