Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun May 17, 2015 1:30 pm

While investigating the base that you've captured, you discover that...

• Whisper Base's armory contains a small but well-maintained stock of Imperial weaponry and equipment in locked crates. The PCs can open the door and each crate with a ImageImageImage Computers check or with a code cylinder from one of Sarev's adjutants.
  • The base contains a mess hall with a small, attached kitchen. In addition to boxes of rations and plenty of clean water, it contains an emergency medical supply kit, which has four stimpacks in it.
  • There are numerous cameras placed throughout the base (one per room), which feed into the control center, as well as cameras that watch the jungle outside of the base, and the internal comm net routes through the control center.
  • The launch pad is large enough to accommodate two shuttles or six starfighters.
The players still haven't dealt with freeing BX-2R, or opening the crate in the garage.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Sun May 17, 2015 1:59 pm

It seems reasonable to have collected all of the code cylanders from the Imperials before shipping them off, so we can unlock all the doors/crates/vehicles that we can, at the very least by educated trial and error. (start with the one that worked last time or highest level commander, relivent NCO, etc) Assuming that doesn't work on the crate in the garage, that really falls to V'jax or Oran to work on until they succeed (single roll to see how long it takes, I'd presume).

BX-2R, as I noted, I'd be worth first informing him that we've now own the base. Depending the the specific programing of the bolt/orders, that at least might end any conflict of orders he's under. We (and BX-187 will if nobody else does first) can ask 2R if he knows where a bolt remover is. If he doesn't, the the same kind of thing where V'jax or Oran would need to work on it until they succeed.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Dr Lucky » Mon May 18, 2015 1:55 am

V'Jax is willing to work as long as it takes to crack the crate (unless we come under attack or something). Just let me know what the roll looks like.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby Baron Fel » Mon May 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Caiden isn't on planet to help yet, right?
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am

Baron Fel wrote:Caiden isn't on planet to help yet, right?

It takes 4 days (2 days travel each way to a Rebel rendezvous) from the capture of the base for Caiden to arrive. By the time that he does so, all PCs will have recovered from all of their wounds.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Quicksilver wrote:It seems reasonable to have collected all of the code cylinders from the Imperials before shipping them off

The armory contains:

• 3 suits of stormtrooper armor
  • 3 E-11 blaster rifles
  • 3 frag grenades
  • 6 vibroknives
Quicksilver wrote:BX-2R, as I noted, I'd be worth first informing him that we've now own the base. Depending the the specific programing of the bolt/orders, that at least might end any conflict of orders he's under. We (and BX-187 will if nobody else does first) can ask 2R if he knows where a bolt remover is. If he doesn't, the the same kind of thing where V'jax or Oran would need to work on it until they succeed.

Capturing the base has no effect on the bolt's hold over the droid. 2R (sarcastically) asks you why you don't get the Imperial tech who installed the bolt to remove it? He then makes some comment about the definition of insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome. He (smugly) suggests that you may find said person in the control room.

Presumably you do this before you ship off the prisoners. I hope.

Once the bolt is removed, out of gratitude (and after several more snide comments regarding the intelligence capacity of organics), BX-2R opens the crate in the garage. It contains:

• 4 stimpacks
  • 10 Imperial ration packs
  • 10 canteens of water
  • 6 Imperial dress uniforms
  • a 30-meter spool of thick steel wire

I need to know if you ship any of the captured gear back to the Alliance (including items that you stripped off of the Imps), in addition to the prisoners, and if so what and how much? You're not obligated to do so, but "surplus" equipment is always welcome.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue May 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Well, clothing provides an interesting question - how many of us fit in Stormtrooper armor, and/or one of the officer uniforms.

BX can use Stormtrooper Armor (they were designed to fit in clone trooper armor, which is the same size), I assume Dewey & Oran can't. V'jax probably could - he's the right height. Telle's probably too short. Caden might, but it'd also depend on if we knew a near-human pilot was on their way.

On the other side, the uniforms are only useful for humans, so keeping 2 would be good, assuming they fit the humans in question. Telle in particular might benefit from having one to use as a disguise for later infiltrations. Oran might pass as an indentured Alien, so a uniform that fits him wouldn't hurt either.

The rest of the rifles and vibroknives I don't see any need to hang on to. the rest we might as well as long as we're here - we might need them for our own expeditions and such.

On a related note, did any of the speederbikes and/or AT-STs survive in operable condition?
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 2:05 pm

A half-dozen speeder bikes and one of the walkers can be put in operable condition -- after you cannibalize the others for replacement parts.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby What » Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm for hanging on to as much as possible.
There's no point hanging on to a base if we're not going to staff it, right? At which point being able to disguise our new recruits as Imperials could be very handy - or not, but we'll have the option!

It may not help us directly, but in the future that's nine bodies we can expect to smuggle in to Imperial controlled areas beyond whatever we as a party do.

Worst case scenario, Orun can take the suits of stormtrooper armor and use them as shells for droids. Maybe with a clone wars era droid control unit installed at the base, we could even conduct minor operations without any of us physically being there at all. Hmmmm...

-

In the mean time Orun will start cannibalizing those bikes and the second walker to get us as operational as possible... and add the "Droid brain" upgrade to his wishlist for that walker. :D
(Viva la droid rebellion! ...at least until we get cloning equipment.)
What
Level 3

Highscores: 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 pm

In terms of stormtrooper armor, you have 3 plus however many of the squad of 6 were never shot by non-stun blaster bolts or damaged by frag grenades. I don't recall if all six were taken using only non-lethal attacks. You also have the Imperial Army uniforms worn by the half-dozen captured NCOs from the control room, plus as many as another half-dozen from the guards near the landing pad, in addition to the half-dozen Imperial Army dress uniforms from the crate.

In short, you have more uniforms than just nine sets. Almost thrice as many, in fact.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue May 19, 2015 2:28 pm

I count 3 damaged suits of stormtrooper armor. The only imperial uniforms we damaged were those belonging to the LT & the guards that caught us in the garage.

What does have a point - Assuming the Alliance is intending to eventually staff this base, we might be better off leaving the materials here for their use, rather than shipping it to them just to have it shipped back.

Hell, with a little research we might even be able to keep sending reports to the Moff who set up this secret facility to make him think it's still under his control :P Not that BX would think of that.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Quicksilver wrote:Hell, with a little research we might even be able to keep sending reports to the Moff who set up this secret facility to make him think it's still under his control.

You should also repair the sabotage your team did to the comm line going from the base to the (external) comm station. Now that you control Whisper Base, restoring communications would make things easier on you. Saves you from having to trek back and forth to the comm station.

I'm not going to require skill checks from Orun to do any of these repairs. He has four days to get any/all of the work done before the shuttle returns.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Once we've taken care of all of the stuff that the PCs are doing during this four day "downtime" and we're ready to move forward, I'll close these Takeover threads and unlock the Shadowpoint threads that I created today.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Telle agrees that it's best to hold on to the meager supplies they've managed to obtain. If we're going to be holding the base, we're gonna need to start recruiting...presumably there are people on Onderon who dislike the Empire enough that they can be inspired to fight back.

Telle also thanks BX profusely for aiding them after the restraining bolt is removed.

Also, as soon as they have the ability, Telle does try and get in contact with the Alliance and give as detailed a report as possible. Just making sure that got taken care of.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Mainiac » Tue May 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I think it makes sense to keep a fair amount of stuff for the base but send any excess off to the Rebel HQ.

About those E-11 Blaster Rifles...I can't find their specs. I want to see if they are better than the SKZ Sporting Blaster Rifle Dewy uses.
Mainiac
Level 1

Postby Dr Lucky » Wed May 20, 2015 1:47 am

Is there any reason V'Jax can't grab one of the Imperial blaster pistols? It should be an upgrade over the light blaster pistol he's been carrying.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

Mainiac wrote:I think it makes sense to keep a fair amount of stuff for the base but send any excess off to the Rebel HQ.

How about this: Telle reports they were able to secure the base with minimal loss of resources, and that we have enough materiel to start training insurgents. Telle will run this by the group before reporting it to Command.

About those E-11 Blaster Rifles...I can't find their specs. I want to see if they are better than the SKZ Sporting Blaster Rifle Dewy uses.

They are just standard blaster rifles. Check out AoR 175: BlasTech E-11 is included in example models of the blaster rifles, so the profile is likely to be Damage 9, Long Range, Crit 3, Encumbrance 4, HP 4, stun setting.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Wed May 20, 2015 11:34 am

When BX picked one up, IIRC, Shado specified them as using the Carbine entry instead of the rifle entry. No reason why you couldn't keep one though. The only real downside to them is they're clearly Imperial Military items, so we shouldn't go carrying them around civilian areas.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed May 20, 2015 11:50 am

Oh okay, I thought those were just the weapons that those guards were carrying. Shado said "rifles" in the post above, not carbines, so I assumed (I did it again!) that they were regular ol' rifles.

To muddy the waters a little more, the E-11 came as a standard-issue rifle, and also there's the standard-issue E-11 carbine.

Fun times.

In either case, the difference is only one range band (Carbines are Medium range max) and -1 point of Encumbrance.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 21, 2015 6:48 am

Composite list of Whisper Base equipment, revised:

• 6 suits of stormtrooper armor
  • 9 E-11 blaster rifles
  • 5 Stormtrooper Two blaster carbines
  • 5 DL-18 blaster pistols
  • 3 frag grenades
  • 18 vibroknives
  • 8 stimpacks
  • 10 Imperial ration packs
  • 16 canteens of water
  • 12 Imperial Army uniforms (with various enlisted rank insignia)
  • 6 Imperial Army formal dress uniforms (for enlisted ranks)
  • a 30-meter spool of thick steel wire
  • the Nilos, a Lambda-class shuttle
  • 1 slightly rusted AT-ST walker
  • 6 banged-up Aratech 74-ZB speeder bikes (this model mounts a vehicle-scale blaster cannon)
  • BX-2R
... minus whatever items you've taken to add to your personal gear. Please let me know, so that I may update my records. (BX took a carbine, but he might prefer one of the rifles instead. Caiden took a pistol. Both of these are reflected in the numbers listed above. Not sure what the other four characters took, if anything.)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Dr Lucky » Thu May 21, 2015 7:39 am

V'Jax's plan is to upgrade his light blaster pistol to one of the DL-18s. When I'm at home tonight, I need to check my encumbrance carefully but I'm also tempted to grab a vibroknife and restock my grenades (from those frag grenades) up to my limit.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Yeah, I'll take a Rifle. I'd also 'claim' a suit of stormtrooper armor, though I may or may not use it depending on mission. I'll also gladly carry any of the frag grenades that can't be carried by the others.

At the same time, BX-187 would happily give his Carbine to BX-2R so that the latter is armed again as well. Then, you know, try and figure out where his skills lie (which will probably be combat if his programing hasn't been dramatically changed) and what his preferences are.

Upon reconsideration, I'm with Telle that we send the inventory to the Alliance, but don't send anything at this moment unless they request something in particular.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby awaypturwpn » Thu May 21, 2015 2:46 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:Once we've taken care of all of the stuff that the PCs are doing during this four day "downtime" and we're ready to move forward, I'll close these Takeover threads and unlock the Shadowpoint threads that I created today.

Hey Shado, do we need to worry about food & other supplies during this "down time" or in the near future? I know that usually in this game you're not supposed to focus on where and how PCs are getting food, but it looks like our provisions are a little low...if it's going to be rough going (food-wise) once we start into the new adventure, I was thinking perhaps we could use a day or two to try and stock up a little on supplies, if such a thing is necessary from a player-standpoint.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Assuming that Alliance Command has told the team that I'm coming, I'd like to claim a vibroknife and a pair of uniforms (one dress, one not). As a human, I should be able to pass myself off as a flunky in support of Telle when needed. I can also put aside a set of stormtrooper armor if the team wants.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 am

awaypturwpn wrote:Hey Shado, do we need to worry about food & other supplies during this "down time" or in the near future? I know that usually in this game you're not supposed to focus on where and how PCs are getting food, but it looks like our provisions are a little low...if it's going to be rough going (food-wise) once we start into the new adventure, I was thinking perhaps we could use a day or two to try and stock up a little on supplies, if such a thing is necessary from a player-standpoint.

Normally you wouldn't worry about incidentals such as food. But restocking the base, along with perhaps recruiting allies, is an essential part of your mission. Therefore, it's something that will need to be role-played, and that will start to happen when I close the Takeover threads and open the Shadowpoint ones.

I intend to make that switch on Tuesday, when I'm next online (the library's not open on Memorial Day, which is this coming Monday). So the three players (What, awaypturwpn, Mainiac) who haven't (yet) posted their intentions regarding taking any of the captured gear, you need to post your decisions before Tuesday, as the game will move on then, and if you don't post I'll assume that your character takes nothing.

Mainiac, the E-11 rifle is the 'standard' blaster rifle in the FFG system.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context