Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Ever hear of 'radar'? And orbital surveillance? Whisper Base was run by an Imperial Moff who was spying on a rival Imperial Admiral. That Admiral does have forces stationed both on Onderon and in the system. Those forces patrol local space, and there is a planetary defense net. Onderon may be a backwater world, but it's not an empty nor unimportant one.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri May 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Okay...so as a follow-up question, would a shuttle flying around or leaving the planet raise any flags? Would we need security clearance codes?

How would we go about trying to leave in this shuttle, if we wanted to leave?
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Presumably, if they bothered to construct a secret hangar bay they had some way to get the shuttle on and off without raising suspicion from locals, either by not being seen or by pretending to be a valid transit. It's one of those issues to handle at a later date, even interrigate the NCO imperials about. Truth is we don't need the shuttle until we get everything else squared away.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri May 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Quicksilver wrote:Presumably, if they bothered to construct a secret hangar bay they had some way to get the shuttle on and off without raising suspicion from locals, either by not being seen or by pretending to be a valid transit. It's one of those issues to handle at a later date, even interrigate the NCO imperials about. Truth is we don't need the shuttle until we get everything else squared away.

Well my main reason for asking is that I'm trying to figure out our options for dealing with the prisoners. If we can use the shuttle to ferry them off to an actual detention center where they will be more secured (and potentially offer some useful info to the Rebellion), that would be ideal.

But then yeah it would be nice to have a shuttle in general, for when we need something like that :)

Sorry if my questioning is bothersome...I'm just trying to figure out how much about the situation we know and how much we would have to dig for info. Trying hard not to assume anything.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

At least in the between-mission time, it might be nice if we could send the shuttle off with Prax and the prisoners. Not only would it alleviate our prisoner problem, it would also narratively remove our player-less character. (This assumes, of course, that we don't need it here for Operation: Shadowpoint's plot)

I mean, if this is going to be tidied up by Monday, we'll be covering it in fairly broad strokes.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri May 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Yeah, this!^

Perfect opportunity to get a different pilot/driver from somewhere else if anyone else is wanting to join up as well.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Dr Lucky » Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Quicksilver wrote:At least in the between-mission time, it might be nice if we could send the shuttle off with Prax and the prisoners. Not only would it alleviate our prisoner problem, it would also narratively remove our player-less character. (This assumes, of course, that we don't need it here for Operation: Shadowpoint's plot)

I mean, if this is going to be tidied up by Monday, we'll be covering it in fairly broad strokes.

I agree. This seems like the cleanest thing to do. If Prax can take the shuttle and prisoners back to the Alliance, we've covered most of our problems.

My thoughts for V'Jax are that he will spend the intervening time repairing the garage door (to undo the previous sabotage) and working on the crate. It sounds like given enough time, he should be able to figure out how to get it open.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon May 11, 2015 11:48 am

Questioning of the NCOs reveals that the shuttle is there (only) to evac the base. Resupply occurs on a quasi-regular basis by a smuggler freighter. Using the shuttle regularly would draw too much attention. That said, I can hand-wave using the shuttle on a round-trip to get rid of the prisoners and bring in the Zal Artha NPC to replace Prax.

Thanks, Away, for doing the work to (re)build the Zal character. And no offense to Away, but if I could get Quick and/or What to give her a review to check and see if there's anything that they'd recommend changing, I'd appreciate it. More eyes helps the process. Once the NPC is vetted, it can be copied over to the database.

While you don't absolutely have to have a pilot-role character going forward on this planet, it may help. Another warm body that can wield a blaster also never hurts.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon May 11, 2015 11:56 am

No problem. I didn't stat out Zal as I would have built her; just tried to remain as close to the pregen PC as possible (given the differences between Beginner & Core games) so any modifications are probably appropriate :) And given that she's gonna be an NPC, doubly so.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon May 11, 2015 12:05 pm

If anyone wishes to try recruiting for the open slot on FFG's forum (in the topic I created for this game way back), please feel free to do so. Perhaps if someone other that I pimps for this game it may get traction. Not only does that thread get a much-needed bump, but if you enthusiastic players (last I checked, you were; I hope you all still are) clamor for a new recruit it will do more than if I keep trying.

PS - Orun and BX have not been updated in the database yet. No XP expeditures desired at this time for either character?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby What » Mon May 11, 2015 2:11 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
PS - Orun and BX have not been updated in the database yet. No XP expeditures desired at this time for either character?

I'm going to hold on to my XP. I feel pretty solid at non-combat tasks, but picking up pressure point and a couple ranks of brawl will at least let me contribute in a thematic way.
What
Level 3

Highscores: 1

Postby Quicksilver » Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Na, thinking I want 15 for Ranged (Heavy) 3. I did note that in the last post:
Objective 2: 10xp
(Saved)
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Mainiac » Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
If anyone wishes to try recruiting for the open slot on FFG's forum (in the topic I created for this game way back), please feel free to do so. Perhaps if someone other that I pimps for this game it may get traction. Not only does that thread get a much-needed bump, but if you enthusiastic players (last I checked, you were; I hope you all still are) clamor for a new recruit it will do more than if I keep trying.

Done.
Mainiac
Level 1

Postby Baron Fel » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am

Hello all! I don't know if this is the place, but I come from the FFG Forum. I am interested in taking on the role of Ace Pilot and would be happy to submit a character sheet/resume as soon as I know what your parameters are at this point. Ie. How much experience should I have, what gear is acceptable, can I use Stay on Target etc...

If I'm being rude in writing in your OOC thread I apologize, but the FFG post did ask for resumes sent to Strike Force Isk and I don't where else to submit my application.

I've played RPG's for a little over a decade now, although I'm not super experienced with PbP. I'm certainly interested in learning, however.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am

Hey Baron Fel! Love the handle :)
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Tue May 12, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for dropping by! Our GM should be by on Wednesday, and I'm sure he'll answer all your questions then.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Dr Lucky » Tue May 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Welcome! It will be nice to have a full house again. What kind of pilot are you thinking of?
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 13, 2015 7:16 am

My thanks to Maniac and Quick for their recruitment posts at FFG. Nicely done.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 am

Baron Fel wrote:Hello all! I don't know if this is the place, but I come from the FFG Forum. I am interested in taking on the role of Ace Pilot

Welcome aboard!

Baron Fel wrote:would be happy to submit a character sheet/resume as soon as I know what your parameters are at this point. Ie. How much experience should I have, what gear is acceptable, can I use Stay on Target etc...

1. Please be sure to read the House Rules for my FFG-based games.
  2. All EotE and AoR books are usable.
  3. Gear with a rarity of 5 or less is okay. Rarity 6+ and/or restricted items requires GM approval.
  4. You can spend 10 Duty points for your initial build (any Duty that you spend drops you to zero at the start). It's highly advisable that you spend it on XP, rather than gear, but the choice is yours. Looted blaster pistols (DL-18) and carbines (Stormtrooper One) will be available at Whisper Base (the party's current location), so you can go ahead and add whichever one(s) you wish to your character sheet without using up any of your initial 500 credits. You'll also have the standard 1d100 roll for additional credits (which cannot be used for buying gear). Once your character is submitted (and approved), you'll be getting an additional 20 XP, 10 Duty, and 500 credits (which is what the other characters earned on their recent mission). This will bring your character up to par with the rest of the group.
  5. A rebuilt version of the Zal Artha PC is available for you to look at. This is the character that we would have used if you hadn't joined our game.
  6. You will make your character submission in the Character Review subforum. You should review the other PCs in the Character Database.
  7. Feel free to ask questions in this thread. It's what it's for. I'm currently only getting online on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for a few hours on these days (I don't have Internet access at home at present), but one of the other players may be able to answer your question(s) before I can get to it, so long as the question doesn't require a GM opinion/decision.

Baron Fel wrote:If I'm being rude in writing in your OOC thread I apologize, but the FFG post did ask for resumes sent to Strike Force Isk and I don't where else to submit my application.

This is the correct place. Kudos on figuring it out, and not PMing me.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Baron Fel » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 am

Thank you for the quick response, Shado. I am at work right now, but will put together and post a character sheet later today.

For now, I'm thinking of a nihilistic Sullustan hotshot. I'll go into more details with the actual character sheet, but the quick overview is a wage slave freighter pilot who questioned the point of it all. He started to fly a good deal more recklessly--we all die anyway, so why not live it up?--than his employers preferred, but was allowed to stay on because he was usually able to shave time off of their deliveries. He had heard of the Rebellion, of course, but wasn't much interested until after Yavin. At that point he figured they might be on to something, or at least a good deal more fun than his current job. He took his freighter and bolted, signing up with the first cell he could find.

Does this sketch sound like it could fit in with the vision y'all have for this game? Sort of a mix of adrenaline-junky ace and Dolorous Ed. Unlike a more "normal" ace, my guy won't always be sure he's going to win. In fact, he often expects to die--but decides to fight anyway.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed May 13, 2015 10:31 am

Lol, going down guns blazing.

Telle is very much not that way...I'd say she expects to survive, maybe even has a bit of a superman complex. Yeah, I see some great RP conflict potential here :)

I believe that also means I'm the only human again...
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm

So is my character being assigned to the squad after their capture of the base, or are we pretending that he was there all along? This won't change much, but it will change what gear I buy in character creation. If I've always been present, I'm absolutely buying a pistol to help with the mission. If I've just been transferred, I'll travel unarmed and expect to arm myself at the base.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed May 13, 2015 2:33 pm

I think the idea was sending the Imperial shuttle we have on a round-trip circuit, to drop off Prax and the prisoners and bring in a new pilot.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Wed May 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Yeah, I believe the idea is your assigned to our group as a replacement for our current pilot (for reasons only Alliance command knows) :)
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Baron Fel » Wed May 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Ok, sounds good. I'll go in and make a few changes to my loadout then.

But for now...let me introduce Caiden Tane. I ended up going human because that picture and his backstory really seemed more compelling to me than a Sullustan. Sorry Telle, you're no longer alone!
Baron Fel
Level 3

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context