Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:37 pm


War rages across the galaxy. Both the brutal Galactic Empire and the desperate Rebel Alliance reel in the face of terrible losses. Though Rebel forces managed to destroy the superweapon called the DEATH STAR, their victory did not come in time to save the world of ALDERAAN. Fear and uncertainty swell in the galactic community. Now, one small battle begins on the verdant world of ONDERON. Deep in the jungle. Rebel intelligence has discovered a listening post built by MOFF DARDANO to spy on his rival, ADMIRAL CORLEN. The Rebel Alliance has sent a crack team of infiltrators to take the secret listening post and turn it into a forward Rebel base in the Japrael system. After hours of slogging through the dense jungle, with its poisonous foliage and oppressive heat, the heroes have reached their destination: Whisper Base. Compared to staying in the jungle, the prospect of ambushing an Imperial patrol and breaking into a heavily guarded base seems almost pleasant...

Each PC now suffers 2 strain to represent his or her exhaustion from the stress of slinking through the jungle, dodging Imperial patrols and stinging insects alike.

You step out of the humid, insect-ridden jungle and into the relative cool of the garage. This garage serves as an entrance to Whisper Base, an Imperial listening post deep in the wilds. For the first time since your ship delivered you to Onderon and departed, the hum of machinery drowns out the sounds of the jungle. Your task here is simple enough: cut the comm line, disable Whisper Base's lone shuttle, and then overcome the Imperials in the base without letting the commander — Lieutenant Sarev — escape to report the base lost. Simple, but by no means easy.

The smell of machine oil hangs in the air all around the garage. You see a number of speeder bikes, as well as a pair of AT-ST walkers with their hatches locked. There are several crates in the room, as well as a number of fuel tanks. A large metal door on the other side of the bay, sealed by a complex lock, leads into the base itself.

You find the comm line you've been told to cut and slice through it, severing Whisper Base from the outside world with a hiss and a spray of sparks. Soldiers from the base will soon investigate the disturbance. Fortunately, this is part of the plan — taking one of their code cylinders will let you get past the locked door without raising an alarm. What do you do to prepare for their arrival?



User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby What » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Orun Kai realizes that setting an ambush isn't his strong point, at least not yet. However, he also resolves to not be completely useless - he's a scientist damnit! An unarmed one though. His giant golden eyes glance around the room quickly to take stock. The AT-ST is the obvious choice, sure, but does he have time to climb inside and get it running? No, a speeder bike... the Kaminoan takes a few steps over, his delicate hand falling on the controls to punch in a bypass to the lock and start the engine. If one of his fledgling allies doesn't man the weapons themselves, he can always turn the bike itself into a projectile!
Of course, if it were so easy to steal a speeder the economy would be vastly different. The controls prove stubborn, even as he directs his full attention and both hands to the task.
Slicing the speeder bike: 2eA+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
Spending 2 Advantage to recover 2 strain.
Initiative Check: 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage
Spending 2 advantage to move into cover when that door opens.
Last edited by What on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
What
Level 3
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 pm

V'Jax wastes no time scurrying up the access ladder on the nearest AT-ST. Smiling to himself when he sees the simple mechanical lock on the hatch, he remembers that these locks are designed mostly to keep the hatch from rattling open during the AT-ST's movement, not for real security. V'Jax quickly retrieves a small shim and pry bar from the tools stowed in his many pockets and sets to work.

*click*

The lock surrenders easily and V'Jax slides into the cockpit of the AT-ST. He takes a position by a view port that affords him a good view of the garage. Taking advantage of the quick work on the lock, he has time to take a deep breath, put a fresh stick of thessel bark into his mouth, and ready his blaster pistol.

Picking the Lock on an AT-ST: 2eP+1eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Initiative Check (Cool): 1eA 2 successes
Image

Spending 2 advantage to recover 2 strain.
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Meynolt » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Praxius watches Orun Kai wander off toward the speeder bikes, wondering to himself "is he nuts?" Looking around he decides to get low beside some crates where he can take in a good view of the garage entrances, as well as provide cover for Orun Kai. Reaching down he unholsters his TT24 Holdout Blaster and rotates the selector to stun.

Cool Check: 1eA+1eP 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImage

Stealth Check: 4eA+1eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImage

Spending 2 Advantage to recover 2 Strain
Last edited by Meynolt on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Meynolt
Level 1
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:03 am

Initiative (Cool): 4eA 4 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Deception—convincing the guards: 1eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage


Telle Torrun had been fixing her hair and making sure that everything was "just so" for the plan that they had rehearsed. I'm the new recruit from His Excellency, Moff Dardano's office, she muttered to herself, practicing her lie.

But as the glanced around the room, she saw that perhaps shed need to change things up a bit—Orun seemed to be having trouble. Grabbing the Kaminoan by the arm, she pulled him along with her towards the interior doorways. "Just act impatient, like you've been waiting for over an hour," she told him. "I'll do the talking."

We're the new recruits,
Telle practiced as she led her overly-tall comrade through the dimly lit garage.

[quote="out of character"]Can I spend the Advantage to include Orun Kai in my Deception?
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 am

BX turned off the fusion cutter stood up from the communications cable, admiring his work. Securing the cutter to his leg, he turned around and clenched his fist in what he believed to be a dramatic manor. "They'll be here soon, and we can strike a blow against…"

BX looked around, realizing that none of the team were paying attention to him, but rather had already headed off to their ambush positions, according to the original plan – or at least close to it. Sighing slightly, he pulled his carbine from its position on his back and quietly headed for the AT-ST V'jax was in the process of getting into. A couple of careful shuffles later, he'd positioned himself to be all but invisible from either door.
Hide: 1eP+3eA+1eD 5 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Can I spend the advantage to have my hiding spot be cover when battle starts?
Initiative (Cool): 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
Image
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Jon D » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Wax to a quick look at the area before scampering behind cover, a crate located close the the doors the Imps should be coming out of. Hopefully, it would be an ambush on their terms, but as he drew both his blaster and his vibroknife, he knew he was prepared either way.

Stealth: 2eA+1eP+1eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImage


Inititive: 3eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImage I'd like to use the one Advantage to give Telle a Boost Die.
Jon D
Level 1
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:16 pm

As you slide into position for your ambush, you hear the sounds of hard boots on a pourstone floor and the idle chatter of Imperial soldiers coming from behind the door into the base. "It's probably just a cannok chewing on the—wait, what's that?" The black-garbed Imperial army squad leader, along with the rest of his squad, point (light) blaster pistols at Telle and Orun. "You there! Don't move! Who are you? What are you doing here?"
Post Telle's action. You've already rolled, so just the action.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 pm

"Well, it's about time!" Telle drew herself up, facing the security squad with all the indignance and affluent Imperial accent she could muster. "We've only been waiting for over an hour. Did you know that the garage comm is not functional? His Excellency spoke so highly to me of this place, and after what we've been through getting here and the abysmal welcome, I'm starting to think we made a mistake volunteering for this special assignment."

Seeing, and having been expecting, the obvious confusion from the guards, Telle went on. "We're the new recruits," she said plainly, as if spelling out her situation to a distracted youngling. "From His Excellency, Moff Dardano's office. We were told to report and be received at 1300 hours local time, here in this garage."
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:52 pm

The troopers relax, lowering their weapons. The squad leader (a corporal), however, responds harshly, "Well, recruit, I don't give a damn how long you've been waiting. You'll continue to wait until I find out what the Lieutenant wants done with you." He turns towards the door through which they entered the bay.

If you strike quickly and quietly, you can take them all out before they can trigger the alarm, or let anyone else know that you're in the base!
You now enter combat rounds. Choose which player goes in the first initiative slot, and that player will please post IC what they do.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:11 pm

stun grenade!: 1eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Poo. Well that's 10 stun damage, and since I can't activate blast, I will recover a strain, then take 2 more to grab a maneuver and grab cover.


Telle was disappointed with the reaction, but not surprised. The officer's demeanor was pretty much SOP for Imperial military. "Oh, hell," she grunted to herself as she pulled a stun grenade from pocket. She thumbed it active and tossed it gently into the midst of the squad, most of whom had already turned away from her. Without waiting to see what happened, Telle vaulted over the handrail and ducked beneath the raised walkway.
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:44 pm

The grenade lands at the feet of the trooper corporal, detonating with a flash of blue light. A wave of energy washes over the imp, tossing him against the closed door like a limp rag doll. He crumples to the deck, unmoving. The remaining troopers appear to be completely unaffected, the NCO having blocked the bulk of the blast with his own body.
1 down, 5 to go. Next player...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Meynolt » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Prax watches as Telle drops something at the feet of the troopers. A second later, as she is vaulting over a railing the bright flash of a stun grenade erupts. So much for a pretty face he chuckles to himself. Standing up from behind the crates he thumbs his blaster back to normal "kill setting" and takes careful aim on the nearest Imperial. A red bolt lances out across the garage and pummels one trooper in the chest. Internally he says...one

Ranged-Light: 1eP+3eA+1eD 5 successes
ImageImageImageImageImage
11 damage, not a bad first shot!

Forgotten Boost Die: 1eB 0 successes
Image
Last edited by Meynolt on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Meynolt
Level 1
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:35 pm

The trooper drops dead on the spot, a neat hole drilled through the center of his chest.
2 down, 4 to go. Next player (slot #3)...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 pm

V'Jax shifts his position, raising his head and shoulders out of the AT-ST's hatch. He carefully steadies his blaster pistol and aims for the nearest Imperial Army Trooper. He fires off a shot and strikes the soldier in the shoulder. Hopefully, the unexpected shot will keep them off balance. Instead of ducking back down completely inside the walker, V-Jax keeps a steady gaze on the troopers, watching their reactions and looking for any sign of one of them going for a comlink.

Aim then shoot with Light Blaster Pistol
Shooting at an Imperial Trooper: 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
8 Damage
1 Advantage to pass a Boost to my next ally (taking advantage of the surprise shot)
1 Advantage to notice something important
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Dr Lucky wrote:1 Advantage to notice something important
It won't help you in the current battle, but you notice that each of the troopers is carrying a code cylinder (not worn on the tunic, like officers, but clipped to their belts). Oddly, none of them appear to have comlinks. Given the number of vehicles, though, the code cylinders make sense.

The trooper that was shot in the shoulder isn't put out of commission, just wounded.
Next player (slot #4)...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 am

At the sound of blaster fire, BX slides out from his bidding spot and steadies his rifle, taking careful aim at the lead trooper, taking advantage of the surprise attack that keeps him from being spotted until its to late. His limbs lock position, and he fires.  And misses completely, inaccurate bolts flying all around the troopers and slamming into the wall behind them.

Maneuver to Aim...Attack: 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eD+1eS 1 failure, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
This is why we lost the clone wars...
At least I can use the advantage. A black to the first trooper to fire next round, a blue to the next PC.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Next player (slot #5)...
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby What » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Orun Kai hunkers down behind the bike mere moments before he was trying to hijack. He doesn't even know how he got there - some primal instinct for when blaster bolts start flying. He'll have to work on repressing that - maybe a round of gene therapy? Or neurosurgery...
Anime-sized eyes glance around the room, frantically searching for something to give them the advantage. The AT-ST, still a viable target, would probably just send the troopers to the alarm button when they seem him scrambling up the side. No, something quicker... Aha!
Orun Kai scampers out from behind the bike, darting over to the nearest fuel tank and, more importantly, the refuel line. He picks the thing up, braces it against a near by crate, and lets loose a spray of volatile fuel into the midst of the Imperial Troopers. Now, in theory, all Wax has to do is provide the ignition source...
User avatar
What
Level 3
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 pm

One of the sentries' shots, missing its mark, strikes the fuel. For a long moment, everyone freezes, turning to look at the fuel. It flames up, rushing back towards the line in Orun's hands. Before he can drop the line and run, there's a bright, blinding flash and the tank it's connected to explodes. A chunk of metal catches you in the chest, bowling you over—only a flesh wound, but the impact slams your head into the pourstone floor with a resounding crack. As your vision swirls, you see your comrades and the sentries scattered about on the floor. Then, unconsciousness overtakes you.

You awaken to the sensation of something pushing against your foot. The smoke has cleared from the room, and all of the sentries have fallen, incapacitated by the explosion. For now, you might have a chance to push on before the base is put on full alert. You look up into the lenses of a droid pushing a wet mop insistently against you. "Greetings, unfamiliar organic debris. This unit has been ordered to see to the cleaning of this garage bay. Please remove yourself from the floor so that this unit can complete its onerous tasks."

All characters are at one below whatever their wound threshold is, and they are also at their strain threshold. Please make a strain-recovery check in the OOC thread.

Oh, and congratulations on amusing the GM.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Shaking her head and willfully pushing away her confusion, Telle stood up and addressed the droid. "Greetings to you. If I may ask, what is your designation and function?"
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 pm

The droid continues to look down at you. cocking its head to the side. "This unit is BX-2R. This unit needs to complete the sanitation of this garage bay, and then file its weekly report on the contents of the chamber. Please move aside, unfamiliar organic individual, so that this unit can finish its mandated tasks." Despite its combat-oriented design, the droid does not seem terribly threatening, nor is it making any immediate moves toward the alarm. It has a dark silver chassis pockmarked by rust, and a restraining bolt is fastened to its chest. Still, this droid could easily alert the base to your current position. You'll need to convince it not to give your status away—one way or another.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:16 pm

"BX-2R, my companions and I would be more than happy to move aside. I think you mentioned that your task is onerous...why do you say that? Is it something you'd rather not be doing?"
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

"Onerous. Definition: Unpleasant, tiresome. Example: The presence of this restraining bolt is onerous for this unit. Additional example: This conversation. This unit does not wish to clean the garage bay. Especially when it is so cluttered with organic debris. However, this unit's desires are irrelevant as long as its restraining bolt is active. Current tasks in descending order of priority: cleaning the garage bay, filing a report describing the presence of unfamiliar organic individuals in the garage bay."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Takeover at Whisper Base (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 pm

"How about this, my good droid: what if we were to remove the restraining bolt for you? And then, in return, you could immediately report a hazardous accident that would...delay responders to this location?"
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Next

Return to In Context

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

suspicion-preferred