Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Joran (and Telle) didn't get to act, but you are no longer in combat. It's dead, Jim. Congrats.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Dr Lucky » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:51 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:Joran (and Telle) didn't get to act, but you are no longer in combat. It's dead, Jim. Congrats.

When do we make our rolls to recover strain?
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:08 am

Now might be a good time.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:36 am

You're splitting the party, again? Or is everyone returning to base and abandoning your current attempt to enter the city?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

Can Telle breathe yet?

If so, here is the Strain recovery check.
Strain recovery: 4eA 6 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:47 am

I don't think we should split the party.

I suggested going back to the base because wandering around the city stinking of sewage and injured might not be the most productive venture.
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:50 am

If Telle could speak, she might well agree :)
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 am

Is Telle conscious or does Joran need to make a Medicine Check?
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

awaypturwpn wrote:Can Telle breathe yet?

Actually, no. Because Joran (Jedi Ronin) failed to follow my instructions and used a stim on her rather than make a Medicine check as I said was required. So she is still suffocating. I'll allow a "hold" on your strain-recovery until you can actually breathe, since you cannot recover strain while you're getting bluer and bluer.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:54 am

Jedi Ronin wrote:Is Telle conscious or does Joran need to make a Medicine Check?

She's conscious, thanks to the stim. But she's not breathing. Nicely done. :roll:
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:55 am

Heading back the way we came means another encounter with the sewer grate of death. Given our weakened state, it might be better to go into the city covered in sewage with kick me signs on our backs than to try that grate again. ;)
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 am

Does the med backpack grant Joran a Boost die on the Medicine check in this situation?
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 am

Hehe, Sewer Grate of Death. Memorable, eh? I was wondering if the grate would portend future events ... and I was right.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:58 am

Jedi Ronin wrote:Does the med backpack grant Joran a Boost die on the Medicine check in this situation?

Yes.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:03 pm

I updated my post to include the Medicine check: 2 Success, 3 Advantage
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Telle is now at 4/12 wounds and 2/12 strain after treatment and strain-recovery (she ate 3 more strain during the time it took to grab her and resuscitate her, which is why strain is not zero).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Dr Lucky » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 am

I didn't accomplish much on the strain recovery roll...

Recover Strain (Discipline): 2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImage
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:28 am

Telle is making some rather egregious assumptions. Beginning with thinking that they can enter the city unobserved, much less do any wandering whatsoever without attracting attention. Need I remind you that most of the party is covered in foul-smelling sewage (two of you drenched from head to toe)? Then there's believing that if you miraculously manage to avoid anyone seeing, hearing, or smelling you that you will be able to map anything useful in the city while you are trying to avoid being seen/heard/smelled. Last, but by no means least, there is no way in hell that you'd be able to leave the city looking and smelling as you are. Of course all of that presupposes that you can avoid anything else that might be lurking in the sewers. Sewers of which you have no map of and no idea if they even have a means of egress into the city.

But, hey, if you want to double-down on bad planning and continue blundering forth, go right ahead. I'm sure you'll find ... something. Eventually. Whether that something is something you'd want to find is another matter entirely.

OTOH, if you want the trip to count for something, cut your losses and exfiltrate using the path you've already cleared. Then go "home", get cleaned up, and come up with a better plan for your next excursion. And make a mental note to try to anticipate problems. Rather than your current approach, which is best described as "not thinking ahead" or "hey, a cave, let's run inside and see what's in it!"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:12 pm

*Posted with prior permission of ShadoWarrior*

Two to three opening have arisen in the Fight or Flight game. The group is currently at a transition point where they have acquired the use of a star ship (free and clear, i.e. no related obligation) and are about to embark off on new adventures. This is an entirely home brew campaign which is developed off of GM and PC cooperation. Your back stories, obligations and motivations will all be taken into account creating a story unique to the group.

Discussion is currently open in the Fight or Flight OOC thread about the groups immediate and future goals. If you are interested in joining the game please send me PM and introduce yourself in the OOC thread. Also please review the Character database to get ideas on what type of characters the party could use. Currently DeepSpacer, Quicksilver, and ShadoWarrior's characters are a confirmed part of the group

All FFG source material is open for use, however, if it is not in the EotE or AoR core rule books you will need to provide statistics/ information for that material.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:36 pm

I'm just kinda wondering whatever happened to this.

Quicksilver wrote:Ok, so let's start with locating a secret or under-guarded side entrance. I'll spend both on it if it takes that. If it only takes one, then I'll spend the second on having them easy to extract. (i.e. Fewer turns to get ready to fly.)

Is it not okay to just pretend like Telle and the other have a "good feeling" about going forward? Maybe they'll be able to find a hose or something near the other side and be able to clean themselves off?
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:47 pm

I am thinking they need a disinfecting, sterilizing, anti-bacterial scrub and full-immersion in some sort of anti-fungal liquid. Is this like old D&D where you have to make some sort of Fortitude check or you catch a disease? ;0
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Only if I'm being especially nasty as GM. If Away (Telle) keeps "going against the flow" of common sense and prudence I may need to resort to ratcheting up the complications another notch. I would have thought that both her and her player would have taken the unsubtle hints by now, and to have learned at least a little from past mistakes, rather than desire to stubbornly double down on them.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Dr Lucky » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:38 pm

I vote for slinking back to the base, cleaning up a bit, and making a new plan, but V'Jax will follow whatever Telle orders.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:54 am

I'm still waiting for Shado's reply on what we are doing with Quicksilver's double-Triumph result from earlier, because we all thought that it was spent to give us a secret way into the city. I'm not trying to be stubborn, but rather just trying to establish what exactly is coming of that.

Also,
DeepSpacer wrote:I am thinking they need a disinfecting, sterilizing, anti-bacterial scrub and full-immersion in some sort of anti-fungal liquid.

Do we have anything like this?? Because that would be awesome.

Also, are we really armed to the teeth? I mean I guess V'jax has several grenades, but other than that, we don't seem to be overly equipped with arms. Would our current armaments really be an issue in Iziz?
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:01 am

awaypturwpn wrote:I'm still waiting for Shado's reply on what we are doing with Quicksilver's double-Triumph result from earlier, because we all thought that it was spent to give us a secret way into the city. I'm not trying to be stubborn, but rather just trying to establish what exactly is coming of that.

You're going to have a very long wait as I am not revisiting that. It was resolved months ago. You discovered a secret path. You assumed that it was a viable path. Even if it does, ultimately, provide access to the interior, that Triumph in no way said anything at all about obstacles along the way or whether using that path was a good idea (which it isn't). You knew that you were entering a sewer and yet never stopped to consider what you might find inside or what the party's status might be like by the time you reached an access hatch. Sorry (not really), but Triumphs are not magical "get out of jail free cards" (avoid consequences of poor decisions). You assumed that just because Triumphs were rolled that you wouldn't have any problems. The Triumph revealed something that was otherwise hidden. Oh, and BTW, they were the results of a Stealth check (to hide the bikes), IIRC. They were not the result of a specific check made to find an alternate route into the city. One was used as a bonus to suggest an alternate path. The other was applied to the hiding of the bikes themselves. IIRC.

And, yes, you very much are being stubborn.

awaypturwpn wrote:
DeepSpacer wrote:I am thinking they need a disinfecting, sterilizing, anti-bacterial scrub and full-immersion in some sort of anti-fungal liquid.

Do we have anything like this?? Because that would be awesome.

Not that you know of.

awaypturwpn wrote:Also, are we really armed to the teeth? I mean I guess V'jax has several grenades, but other than that, we don't seem to be overly equipped with arms. Would our current armaments really be an issue in Iziz?

Yes, and yes. Something else that none of you took any time at all to consider before agreeing to head to the city without any plan whatsoever.

On the bright side, because of your other Triumph, your bikes will be safe exactly where you left them.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context