Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 pm

You have seized Whisper Base, but there is plenty of work still to be done in order to turn the base into an asset for the Rebellion. The base is in disarray after your attack, with much of the equipment and ordnance damaged or expended, and the Imperial support staff is hardly available to assist you. If you intend to turn this operation into a real success, you’ll need to resupply the base with new equipment and find some agents who can help you maintain it properly.

The base’s Signal Intelligence array should be able to provide you with useful information on valuable targets in the area, but you also need to keep an eye out for the return of Moff Dardano’s forces. He’s bound to discover the loss of Whisper Base eventually, and that’s a vulnerability he can’t afford. Sooner or later, the Moff’s forces are sure to come knocking.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Sat May 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Telle met the Nihlos just as it was touching down in the landing bay, its wings folding into the upwards locked position. She waited for the pilot to disembark, and when he did, she looked him up and down, silently, for the span of a few seconds.

"Alright then, briefing meeting," she said summarily, turning to leave the hangar. "Follow me."

---

Immediately following the arrival of the new pilot, Telle gathered the others in the briefing room and allowed for a minute of discussion before calling their attention forward.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Sun May 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Caiden exhaled after he set down the Nihlos. Everything had gone smoothly on the flight out here, but he still wanted to make a good impression on his new team. He hadn't landed a lot of shuttles at secret Imperial bases in his career, but the secret to success is acting like you've been there before.

Exiting the shuttle, he smirked when he noticed Telle's appraising look. Great, another one. I'll have to head that off early. What is it with these rebel chicks and flyboys?

"Great. Follow. Got it, boss." Jogging after the departing diplomat, Caiden extended a hand, "So you have a name? I'm Caiden. Caiden Tane. And I'm here to help you blow up the Empire."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby Dr Lucky » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:45 am

V'Jax strides confidently into the briefing room, trying to maintain his best military bearing.

A few days with the team has left V'Jax realizing that he may be the closest thing the team has to a traditional solider, which worries him a bit. Given how precarious the team's hold on the base is, without some order and military discipline, none of them were going to get through this alive... V'Jax figures the best course of action to get everyone working in unison is to model professionalism, put any personal opinions aside, and support Telle as the CO without question.

He gives Telle a nod of acknowledgement as he enters the room before stepping to one side and folding his hands behind his back. He quietly observes the new pilot and realizes that the discipline situation may not be improving any time soon. V'Jax appears to stand perfectly still as he waits for the briefing to start, but his eyes are in constant motion behind his red goggles.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:55 am

Telle smiled despite herself at blow up the Empire, though she didn't allow Caiden to see. As they walked from the shuttle bay to the briefing room, she said, "My name is Telle, which you should already know from your mission dossier. V'jax, Orun Kai, BeeEx-OneEightSeven, and Dewurra should be meeting us in the briefing room, so you can make introductions there before we begin our meeting."

Their footsteps echoed in the base's long, empty hallways. After a couple of otherwise silent moments, Telle said, rather awkwardly over her shoulder, "How...was your flight here?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Mainiac » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Dewurra enters the briefing room polishing his vibro-ax. It seems to take days to get it clean after hacking through Stormtrooper armor. He hopes this briefing leads to them getting out of the base for a while as he's been going stir crazy waiting for some action. Suddenly he stops when he notices the new person. Looks like another dime a dozen cocky pilot. He flashes him a wicked grin and takes a seat waiting for the briefing to start.
Mainiac
Level 1

Postby Baron Fel » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:08 pm

"Terrible. The Nilos is a stock Imp shuttle, which means it handles like a space slug and is just about as comfortable to bunk in. Still," Caiden paused to take in the utilitarian architecture of his new home before continuing, almost to himself, "I suppose there is something to be said about sleeping among the stars."

Entering the briefing room, Caiden tried to remain nonchalant at the site of the Weequay and the Wookie. He'd seen Wookies before, rarely, but few were as large or scarred as this warrior. And most hadn't been so casual with their weapons. The Weequay was more comforting, however. Cloud City had been full of gamblers, gangsters, and their Weequay bodyguards.

"Gentlemen," he nodded in their direction before turning back to Telle, "You the CO? I've got your orders from command." He pulled a coded computer chip out of an inner pocket on his flight suit and offered it to the diplomat, "Let's see what impossible things we have to do this week."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:13 pm

"I am the ranking operative," Telle said, trying to maintain a professional tone. "And the Alliance wouldn't give us an impossible mission. Whatever the task, we're up to it. Each of us has a job, and the expectation is that we perform it to the best of our abilities. That includes the pilot.

"I suppose we can get started,"
she continued, taking the coded chip from the Caiden and placing it in the room's holoprojector. "I did have a plan for this meeting, but let's see what Command has for us first."
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:06 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Caiden came from the Rebel cruiser Lathir (which is the ship that brought your team to this sector) with his own orders (on a coded chip) assigning him to your team, along with the orders (also on the same chip) to the team that you're to remain on Onderon and make Whisper Base useful to the Alliance until you're relieved.

ShadoWarrior wrote:
The orders are text, plus there's a recorded message from a Rebel commander in flatpic audio+video basically covering what's in the text orders, along with a "good work" type of praise for the team's actions thus far, and confidence that your team will continue to get the job done.

Telle let the audio play through while the text displayed in scrolling fashion via the holodisplay. After the display ended and winked out, she turned to the crew.

"So, we've got our mission: make the base useful. How can we best accomplish it? Any ideas for first steps?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:12 am

"We could attack the Imperials in Iziz." BX replied from the back of the room. He paused a moment to think about what he just said before amending "And take their stuff?"

Realizing that the idea had sounded much better in his processors then out loud, BX looked around before tapping his finger on his metal head in thought.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Baron Fel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:02 pm

While the rest of the team watched the orders scrolling across the holodisplay, Caiden worked his way over to a seat. No need to reread what I've already read. Sitting down and crossing his arms, Caiden leaned forward to watch his new team.

After the battle droid's suggestion, however, he chuckled and spoke up, "I like your enthusiasm, friend. But if we're interested in something a little less suicidal, the shuttle's sensor's picked up something that might be a village just a few klicks from here. May be worth visiting before we attack Iziz."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:42 am

"Yes, the village is an old settlement called Darrastead. I've seen it in the databanks here; apparently the Imperials weren't very shy about coercing the locals there into manual labor. We might be able to win some friends there, if we were to show ourselves as their liberators."

With that suggestion, Telle looked around at the rest of the team to gauge their responses.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Mainiac » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:13 pm

"Sounds good to me. I'm going stir crazy on this base and need to get out for a while." He glances around the room and let's his gaze linger on the new guy. "It's been a long time since I've ripped off anyone's arms. Worst case we hopefully get some help running this base."
Mainiac
Level 1

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 pm

"Thanks Dewey, let's keep the arm-ripping to Imperials. At least for now. But seeing as you're eager to get out, why don't you, Caiden, and I go and talk to these villagers?

"We should leave behind at least a soldier or two to patrol the base and grounds, and we'll need someone monitoring the SigInt feed. Any volunteers?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

"I can guard the base, Trooper-Commander." BX commented to Telle's plan. "I'll keep a speeder bike ready as well, just in case you need reinforcements."

Having finished volunteering for his own position, the droid looked around and spotted Oren in his seat. "Trooper-Scientist should be good at watching computers." He added helpfully.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Baron Fel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Caiden ignored the wookie's comments, pointedly keeping his attention on Telle. I thought the Rebel Alliance was supposed to be better than this gangster ego sithspit. Guess they aren't really heroes, just more disappointments. Looking around at the rest of the team, however, he grew encouraged by BX's enthusiasm and the quiet confidence of V'Jax. These guys have a purpose though, maybe there's something to that.

Smiling at BX's response, Caiden offered his own approval of the plan: "Trooper-Pilot concurs with Trooper-Droid. Are we taking speeder's or the Nilos?"
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby Mainiac » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Letting out a low laugh Dewy chimes in "Trooper-Wookiee concurs it is time to get the hell out of here!"
Mainiac
Level 1

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Telle thought for a moment. "Taking the shuttle poses a risk, but it could make a powerful statement to the locals," she mused. "Caiden, can you fly it close enough to the jungle canopy that we'd be under the radar scanning capabilities?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:53 pm

"I wouldn't be much use to a secret team of rebel operatives if I couldn't, boss," smirked Caiden. "Although I hope you won't mind waiting for the morning. It was a long flight in and I could use a night in a real bed."

After remembering the realities of the listening post he amended, "Or at least what passes for one."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby Dr Lucky » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:22 am

"I can help Orun with SigInt or work on some maintenance projects here, but I'll ride along if you want me to. I wouldn't be much help recruiting but I can probably keep the shuttle flying if the situation gets ugly." V'Jax tilts his head to the side, obviously expecting an answer.

Recruiting villagers sounded like a good idea, but V'Jax worried that a Wookiee and a Weequay in a stolen shuttle was going to look more like a pirate press gang than Rebel liberators. Despite his concern for their plight, he felt like he probably ought to stay behind, if not at the base than in the shuttle. Let's see what the boss wants...
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby awaypturwpn » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:57 pm

"Great, thanks V'jax. Let's have you come along for support, just in case. Orun and Tooar, are you up to the task here?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby awaypturwpn » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:15 pm

"On second thought...V'jax, you might be on to something. I wouldn't want the situation to get ugly, and the natives might get scared into doing something rash if we showed up, unannounced, in a Lambda-class shuttle. I've already got the speeder bikes prepped...let's take those, instead."
Last edited by awaypturwpn on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 am

Caiden frowns as Telle changes plans, "You think someone's watching us, boss? Maybe we should have our base guards work on getting us Imperial clearance codes in case we do need to fly somewhere."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:55 am

Baron Fel wrote:Caiden frowns as Telle changes plans, "You think someone's watching us, boss? Maybe we should have our base guards work on getting us Imperial clearance codes in case we do need to fly somewhere."

"That's another consideration..." Telle paused in thought. "Yes, that would be a good idea, but nothing high profile.

"It might be better to obtain some false transponder codes for general coming and going, but clearance codes can be useful for getting into specific places."
Last edited by awaypturwpn on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:15 pm

"The Imperials don't know there's anything out here." BX added. "So there's no real way to fly a shuttle around a lot without being suspicious. On the subject of suspicious, I wonder if there is any way we could trade a few of these bikes for a speeder that's less Imperial."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Next

Return to In Context