Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 pm

"There's something going on up ahead." BX said in a loud whisper to the rest of his team. "Lets check it out - after me!"

With that, the droid waved the other two forward and headed further down the tunnel at good speed.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Baron Fel » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Caiden watched in horror as his new commander found herself dragged into the muck. Willing himself to action, the pilot began to shout into the commlink that he had been using to banter with Orrin while drawing his pistol. "Telle is down, people," he said, "Something's alive down here."

Flicking his pistol to stun, Caiden squinted through the darkness in search of their new foe. Catching a glimpse of movement, he snapped off a shot. The creature grunted in pain, but the extent of the damage was shrouded by darkness and sewer water. "I think I clipped it fellas, but I'd sure appreciate some back up."

Spoiler:
Incidental: Chatter
Maneuver: Draw Weapon
Incidental: Switch to Stun
Action: Shoot

Shooting the Muck Monster (Ranged Light): 1eP+3eA+1eD+1eC+3eS 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Can I spend the Triumph to crit/knock the beasty out?

Edit: This was with the looted blaster pistol, so it's Damage 6 before soak or other effects.
User avatar
Baron Fel
Level 3
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:52 pm

The beast's thrashing intensifies and in the dim light you can barely make out that the disturbed muck has retreated from you.

The creature is now at medium range, along with its bound captive. Congrats.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Joran ran in pursuit pulling out his own blaster pistol and setting it to stun.

"Down this way!"

Joran's shot just missed the...whatever it is.

Joran looked frantic. They didn't have long to save Telle.

Spoiler:
Joran will draw his blaster pistol, set to stun, move to short range (2 strain) and take a shot.

http://orokos.com/roll/372948: 1eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+3eS 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jedi Ronin
Level 6
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:03 pm

The creature lashes out at its nearest attacker with a tentacle, which smashes into Joran with punishing force.

Spoiler:
attack w/DP: 3eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
correction: 1eS 0 successes
Image
Damage: 5 + 3 (successes) - 3 (soak) = 5 wounds.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Orrin

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:53 am

"Hold on!!! We're coming!!!", yells Orrin down the sewer hall, knowing it's not likely to be heard from so far away in these circumstances. Perhaps it is just to ease his conscience as he knows he is unable to give aid at this point.

Spoiler:
Using maneuvers to get down the hall to the "Y". Whether he could have done so after BX made him aware last round, or not, up to the GM. IF at the "Y" from last round(which would be long range), he'll use another double maneuver to close the distance, again.
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 7
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:30 am

V'Jax reverses course and runs back through the tunnels behind Orrin, moving as fast as he can to get to Telle.

Spoiler:
V'Jax will basically execute the same series of maneuvers as Orrin.
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:54 pm

BX looked around as the sudden yelling came through both his comlink and his auditory sensors. Much to his surprise, he found the rest of his team running back the way they came rather then the way he had just indicated they should go. He sprinted after them, and a few steps in his processors finally caught up with the conversation and told him why.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Baron Fel » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:23 am

Following the muck monster, Caiden was startled by a soft blue glow that seemed to come from the mushrooms on the side of the pipes. At a better time, they might almost have appeared beautiful--even though they were probably the result of some sort of nasty Imperial sewage. Now, however, Caiden doesn't have the time to appreciate the local vegetation.

Raising his pistol, he shoots after the fleeing beast but his stun bolt misses and harmlessly sizzles out in a pile of mud.

Spoiler:
Moving from medium to short ; Shooting

Ranged (Light): 1eP+3eA+1eD+1eC+2eS 1 failure
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Baron Fel
Level 3
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:20 am

"I think a dianoga has grabbed Telle, six arms, amphibious, really hard to kill!" Joran shouts to his comrades.

Joran wipes sweat away from his brow with the back of his hand and takes careful aim at where he last saw the dianoga and fires.
His blaster shot fizzled in the dirty water.

Spoiler:
Action: Missed Blaster shot
Blaster Attack: 1eP+1eA+2eB+2eS+1eC+1eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maneuver: Aim
Maneuver: Aim (2 Strain)
User avatar
Jedi Ronin
Level 6
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:35 am

The dianoga lashes out with another of its six tentacles at its nearest nuisance, which happens to be Caiden. The thick limb completely wraps around his torso and legs (pinning his arms to his sides), crushingly tight, and drags him under the muck. In a timely stroke of fortune for Telle, the creature inexplicably loosens its grip on her as it attacks her companion. She slides out from within the entangling loops of the tentacle that was holding her, but she is still completely submerged in the muck.

Spoiler:
attack w/DP: 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eB 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
5 base + 3 (successes) - 3 (soak) = 5 wounds.
I'm expending the Triumph to trigger Ensnare and snatch Caiden. He is immobilized.
The best use of the threats, from the party's perspective, is to release Telle. Congrats, she can now try to breathe (and act).

Destiny Pool: ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▪
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 pm

As the dianoga roiled the fetid water Joran still had his blaster pistol at the ready and he fired off another shot which went wide.

Spoiler:
http://orokos.com/roll/377666: 2eP+2eB+2eS+2eC 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Action: Blaster attack with Destiny Point
Maneuver: Aim
Maneuver: Aim (2 Strain)
User avatar
Jedi Ronin
Level 6
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Telle stumbled forward and took a gasping breath, coughing and spluttering. "Joran...Caiden!" She said loudly, seeing the first but not the other. "Joran, what is that thing?"

Spoiler:
1 maneuver to stand up (if necessary...otherwise, a maneuver to get away from the thing)
1 maneuver to take a defensive stance (+1 melee defense)
OOC: I was hoping to get this question in before Joran went...is it okay if we play loose with the initiative order and he can answer Telle?
User avatar
awaypturwpn
Level 5
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 pm

"Don't worry Trooper, I know just what to do!" BX called out as he rushed forward towards the monster and it's captive. His tactical analysis software informed him that the best option when facing megafauna was to shoot it. So he prepared to do just that. Coming up a few meters short of where Caiden and the Dianoga were thrashing around in the low water, he raised his rifle to his mechanical shoulder and sighted carefully down the weapon. A few quick discharges sent bright red bolts into the wall around the creature, both spotting and startling it as it was getting it's grip.

Spoiler:
Maneuver: Medium to Short
Maneuver: True Aim (2 strain)
Action: Ranged (Heavy)
Note: Built-in scanner goggles eliminate darkness penalty.
Ranged (Light): 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Awww… Guess we'll go with a blue to next action, and a blue to my teammate Orrin.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

moving into range

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Seeing the ineffectiveness of recent blaster bolts and knowing his own talents, Orrin draws his vibro-ax and moves in. "Got to get in CLOSE to get at this creature.", he thinks to himself.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: medium-to-short
Maneuver: draw vibro-ax
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 7
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm

As V'Jax catches up to BX, he watches the droid's shots go wild and catches a brief glimpse of the creature's bulk through the muck by the flash of the blaster bolts. "BX, lower and ten degrees to the left should put you on target and clear of Caiden!"

Spoiler:
Maneuver from Medium to Short
Maneuver to Assist BX (granting a Boost to BX's next action)
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:22 pm

The dianoga, annoyed at all the blaster fire and motion nearby, lashes out at the nearest loose prey ... which happens to be Telle (as she failed to distance herself when she had the opportunity to do so). Two tentacles reach out to her, one wrapping tightly around her once more while the other beats her into submission as the creature prepares to ingest her.

Spoiler:
aimed attack w/DP: 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eB 3 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
correction: 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
Image
Damage: 5 (base) + 3 (successes) - 4 (soak) = 4 wounds (at 9/12)
Triumph 1: Telle is (again) Ensnared and immobilized.
Triumph 2: (Linked) Second tentacle for another 4 wounds and goes unconscious (13/12).
crit: 1d100 32

Destiny Pool: ○○○○○○○●●
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:57 pm

"Roger, Roger" BX replied, the automatic and almost emotionless response a symptom of all his processors being focused on the fine maneuvering control of the rifle as he followed the thrashing monster. His legs locked in the muck, the battle droid walked the blaster bolts down from his initial shots and across the way V'jax had recommended, sending bright scarlet into the creature's tentacles.

Spoiler:
Maneuver: Aim (True Aim)
Maneuver: Aim (2) (2 strain)
Action: Attack (Ranged Heavy) (Destiny)
Ranged (Heavy): 4eP+4eB+1eC+1eD 4 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Woo! Can I spend 1 Triumph to free Caiden, and 1 to free Telle?
(I realize she'll still be unconscious and suffocating, but at least she won't be being eaten, and someone could grab her and pull her out of the water)
And to advantage to give a boost to Orrin.
Also, 9+4 damage.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

melee vs dianoga

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Moving forward Orrin takes a wide swing with his vibro-ax into the murky water, not being sure if he will hit friend or foe. But it is a chance he has to take...
Spoiler:
Maneuver to Advance
Action: Attack with Vibro-ax
(Using DP & Frenzied Attack)
melee vs dianoga (DP & FA upgrades): 4eP+1eA+2eB+1eD+1eC+2eS 4 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Triumph=Critical +10previous crit+30vicious+10 for 2Adv spent (+50%)
12 Damage (before soak) AND 2 Pierce
critical roll: 1d100+50 106
106% = presence reduced by '1'
critical 106% attribute roll: 1d100 85
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 7
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:33 pm

The dianoga, though sorely wounded by the attacks from BX and Orrin, is still alive.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Seeing the creature's tentacles flailing in response to BX and Orrin's attacks, V'Jax is sure that it must have released Telle. He wades deeper into the muck and focuses on the area where he saw her get pulled under. Within seconds he finds her and gets her head back above water. V'Jax has got to get her to Joran as quickly as possible.

Spoiler:
Perception to Locate Telle: 1eP+2eA+1eD+2eS 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maneuver to engage with Telle.
Perception to find her.
Maneuver to lift Telle. (2 strain)
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Baron Fel » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:42 pm

As the dianoga's tentacles briefly relax their grip on him, Caiden kicks himself free of the beast. Staggering to his feet, the pilot lurches away from the muck covered monstrosity coughing and gasping for breath. All jokes are gone as he turns and fires the blaster pistol that he had managed to keep in his possession. Flipping his pistol from stun to kill, the jockey began to fire at the same spot as BX. As the creature writhed in pain, Caiden was pleased to see these shots proving more effective than his earlier actions. "Looks like our droid found a weak spot. Let's bring this stinky sonuva Sith down."

Spoiler:
Manuever: Stand
Maneuver: Move from Engaged to Short (2 strain)
Action: Ranged (Light) at the Dianoga
Ranged (Light): 1eP+3eA+1eC+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So that's 8 damage (6 base + 2 success). I'll use the advantage to pass a boost to the next attack.
User avatar
Baron Fel
Level 3
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 pm

The creature gives one last spasm, and then vanishes into the muck with a gurgle of bubbles which sound very much like a titan passing gas.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6001
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Dr Lucky » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:49 pm

V'Jax looks for a reasonably level surface above the water level as he carries Telle to the medic.
"Joran, quickly!"
User avatar
Dr Lucky
Level 4
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:36 am

Joran made his way quickly to Telle, his legs sloshing in the water filled tunnel.
Joran pulled a small device out of his medical backpack and began resuscitating Telle.
Her breathing came back in sputtering gulps.
Satisfied she was breathing again, Joran looked her over assessing her injuries.
He expertly retrieved a stimpack from his medical backpack and applied it to Telle.

"Looks like you'll pull through, ma'am".

"We should get back to the base so I can properly treat her. In any case, we're in no shape to walk around Iziz."

Spoiler:
CPR
Medicine: 3eD+2eA+2eP+1eB 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Telle recovers 6 wounds
Stimpack: 5 Wounds (Medical backback produces 1 Stimpack per encounter)
Stimpack Specialization: +1 Wound


Spoiler:
Discipline: Recover Strain: 2eA 2 successes
ImageImage
Recovered 2 Strain, total Strain now 7
Last edited by Jedi Ronin on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jedi Ronin
Level 6
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to In Context

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
suspicion-preferred