Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Strike Force Isk - Operation: Shadowpoint (IC)

Postby Baron Fel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Caiden just shakes his head at Orrin's plight. "The Empire's engineers couldn't build a Death Star that could stop one Rebel pilot, but they can build a sewer grate capable of stopping an entire strike team."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:40 am

"I think we have the wonders of Onderonian engingeering to thank, here," Telle said. "I wonder if it was originally designed to keep local animals out?

"Thanks, BeeEx, for taking care of that,"
she called quietly over her shoulder.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Dr Lucky » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Working quickly and professionally, V'Jax takes the fusion cutter to the grate again. Sparks flash across his goggles as he cuts Orrin free.

Spoiler:
Fusion Cutter to free Orrin: 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eS 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'll pass a boost to the next person (hopefully Joran treating the wound he inflicted on V'Jax)

"Finally..."
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Postby Baron Fel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm

As the team begins to make their way down the rest of the sewage pipe, Caiden whispers to Telle, "You know boss, I gotta say I'm confused about something. Why did the Alliance send a pilot if we can't fly? I'm a lot more useful in a cockpit than all of..." He gestures expressively, sweeping his arm out at the filth, "this."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:24 am

"Who says we won't need to fly at some point soon?" Telle asked, rhetorically.

"I don't always understand why Command does what they do, but you've already been very useful on this mission. And just because you haven't had the chance to be Mr. Hotshot Pilot yet, doesn't mean that you won't get that chance sometime in the near future. In the meantime...just try not to step in anything down here."
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:02 am

"I've been useful? Thanks boss, I didn't know that you'd noticed. I'm touched," lifting his boot gingerly out of the muck he continues, "But next time we send the droid through the sewers while we walk in on the main road, Empire be damned."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 am

"Hey, I offered..."
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Mission accomplished???

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:17 pm

Orrin quips sarcastically,"Whew! Sewer grate defeated, mission accomplished!"

"Are we actually going to DO SOMETHING in this town besides wrestle with sewer system grates and stand around admiring the smell? What's next chief?"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:04 pm

"Well, we need supplies. And this is the only city around here. We are largely doing some recon and seeing what we can buy here in town. Our guys from Darrastead seem to be clueless about Iziz, and we have almost zero intel on the place. We just need to explore the city a bit, get a good lay of the land, and make some gear purchases, if possible."
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Joran pulled some medical supplies out of his ECM-598 medical backpack.

"Hold still, V'Jax, I'll have you patched up in no time."

In a matter of minutes Joran was examining the wound he'd treated and bandaged.

"Alright, you should be fit for duty again."

Joran managed a weak smile.
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby Baron Fel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Shrugging, Caiden set off down the sewer. For once he was silent, overcome by the aroma of rotting fish and vegetables. While Telle may been thinking of more militant gear, Caiden only wanted a pair of clean clothes and a quick sonic shower.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:58 pm

After crawling through several dozen meters of cramped, slimy, crud-encrusted sewage drain you come upon a 'Y' fork. Both branches are equally dark, with an almost equally foul-smelling stench. One branch just ever so slightly reeks worse than the other. The air in both is stagnant, providing no helpful hint as to which might lead to a useful opening.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:34 pm

"Split up," Telle said quietly, taking the left passage. "Caiden and Joran, with me. The rest of you, that way. And keep your comms on."
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:49 pm

"Yes, maam"
Joran faced the direction Telle had indicated and waited for the group to head out.
Jedi Ronin
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 am

"Roger, Roger." BX replied automatically. Bringing his rifle up to the ready, he took his first couple of cautious steps down the tunnel he was directed to. With his olfactory sensor turned off and no clothes to soil, the droid was in general not finding this expidition nearly as unpleasant as several of his fellows. Indeed, part of him was feeling right at home, as it reminded him of the old infiltration missions he was designed for. After a few steps along the well used drainage system, he raised a hand in some kind of hand signal.

"Alright Team," he said, "Follow me."

He gestured forward before starting to stalk along the pipeline, seemingly oblivious to the fact none of the others could see in the dark like he could.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Question

Postby DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 am

"Hey, boss. How are we going to look about this city when we're armed to the teeth and dripping in raw sewage?", asks Orrin in a cheerful but somewhat sarcastic tone. "Was I in the restroom when someone said, 'Instead of walking in like normal people and having a look around, how about we go through the sewer instead?' "
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Baron Fel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:52 pm

"Orrin, we've already made that complaint," replies Caiden with exaggerated earnestness, "Do try to keep up with the banter. We need something fresh."

Bending low to look for tracks or markings, Caiden is disappointed when the light on his glowrod fizzles out. Cursing, he drops the rod in the sewage where it sinks beneath the surface with an audible pop. With no better options, he hurries after Joran--staying close to him and his light source.
Last edited by Baron Fel on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby Dr Lucky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:09 pm

V'Jax grunts his thanks to Joran before pulling his own glow rod out of a pocket and hurrying down the tunnel after BX. As he walks, he shoves a plug of aromatic thessel bark into his cheek, hoping to minimize the smell. V'Jax doesn't find the sewers pleasant, but all things considered, he's crawled around in worse. At least they're moving.
Dr Lucky
Level 4

Re: Question

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:16 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:"Was I in the restroom when someone said, 'Instead of walking in like normal people and having a look around, how about we go through the sewer instead?' "

"I think we were all a bit out to lunch when we decided to go this route, Orrin," Telle replied. "Have you noticed that we seem to routinely make things more complicated than they need to be?"
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Baron Fel wrote:"Orrin, we've already made that complaint," replies Caiden with exaggerated earnestness, "Do try to keep up with the banter. We need something fresh."

"Need something "FRESH"? Is that your attempt at making a joke? Forgive me, but Klatooinians perhaps don't find humor in that sense of irony."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby awaypturwpn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 pm

"Hey! Your sense of humor is already improving!" Telle told Orrin with a smile.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

Postby Baron Fel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:39 pm

"Orrin, buddy," replied the pilot, "Telle endorsed my cooking earlier. Think about what that means."

After a pause he adds, "And 'fresh' is a relevant pun. Learn to laugh."
Baron Fel
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:10 am

Caiden hears a soft slithering sound coming from directly in front of Telle a second before something long, slender, and darkly glistening in her glowstick's light manifests in an explosive eruption of putrid water and yanks her down beneath the surface of the now violently-disturbed muck (from her thrashing around).

Spoiler:
attack: 2eP+2eA+2eD+2eB 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Damage: 5 (base) + 3 (successes) - 4 (soak) = 4 wounds. Telle is also immobilized underwater.
BX hears a commotion, but to his receptors it sounds like it is coming from ahead of him in the same tunnel that he is in. No one else hears anything.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby awaypturwpn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Before she knew what was happening, Telle was on her back underneath the sludge. She tried to scream, but couldn't. She tried going for her blaster, but her arms were stuck at her side. After a moment's panic, she regained her composure and concentrated on conserving oxygen.
awaypturwpn
Level 5

next...

Postby DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
BX hears a commotion, but to his receptors it sounds like it is coming from ahead of him in the same tunnel that he is in. No one else hears anything.

Noticing that the line of people has momentarily stopped moving, Orrin shouts toward the front of the line, "Hey! What's the holdup up there?"

Spoiler:
This 'waiting' probably counts as Orrin's turn this round since he has nothing to react to, ...yet.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

PreviousNext

Return to In Context