Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (OOC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Computers: 2eA+2eP+1eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm

DoctorWho wrote:EDIT: If I build a Gank, could some of the Rebel provided gear be given to him/her in cybernetic parts?

All of the cyber gear is rarity-6+ as well as very expensive. Prosthetics, yes. Cyber, no. Sorry.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Jedi Ronin wrote:Computers: 2eA+2eP+1eD 4 successes, 1 advantage

Joran also notices the ventilation shafts. Tick tock...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:17 am

Besides wondering why no one is posting IC (or even OOC), I thought that I should mention to DocWho that when creating a melee beast using a species that starts with a 3 in Brawn allows you to be able to afford to raise Brawn to a 5. Sure, you won't have as many ranks in skills and talents as you could with a Brawn of only 4, but a 5-dice pool is awesome, especially for a melee beast.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Yeah, that was my thought.

I'll have an answer for if I can do this or not the week of Jan 16th, after classes start back up at my uni.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:06 pm

Well, hopefully, the other players will start posting IC before then and we can progress the story. I hate the holiday season. Every year, thus far since way back when I started GMing Saga Edition SWRPG, it has cost me PbP players who disappear sometime after Thanksgiving and are never seen again. It seems that it's already cost us Dr. Lucky this particular year and I'm hoping no one else drops out. Quicksilver still pops on to the board for a quick peek about once a week or so (latest visit being today). I just hope she's able to return to posting in January. I miss her active presence on this board.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:12 am

I am back after replacing a fired video card.
smkeyes
Level 1

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:21 am

Sorry to hear about the fried card.

Looks like charges are set, there's a countdown to explosion, and we head back to try and get out of the Arda base.
DeepSpacer
Level 8

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:23 am

(Needless to say...) We leave.
Likely through the landing port in the rear of the base since troopers pursued us from the hangar.
DeepSpacer
Level 8

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:55 am

smkeyes wrote:Sandra had followed Joran and the others into the bases power generating room and had just taken cover behind a control panel to cover the doorway when Joran shot the doors control panel sealing them inside the room.

Sandra quickly scanned the room looking for any exits other than the one they had come through.

You've made a mistake in remembering where things happened, and room descriptions. The door control that was shot was in the Command Center. The power generator room was accessed via a hatch in the floor of the Command Center. And there is no space for more than one person at the control panel to the generators (and no space behind them), so she cannot "take cover" where she says she is. In fact, there is no place to take cover in the generator room, as the way you got in was from a hatch that is now overhead (obviously no cover from above) and down a ladder. The most that Sandra could do is just stand there at the foot of the ladder, along with everyone else except Joran (in a nice group just ripe as grenade-bait) and aim her gun at the hatch over her head.

Please edit your IC post.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 am

edited the post to be correct
smkeyes
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:21 am

So Sandra did not go down the ladder into the generator room, she remained in the Command Center (alone)? Doing this will cause her to be 3 turns behind the rest of the group as they make their escape. She won't get to a space-capable vehicle before getting caught in the blast with such a delay.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:42 am

No she was the last person to go down the ladder into the generator room. She didn't stay in the command room but followed the rest of the team down the ladder.
smkeyes
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 am

Ah, sorry, I misread your post. My laptop battery was running low at the burger joint where I was at. I just drove to another wi-fi location, one with electrical outlets (Wendy's), where I'll hang out the rest of today.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hangar

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Looks like Kip will join the shuttle and try to use his Leadership skills to some benefit (something I'll have to look up later).

BX will jump in an X-wing.
V'Jax goes for a Y-wing. He likes their armament.
(Assuming I'm still making their moves.)
DeepSpacer
Level 8

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:54 pm

smkeyes wrote:Sandra dash across the hanger making her way towards one of the available T-65B X-wings that are available. Reaching the ship she quickly stashes the Rucksack and blaster rifle in the storage compartment and secures it shut. Then in a single graceful movement she boards the X-wing.

You don't have time to store stuff and get in the cockpit and exit the hangar before time runs out. If you take an extra round to mess with the storage compartment your fighter will take blast damage, as it will still be deep inside the hangar when the BOOM happens. Your choice.

2 rounds to reach the fighter. 1 round to climb aboard and get seated. 1 round to punch it (exit the hangar). 4 rounds (minutes) total, and there is less than 4 minutes left.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Hangar

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:Looks like Kip will join the shuttle and try to use his Leadership skills to some benefit (something I'll have to look up later).

BX will jump in an X-wing.
V'Jax goes for a Y-wing. He likes their armament.
(Assuming I'm still making their moves.)

Yes, you are still making their moves, for which I'm thankful.

Kip has no trouble getting aboard the GR-75. Depending on what Joran chooses to do, Kip may be the last person to get on the transport before the ship engages her repulsorlifts and the ramp starts to rise (Kip, perhaps with Joran, being on the rising ramp as the transport lifts off).

BX is able to snag the last unoccupied X-wing. V'Jax has no trouble claiming one of the two Y-wings.

If DocWho does decide to commit, his character will be on the GR-75.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:22 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
smkeyes wrote:Sandra dash across the hanger making her way towards one of the available T-65B X-wings that are available. Reaching the ship she quickly stashes the Rucksack and blaster rifle in the storage compartment and secures it shut. Then in a single graceful movement she boards the X-wing.

You don't have time to store stuff and get in the cockpit and exit the hangar before time runs out. If you take an extra round to mess with the storage compartment your fighter will take blast damage, as it will still be deep inside the hangar when the BOOM happens. Your choice.

2 rounds to reach the fighter. 1 round to climb aboard and get seated. 1 round to punch it (exit the hangar). 4 rounds (minutes) total, and there is less than 4 minutes left.

2 rounds to reach the fighter, 1 round to store the gear, incidental to climb aboard and get seated (talent Let's Ride), 1 round to punch it (exit the hanger).
smkeyes
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Great talent. So she won't have a pack jammed against her shins and an E-11 in her lap. Comfy.

Never had a character in any of my games with that talent before. None of the pilots in my Far Orbit game currently have it.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Joran will board the GR-75. He's not much of a pilot.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes it is a great talent for a pilot and it is a 1st row 5pt talent at that.
smkeyes
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:05 pm

I forgot that, since the Rebel side won some of the Mass Combat checks, there is also an A-wing interceptor in the hangar. If anyone wishes to choose that craft instead.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:07 pm

V'Jax is a demolitions guy and will pick whichever is known to be more heavily armed.
DeepSpacer
Level 8

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 pm

The Y-wings are the most heavily-armed Rebel fighters (until the B-wing joins the fleet), but they (along with the obsolete Z-95s) are also the slowest Rebel fighters. The A-wing is more lightly armed than the X and Ys, but it's even faster than a TIE/ln (and the same speed as the new TIE interceptor).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby smkeyes » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:20 pm

cool check

cool check: 1eA+1eP 0 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImage
smkeyes
Level 1

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context