Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

Postby Jedi Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Seeing Joran freeze up - BX turned his attention to the Evarrian closing in on Joran.
BX's programming didn't normally allow for safety protocols when a shot could potentially harm an ally but some of his Alliance upgraded routines were activated and he took careful aim to not hit Joran. Surely he wouldn't be as fallible as V'Jax...

BX's squezed several shots from his blaster rilfe at the rearing Evarrian and each bolt went into it's open maw...

Spoiler:
Maneuver: True Aim
Action: Attack
Spend DP on attack
Blaster Rifle Attack: 1eA+4eP+2eB+1eC 3 successes, 6 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
12 Damage
IF Damage does not kill Evarrian:
1 Triumph + 6 Success: Critical with +20
Critical Hit +20: 1d100 61
Critical Result: 81 Winded - Target cannot voluntarily suffers Strain to to activate abilities or take extra manuevers
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Sandra, ignoring the danger right in front of her, sights down one of her pistols at the creature attacking the helpless medic. The bolt blows the head off of the insectoid, splattering hot ichor and bits of chitin onto Joran. Sandra then steps back from the creature in front of her, continuing to dance with it and make herself a more difficult target to catch.

The last insectoid re-engages the Rebel pilot, but her dancing about pays off and none of its strikes land.

Spoiler:
aimed attack w/DP: 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eC 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

attack w/DP: 3eP+2eD+1eS 0 successes
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 am

Horrified at shooting a friend, V'Jax flipped his blaster pistol to stun and lined up his shot, licking his lips he fired off several rounds all of which bounced off the beast's carapace.

Spoiler:
Incidental: Flip blaster to Stun
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Attack
Spend DP
Attack - Stun: 3eP+1eB+1eC 1 failure, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
3 Advantage: Pass on 3 Boost to next PC
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri May 12, 2017 6:39 am

Kip, seeing V'Jax's caution flicked his blaster rifle into it's stun setting, and fired off a volley of energy bolts slamming the side of the creature grasping and clawing at Sandra...

Spoiler:
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/516061]
Incidental: Set rifle to Stun
Maneuver: Aim
Action: attack
Attack - Blaster Rifle Stun[/url]: 2eA+4eB+1eC 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
12 Damage
1 Advantage: Notice something useful
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 12, 2017 7:03 am

The last Evarrian hunter collapses. At the edge of visibility, Kip spots an enormous insectoid, easily 6+ meters in length, with a distended abdomen. Dwarfed by this creature, a quartet of much smaller, human-sized insectoids huddle near it.

Spoiler:
It's Silhouette 3, and the progeny are Sil 1.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri May 12, 2017 3:19 pm

"Uhhh, we need to regroup and find a defensible position here; Sandra, try to find a good spot somewhere nearby where we can observe them. V'Jax and Kip, could you carry me and BX cover us..." Joran tried to remain calm giving out orders.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 12, 2017 3:57 pm

As Kip and V'Jax start to lift him, Joran begins to feel tingling and random minor spasms of all the muscles in his limbs. Less than a minute later full feeling and control of his body returns.

Spoiler:
You may now do post-battle recovery.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon May 15, 2017 8:01 am

Joran had Sandra sit down on as dry a patch of ground as they could fine and pulled off his medical backpack.
He applied a stim to her wounds to kill the pain and begin the healing process, he then bound them.
"Not much to be done about bedside manner here in the jungle but I think you'll be back to normal in no time...alright, Kip you're next"

Joran repeated the process again on Kip. "Not perfect but not too bad considering the alternative." Joran tried a bit of humor.

"I've never had to deal with wounds like this," Joran thought to himself. "Like usual, things are different in the field than in the text book."

Joran tried to mend his own wounds but to no avail, the toxin while neutralized for the most part was still interfering with his body's natural functions. But the stim packs seemed to be doing their work and Joran was soon on his feet ready to discuss what to do next.

"Taking out the nest will be very dangerious, so, lets assess. How much a threat is this nest to the base and our operations? Is this nest a better barrier to an encroaching enemy?"

Spoiler:
1. Joran will use a Stim Pack on Sandra (7 Wounds) then make an Easy Medicine check on Sandra:
Medicine on Sandra: 2eA+2eP+1eB+1eD 1 success, 3 advantage

2. Joran will use a Stim Pack on Kip (6 Wounds) then make an Easy Medicine check on Kip:
Medicine on Kip: 2eA+2eP+1eB+1eD 1 success, 3 advantage

3. Joran will use a Stim Pack on himself (6 Wounds) then make a Hard Medicine check on himself:
Medicine on self: 2eA+2eP+1eB+3eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/quote]
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

nest threat

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 am

"My thoughts, exactly, Joran.", quips Kip. "I was thinking the same thing just before the attack. Why is anything THIS far out a concern for the base?"

"I figure that this is just as much a barrier to potential Imperial forces as it is to us. But this far out, it will only affect others. ....Besides, the Alliance isn't in the habit of extinguishing native species unless they're a threat. Our job was to assess the threat. Mission complete."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun May 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Joran orders that the party very cautiously search the area, keeping well away from the queen's nest as they blunder through the jungle. In a few minutes the team comes across the initial scouting party's tracks and some dropped gear.

Spoiler:
You find a couple of E-11 blaster rifles, a GP scanner, a dented partially-full canteen, and bloody scraps of Rebel field uniforms, thoroughly shredded backpacks, and torn apart load-bearing gear.

Following the tracks, you come to a small clearing with a hole in the tree canopy leading to open sky. In the center of the clearing, somebody has arranged a group of rocks and vines into a pile, with moss and other vegetation scattered about to help camouflage it. The tracks lead to the pile and around it, with the dirt seemingly disturbed.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 pm

"What IS this? Some sort of burial mound by the former scouting party? Maybe a small lift or bike? ....a trap maybe?" Kip warily moves slightly closer to get a better look, noticing to peak between the stones, if possible.
Spoiler:
pile of rocks and plants...: 3eA 5 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImage.....GM can roll difficulty.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 am

Inside the pile, someone has dug a small hole. The hole is empty, but there is an impression there like something once sat within. The depression in dirt is a ten-centimeter square, the approximate size of a portable power pack, with a few scraps of cut-up wire.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 am

"This is recent. But not recent enough to be the scout unit. Has to be our spy right? Who else would come out here..." Joran looked around the area. "Either the spy was unbelievably lucky or they set something up here hoping the nest would protect it. Or they were working on something here..." Joran considered the next possible steps carefully.

"There might be more evidence in the area the traitor left behind that the nest is obscuring. Or this just might be it. What do you think? Do we destroy the nest and look for more evidence? It's risky but I think our duty to find the traitor is worth it..."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Spy?

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 am

"A spy? I suppose you're right. It's either one of us or someone who was living here before us. And I see no signs of the latter. We should maybe consider that some sort of signaling device has already been made. We should thoroughly research the area."

"Perhaps with our long-range rifles we can make quick work of the this nest at a safe distance?" Kip suggests.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am

"I agree with Kip Syndulla's assessment. If we stay at long range we should be able to effectively engage the queen without putting ourselves at undue risk. Though those creatures have lots of legs. They can probably move at speed." BX repositioned his blaster rifle to the ready position and turned the direction of the nest."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 am

Joran walked back the way they had come trying to avoid the muckier parts of the swampy terrain until he could see the nest again in the distance. Joran surveyed the area.

"That's our spot. We'll blast the queen from that little hill there." Joran looked at V'Jax.

"V'Jax can you rig up some grenades or explosives between us and the nest to hit any beasties that try to charge us? We'll cover you while you do so in case they attack."
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

sneaking out...

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 am

"Alright..." says V'Jax begrudgingly. V'Jax slips down the hill to the bottom. He figures the insects will come in a straight line and will plant his anti-personnel mine to fan out in that direction.
Spoiler:
V'Jax Stealth to set charges: 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImage per RAWTriumph = "Identify way to completely distract opponent for duration of scene." ....perhaps the enemy loses track of him?
As he moves slowly about, the adversaries pay him no mind.
Spoiler:
V'Jax has an anti-personnel mine on his sheet. Does placing such a thing require a Mechanics roll? AP Mine: 12D 3cr engaged range, Vicious 4, Blast 4+1(for Talent: Powerful Blast)
DeepSpacer
Level 7

It begins....

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri May 26, 2017 6:39 pm

V'Jax sets his charges, looks back, and gives a knowing-nod to his allies from under the cover of stealth. With this, he pulls a frag grenade and hurls it towards the Queen!
Spoiler:
(Per house rules, Medium Range at 2D)
Grenade Launch: 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImage
Frag Grenade 8D + 1Succ + 1PwrflBlast = 10D

A small explosion sends debris into the air as the queen and it's minions scuttle about in chaos.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 am

The Queen survives the direct hit by the grenade, shielding her larvae from blast and shrapnel.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Previous

Return to In Context