Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Strike Force Isk - Onslaught at Arda I (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 am

"What does Bess have to say about it? I presume Setenna and Qurno have been informed? What have they said?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:01 am

"Bess said the devices aren't jammers, they're subspace communication devices. Jamming was just a side-effect. We didn't say much to Setenna ... one of her staff is one of our strongest suspects and we haven't had a chance to talk to her alone. We haven't talked to Qurno yet. In theory, he's a suspect as well, though not very likely. We thought we should narrow down the field more and get some better evidence before escalating things to the command staff."

Joran wiped his brow and took a swig from his drink. "I haven't had any training for this type of, uh, operation. I hope I make fewer mistakes than the spy. What do you suggest?"
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 am

"If you suspect Lieutenant Narek, and wish to separate him from Setenna so that you can speak to her privately, then the best way to do that is to have Commander Qurno think up of some task to send Narek on that will keep him away from Setenna long enough for you to speak with her. Convincing Qurno of your fears and suspicions will be more difficult than convincing Setenna. If you get Qurno to support you..."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:40 pm

"Hmmm" Joran considered the advice.

"It's said that it never hurts to ask but in this case it might. We really don't have enough evidence to openly accuse anyone. But maybe we can convince Qurno and Setenna to support our investigation to get evidence. If they don't go for it, we'll have to be even more careful in our investigation. I guess you're right though. We should start with them to do this properly. Raising some suspicions with them might make it harder for Lt. Narek or whomever it is to operate. Thanks." Joran emptied the rest of his drink as he finished.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Thinking things over for a moment, Joran continued.

"How can we corner Qurno?"

Haydon indicated the two best options were his quarters or the senior officers' ward room.

"Thanks Haydon, maybe we'll talk later?"

Joran stood up and whispered to Kip "I think our best shot of finding him alone is his quarters." Joran left the mess area and made his way to where the officers were quartered, running through in his mind how he'd blend in while hovering around Qurno's quarters. Hopefully they wouldn't have long to wait. Or maybe he was already there?

Soon enough they stood in front of Qurno's room. Joran depressed the button on the panel indicating someone was at the door...
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:09 pm

From within you hear a growled, "Enter!"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 am

"Good luck Kip," Joran joked in a low voice with a wry smile on his face.
Joran pressed another button on the door panel and the door opened.
Joran stepped foward into the room and to one side giving Kip room to address Commander Qurno.

"Commander, we hate to interrupt your rest but this is important..." Joran paused to let Kip present their case.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Qurno

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 pm

{Saluting} "Commander Qurno. Apologies for disturbing you at such an hour. We've come across information concerning the Imperial assault on Arda.

"We've recovered an Imperial relay device that was planted in close proximity to the Arda Base and believe it was used to signal the Empire as to the location of the base. Captain Bess has dismantled the device and authenticated that it is indeed Imperial.

"Furthermore, suspects include all low-level officers who could have both had free access to the hangar in order to smuggle the devices in, and could have the ability to leave the base unnoticed to plant the devices. The person or persons would have had to of known base procedures well to have escaped detection.

"We'd like to bring this to Setenna's attention, but in the absence of any low-level officers."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 am

"You suspect Lieutenant Narek?" the Duros asks.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 am

"Yes, Sir. We don't have evidence but circumstantially and logically he's the most likely at this point. We did see someone we couldn't identify trying to pry one of these devices loose in the Arda I base hangar but they ran off into the tunnels. Minutes later we reported to command and Lieutenant Narek was there and out of breath. He would also have the freedom of movement to have planted the devices." Joran finished in a jumble. He hoped the accusation made some sense to someone else.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

the plea

Postby DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:05 pm

"Time is running out, Commander. If we settle at a new location without apprehending the current traitor, then the next base will be compromised as well."
Spoiler:
Making a Plea for Assistance: 2eP+2eA+3eB+2eC+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Per Success: Gain an extra scene in which target is willing to support you for each additional
Per Adv: Affect unexpected subjects beyond the original target.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:07 pm

"I'll see that the lieutenant is busy elsewhere for a while. He may be her aide, but I outrank him and we're a little short on officers presently, courtesy of the Empire — and this traitor. I'll contact you by comlink when I've made the arrangements."

A short while later, Joran's comlink chirps. Qurno requests that Joran and Kip report to the flag bridge.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

bridge

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Spoiler:
(Needless to say, ...but seems like someone is waiting for us to say it. So.... "We go to the bridge.")
"Black and Syndulla reporting for duty."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:36 pm

The flag bridge is occupied by just three people when Joran and Kyp enter: Commander Qurno, Captain Bess, and Senior Advisor Hase. Setenna says, "I'm informed that you wished to speak with me? Privately."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:07 pm

"Yes. Based on evidence discovered on Arda just before the attack, we have reason to believe that a low-level officer, or officers, is a traitor to the Alliance. Several relay devices were found at Arda Base. The only way they could have been placed where they were was by someone inconspicuous enough to go about unnoticed, but knowledgeable and having enough authority to go where they wanted to. Hence, a low-level officer."
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 am

"We found one device on patrol outside the base - immediately before the Empire attacked. It jammed our communications. But Captain Bess informs us this is an unintended side-effect. The device is a crudely constructed communications relay device. After we'd blown the charges in the canyon, and once we were back at the base amid all the chaos, we saw someone, with a helmet disguising their identity, trying to pry another of these devices off the wall in the base hangar. Their duties were not so vital giving them a few minutes to try to remove another piece of evidence. They were not part of unit in the area. Most everyone else was running for an exit deeper inside the base but when they gave up and ran they headed for the middle tunnel - not the best route if trying to get to a transport."

Joran paused a moment to let some of the facts and circumstances to sink in.

"We don't have much evidence to make an accusation, but I'm afraid that at this point, your own assistant Lieutenant Var Narek does fit what we know so far." Joran waited to see how Setenna would respond.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:07 am

Setenna looks sharply at Joran, "Var is an officer, and has my trust. Your observations point to almost anyone that was not in the base command center at the time. It could be any one of our pilots. All of them flew patrols into the badlands and had the means and opportunity to plant the device that you retrieved. Captain Bess found no forensic evidence on that device. It's a dead end. There is no way to trace it to anyone in particular.

"I agree that we have a traitor. The timing of the attack on Arda is suspicious. If Harl hadn't confirmed to me that the comm jamming began before your team's arrival I'd say that the evidence pointed to one of you just as strongly, if not more so. I'm now inclined to think that your arrival and activities may have altered whatever plans the traitor had. But other than to tighten security, I don't see what else we can do at this point. Do you have any other evidence? Something that you haven't told us?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 am

A digital warble came from BX and his hand raised up.
"I have one detail to add!"
BX's processor pulled up his memory from his storage banks.
"Lieutenant Var Narek was noticeably and uniquely out of breath as we left the command center for the transports. He had been up to something." BX offered hopefully. His near perfect memory would lend him credibility but the fact he added was not conclusive.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 am

"Var's being out of breath after running through the corridors to reach the command center is hardly unique or proof of guilt. Everyone was running, getting to their defense posts or to the transports. But we've already taken steps to increase our security. The Commander will be keeping Mister Narek, and all other suspects, under discreet observation." Qurno nods affirmatively. "Now, is there anything else? No? Dismissed."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm

As the fleet exits hyperspace above Jagomir, you see a deep-green orb below you. Soon, your team boards a shuttle and you enter the planet's atmosphere, making your way to a plot of land that will serve as the Rebel Alliance's newest base.

Sensors show incredibly high life-form readings. They also indicate an oxygen-rich atmosphere and humid temperatures await the Rebels below on Jagomir. This swamp-covered world is far from the sectors frequented by the Imperials, making it an ideal location for a base. However, its out of the way nature makes supplies and equipment even harder to come by, requiring even more sacrifices by the Alliance. Unsure of what the future holds, the heroes' shuttle navigates into the atmosphere and towards a makeshift hangar bay that uses the natural dionaryll tree canopy in lieu of a ceiling.

Landing inside the "hangar," you immediately get the sense of foreboding and despair clinging to your fellow Rebels. The loss of the Arda I base is demoralizing, but the loss of many friends is even worse. The somber mood permeates the air, but it does not keep the dedicated members of the Alliance from doing their jobs. Equipment is unloaded across the hangar bay and onto awaiting repulsorsleds, ready for the move to the main base.

The newly established Rebel base on Jagomir has been code-named Resolute Base. The base consists of ten buildings, constructed from quickly erectable, pre-fab garrisons. The Imperial Army uses these buildings frequently since troops can easily install them on a battlefield. The Alliance acquired a number of the buildings in a raid on the 74th Imperial Garrison located in the Outer Rim. Rebel engineers have adapted the structures into more long-term uses and placed them deep in the swamps of Jagomir to serve as Resolute Base. The base quickly takes shape, and the Rebels (including the SpecForce heroes doing simple manual labor) will have it fully operational within days.

The ten pre-fab garrisons are each approximately 50 meters wide by 75 meters long. These structures feature a series of walls and roofs that lock together, making them ideal for setting up in no time. Rebel leaders have divided the base's buildings into five housing units (including a mess hall), two medical facilities, two command units, and a repair bay.

A few days after the base is assembled, Joran's team receives orders to meet with Commander Qurno in the new command center. He beckons the heroes to approach, a datapad in hand. The Duros makes an attempt at a smile and speaks to them, saying: "Your service and bravery displayed on Arda I hasn't gone unnoticed. One of our scouting parties ran afoul of some local denizens earlier today, and we need to know if these creatures pose a greater threat to the base. Can you speak with the scouts in the med bay and find out what you can about the creatures?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:57 pm

"Will do, Sir." replies Kip. "At your service!"
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

"Yes, sir" Joran saluted respectfully. "Right away, sir."

Joran looked over his team, making sure everyone was ready, then leads the group to the med bay.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am

The medical center is bustling with activity. Doctor Morrick and her assistants operate on a grievously wounded patient in an iso-lab, while various medical droids tend to minor wounds on others in the main area. Major Yalor, speaking with one of the wounded, looks up as the team enters, and approaches them. The Sullustan is tired, and his usual jovial personality is subdued and tense.

"We don't know what attacked the scouts, but whatever it was came out of the mists quickly and violently. The scouts give us jumbled reports, as many of them are still in a state of shock. However, we do know the creature, or creatures, has a virulent toxin on its appendages, so please take all necessary precautions."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Jedi Ronin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am

"What sector were they in? Do I have permission to requisition needed medical supplies then?" Joran asked the Major, glancing at Dr Morrick. "We're short on stim packs and anti-toxin. The Doc seems busy right now..."

BX perked up at the Major's description. "I might be able to get a closer look at them since I can't be poisoned. Assuming they don't like the taste of metal..." BX sounded off.
Jedi Ronin
Level 6

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am

The major answers Joran, as he points to a location on a holomap of the surrounding area, "Clik will see to your needs, as best we're able to. Supplies are severely limited after the hasty evacuation."

Spoiler:
Clik, a Verpine, was the Arda base quartermaster. He's set up in a different building than the one you're in now.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to In Context