Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Search, Rescue & Research

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am

The first few days after departing the sanctuary planet were hectic. MidDen and Eckhal had decided to stay behind for personal reasons and arrangement were made for them to contact the group when they desired to return. The Alliance notified the group through Ari that a bounty had been placed on their vessel by the Empire specifying that you were part of a pirate band operating near your recent battle. Larger bounties had been placed on the known vehicles in that operation as well. With your cover compromised the contract for deliveries for Prakith had fallen through and contact with the corporation had grown cold.

The remaining group decided to relocate to Nar Shadaa to lie low for a while. Owyn tracks down a black market contact to help with upgrading the ship's weapons and life seems to stabilize. Several months pass of tranquility and legitimate low key business being the group's routine.The tranquility is disrupted, however, by an encrypted transmission from an unexpected source. Fuerza Delta is reaching out saying she has some side work befitting of your talents.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Re: Lying Low.

Postby swrider » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 pm

As is her habit, Fuerza Delta elected to host the meeting in a rather dismal portion of the moon. Poor lighting and the absence of any visible law enforcement... or even gang enforcement, gives the area a most abandoned look. The establishment itself was rather lavish on the inside hosting a variety of species enjoying various legal and extra legal entertainments. A large cantina complete with numerous gambling stations decorated the front room while more sordid activities took place in various side locations. Seeing Ari, Hardnox and Owyn, enter an attractive Twi'lek approaches them. "Preparations for your enjoyment have been arranged. You will find everything you need in room 211 on the upper floor." She says with a smile and not-so-subtle motions of her body. "My name is Igib'wopu, but you can call me Igib. Let me know if I can be of service."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm

"Thank you, Igib, I'll keep that in mind." I wonder who she really works for? Still, it has been a while. Ari leads the group to room 211.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed May 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Several minutes before the group arrives a Sulussi gets a similar speech before making his way to the room. A mysterious message drawing him to the encounter. Entering he finds three unknown individuals.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Hass casually flicks the selector switch on the rather nonstandard-looking E-11 blaster rifle in his hands to the 'auto' setting as he hisses softly, "I am here." The weapon is pointed at the floor, not at the occupants of the room, but could be brought to bear in a second.

Spoiler:
This is Nar Shaddaa, and not one of the nicer spots, either. Having lived on the moon for nearly twenty years, he's learned to be cautious.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Fuerza points to a disassembled datapad on a table near the door. "That datapad contains information on a disabled ship offworld. You were recommended as someone who could assist the ship discretely. Please assemble the pad and review the specs."
Spoiler:
easy mechanics check

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 4:49 am

The human woman is a study in contrasts; she is sitting fairly upright, yet looks somehow rumpled as well as both tired and alert (possibly something to do with the large pot of caf close to hand). She turns her head slightly to look at Fuerza, "Is this one of the people you were expecting?" she asks raising one eyebrow as she then takes a sip from a cup held in her left hand, her right remains on the table but is otherwise empty.

The dark-furred Chadra-Fan looks up briefly from the small pile of junk on the table in front of her, waves cheerily, "Hi, hi!" she says, then goes back to tinkering with the junk. When Fuerza mentions the disassembled datapad the Chadra-Fan perks up and looks at the datapad, "Chira fix for you!"

"No, Chira, I think you've fixed it quite enough already." The human says, and ruffles the Chadra-Fan's fuzzy head with a slight smile.

"Okay! But Chira fix if snake-thing can't!"

"Of course Chira."

"Yay!"

The woman smiles at the Sluissi, "Sorry, she can get a bit...excitable around tech."
Last edited by GandofGand on Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 am

The Sluissi hisses in his native language (something about children and toys), slings his rifle onto his shoulder, then pulls a strange multi-tool and a fancy hand scanner from his shoulder tote. After using the scanner to make a quick pass over the scattered components on table, he sets to work reassembling the datapad using the cool multi-tool. In less than 30 seconds the device is assembled and fully functional. He puts both tools back in his satchel and extracts a fancy datapad, which he then connects to the other datapad. Moments later Fuerza's datapad displays a schematic diagram of the ship in question, complete with specs, while the Sluissi's own datapad contains a star map with a course plotted to the ship starting from a location in high orbit of Nar Shaddaa directly above the spot where Fuerza is standing. He hands both pads to Fuerza.

"Do you have any more tests? Perhaps something worthy of my ability? Or can we now proceed to why I was told to come here? My time is valuable."

Spoiler:
Mechanics check: 3eP+3eA+1eB+1eD 6 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The reassembled datapad's response/compute time is now 50% faster than standard for that model, and Hass has re-enabled the factory diagnostic subfunctions and inertial locator chip.

Computers & Astrogation checks: 2#1eP+5eA+1eD 1 success, 4 advantage // 8 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 am

"Assembling the datapad was more of a necessity than a test." Fuerza says giving a sidelong glance at her miniature companion. "Can you handle that ship. Its last known location has it adrift in a radioactive nebula. It's repairs are time critical"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am

"There is nothing that I cannot repair if I have the proper parts and equipment. Without such it will simply take longer than it should, perhaps longer than you require, and increase risk. The armor that I am wearing can be vacuum-sealed and shielded against radiation. Provide the necessary components, or the funds to purchase them, and I shall modify this suit to allow operations in the particular hostile environment in which that ship resides. I will supply you with a short list of tools and parts that will be required to effect the specific repairs of that ship. All of it should be simple to acquire as none of it is uncommon or expensive."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 am

Wendi frowns at the discussion, "Radiation will be a problem. Chira and I will need rad-sealed suits as well. I have a model in mind that should also be fairly easy to acquire, and I'll need some protective boxes for my medical gear — some medicine does not respond well to radiation. Should also acquire some anti-rad meds, just in case of exposure."

Chira looks up from tinkering, "Chira need best nav-map of nebula available for navigate. Also, what ship we use to get there? Chira fly anything, but need time for adjustment."
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby swrider » Thu May 04, 2017 10:31 am

"We are expecting more company. Once they arrive I'll go into details."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 am

A pretty, somewhat taller than average human female (if one appreciates such things) wearing an expensive, custom-fitted armored jacket

leads a bright-eyed, geeky-looking young male Duros wearing an off-the-rack set of armored street clothes

and a beefy, very tough-looking red Nikto wearing simple padded armor into the room.

All three new arrivals are armed to the teeth, the female carrying an Imperial-model heavy blaster rifle that's seen hard use, the Duros an Imperial-model blaster carbine, and the Nikto a wicked-looking serrated vibrosword and a serrated vibroknife on his hips. Backing them up are a pair of shield remotes and a 3PX-series protocol droid with a restraining bolt prominently affixed to its chest.

The female speaks, "I was wondering if you'd ever talk to us again. You must be desperate. What's the problem?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 11:34 am

The dark-haired woman looks at the heavily-armed newcomers and her expression sours before she turns to Fuerza, "Apparently I'm going to need to lay in some additional medical supplies, let me update that list..." She says and types a few quick notes into her datapad.

Chira looks up, smiles and waves at the newcomers, "Hi, hi!"

The woman puts away the pad and looks at the group, "Is this everybody?"
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 11:46 am

Ari pointedly ignores the short human female injecting herself into her conversation with Fuerza and waits for Fuerza to reply. Hass stands quietly, observing the three newcomers and especially their spokesperson.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 am

"This is everyone and this job is not for the corporation. Our companions here," She points to the doctor and her small companion, "Needed assistance on their upcoming job. Our mutual friends suggested that I put a team together and I thought of you. This individual," indicating the Sluissi, "has come to my attention as a potential asset and this will be his first engagement. Would you like to introduce yourselves or get straight to the matter at hand?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Ari replies, "Not for the corporation, eh? I really appreciate your thinking of us. We'll do our best to exceed your expectations then." There's obviously a subtext that she's leaving out. "Introductions can wait. If we decline your offer then it would probably be best if privacy were maintained." 'Privacy' being a euphemism for secrecy, of course. "What do you need done?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 pm

"These two are from the Galactic Historical Society. One of their archaeological teams was exploring a nebula. They uncovered an important historical site dating back to the Clone Wars, but their ship was disabled by a combination of radiation and collision damage. They have requested assistance clearing the site, which is shielded from radiation, and with salvaging the ship and equipment. Several of the crew have been injured and the ship is badly damaged."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 12:26 pm

The smaller woman nods slightly as she rests a hand on the Chadra-Fan's shoulder before it could speak up. "I'm going as medic to take care of the injured. Chira is a pilot and mechanic, so she'll get us there if a pilot is needed. Otherwise she'll be along to help with repairs, then fly the survey ship away once it is repaired, if it is repairable."
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Ari, continuing to ignore Wendi, replies to Fuerza, "So you want us to rescue any survivors and fix another ship. Sounds familiar. Any opposition? Imperial complications? We lost our engineer. I presume that's why he," gesturing at the Sluissi, a species renowned throughout the galaxy for their expertise with ships, "is here? You want him to do the repairs?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 pm

"Yes this will be his trial run. You are also to assist the archaeologists in clearing the site if their health permits. The site is of great interest. It is a relic of the Clone Wars and does have automated defenses. Reports have been unclear on what type or how extensive those defenses are."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Wendi remains silent for the moment, but watches and assess the group while Chira continues tinkering with her latest "project".
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Ari replies, "Just lovely. Separatist-built, droid-operated defenses. Where's a Jedi when you need one? So, what's in it for us?"

Hass, already indignant at being tested, then putting up with the furry one's insulting insinuation that something might be beyond his ability to repair, finally has the last straw with "trial run". He hisses angrily, "I was summoned here under false pretenses. I am through being tested and having my time wasted. I will find other transport off of this rock." He collects his datapad and starts to head for the door.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu May 04, 2017 1:24 pm

"Droidsess? Chira get to work on Droidsess?"Chira perks up and looks at Wendi, then Ari. Wendi smiles, "Looks that way old friend, now shush and let them finish talking. Reminds me, need to look into some personal ion guns as well..." she says quietly, then makes another note on the datapad and returns to listening to the conversation.

She looks at the Sluissi after his outburst. "Apologies, but I'm not sure what you mean about false pretenses. This mission needs a mechanic and technician and Fuerza says you're one of the best. Chira is a decent mechanic but is mostly focused on ships and droids... the 'testing' was actually unintentional. Chira took apart the pad before you got here... we meant no insult."
GandofGand
Level 3

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 1:38 pm

The Sluissi pauses, turns to face Wendi, and replies, "I did not come here for a job. I came because I seek discreet transportation away from Nar Shaddaa. Preferably far away and beyond the reach of the Hutts, although I know of no corner of the galaxy that their slimy tendrils do not infest."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Next

Return to In Context