Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Rogue 1

Real life discussions. Marriages, children, puppies, complaining about your brother-in-law, whatever...

Rogue 1

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:27 pm

This movie was really good, leagues ahead of Force Awakens.

I liked all the Easter Eggs, nods, and bits of filling in gaps in the original movie. I loved it.

Anyone else have thoughts?
DoctorWho
Level 15

Re: Rogue One

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:46 pm

I agree. Very refreshing after the warmed-over plot rip-off that was TFA. Very gritty. Gives a much more realistic view of the near-impossible Rebel struggle than the almost antiseptic Lucas originals that were high on fantasy and low on believability (despite being really fun and great flicks).

Personal comment:
Spoiler:
I watched a pirate copy on the 17th.

Real spoilers, do not click unless you have seen the movie:
Spoiler:
Very depressing. Every named Rebel character that didn't remain on Yavin died! I can't recall the last movie I saw, perhaps the original Alien, in which almost the entire cast dies and the movie isn't a horror flick. But there were an awful lot of easter eggs. The second time I watched it I caught a very subtle mention of Captain Antilles by someone off-camera right after Bail Organa tells Mon Mothma that he'd trust her (nod directed at Leia) with his life.

The K-2SO lines were fabulous. Best line in the movie: (after knocking Jyn down) "Congratulations. You are being rescued. Please don't move."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to IRL