Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Prison Break

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Prison Break

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:18 pm

With things going so smoothly over the last few months it has been easy to forget about the troubles in the galaxy. Onderon seemed especially peaceful after the fateful journey to the otter rim. Flush with credits from their recent reward the party finds themselves on a shopping spree. Suddenly the ship of their dreams is within their grasp and the means of pursuing their goals is realized. In a "civilized" galaxy things can never go well for long.

Local bounty hunters have begun noticing the large expenditures and news that MidDen is on the planet has reached those hunting her. Word reaches back to the group that time is running short and as they are preparing to leave a mysterious package appears on the loading ramp to the Cherenkov Blue. Ari, seemingly alarmed by the package, quickly retrieves it before retiring to her quarters. Nearly an hour later she emerges and gathers together the crew. "There is someone who would like to meet you. They have a proposition which will be worth your while."

Later that night as the lights in the spaceport begin to go out Ari leads the crew to a semi-abandoned section of the city and into an old warehouse. A lone figure stands in the center with a hood drawn over their head and an astromech droid at their side. "You're too late, we just sold our last ship. come back in a few days!" the figure says as it examines a datapad." Ari, impatient with the ritual responds, "I was told you have one in reserve for a special client." The figure pulls their hood off revealing a human male of average height and build but only about 25 years of age. "I'm Fias, Rast (Ari's previous contact) had to leave quickly. The local Imperials were onto him." As basic information is exchanged, Fias invites you to follow him through an obscured hatch at the side of the building, beyond which is a small room with several lit computer screens and a large table.

"Arissa inquired about your brother, Hardnox as she promised, and we have been able to uncover some recent information on him," The figure says, as a picture of Hardnox's brother appears on one of the monitors. Beside it the emblem of the Mandalorian government appears on an official letter bearing the picture of MidDen and Onderon highlighted. As you can see time is short, and I know you have a lot of questions. We can assist both of you with your problems, but we must first ask a favor. An agent of ours has been captured on Prakith and we need an unknown vessel to retrieve them for us." He slides a datapad across the table towards where you are standing. "The details are in there along with the information on how to contact us. If there is a real emergency, place a bounty out for yourselves of 100 credits. We monitor the guilds and will be able to respond quickly." There is a pause as he allows you to examine the datapad.

Spoiler:
You need to be leaving for Prakith the next day in order to make the rendezvous. Fake papers have been provided showing that you are delivering supplies to the local town and a load of cargo has been prepared for you to take. A picture of the individual you are to rescue is provided along with a brief description.

Fias places a medium sized metallic box onto the table. "He will know what to do with this. Please deliver it to him."
swrider
Level 20

Re: Prison Break

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Ari, ever curious and not very fond of mysteries, smiles sweetly and asks, "What's inside that?" gesturing at the box.
Spoiler:
Charm: 1eP+4eA 5 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
You'll have to let me know what the opposed dice are, and any boosts that I might get for being a Rebel operative (unlike any of my companions) ...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:40 pm

"His personal gear. He won't be able to come back for a while," Fias responds.
Spoiler:
no difficulty he just responds
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Ari rapidly skims through the contents of the datapad, and then asks, "So, what haven't you told us that we should know that isn't in here?" waving the datapad.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Although she would be glad when she and her new friends took off again to see more of the galaxy, MidDen had been thoroughly enjoying their time on Onderon. She'd discovered that the planet had an amazing history, dating back thousands of years. In between the duties she had taken on and the help she was providing with the preparations for their new ship, the Ugar had taken to exploring the city and its extensive cultural centers.

The sudden encounter with the Rebel operative had not been entirely unexpected. She knew that Ari was a member of the resistance and that MidDen had, by throwing her lot in with the active Rebel, signed herself up to be pulled into the occasional operation. Still, she hadn't expected the call to be brought in so soon. As her picture came up on the monitor, however, it became clear that the call might have come in at just the right time.

It seemed her own past had caught up with her as well and they wouldn't be coming back soon enough for her to make full use of the membership to the Onderon Museum of History she'd bought. Self-consciously and with some clear regret, MidDen tucked the information pamphlet she'd picked up about an upcoming special exhibit into a pouch on her utility belt. She'd encountered Mandalorians once before, and she had no desire to repeat the experience.

"Prakith? That's Deep Core." MidDen comments as she tries with only partial success to read the datapad over Ari's shoulder. "We're going to have to leave fairly soon if we're going to make it there in time. We're just picking them up, right? Not breaking them out of jail or anything."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Ari turns to look at MidDen, "You seem a tad distracted, my friend. Fias said the agent has been captured. That means we'll have to extract him from a prison. On an Imperial Fortress world. In a region of the galaxy that is very unfriendly to non-humans."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Fias: "No, we've lost contact. This is a routine extraction; you are not to attempt a prison break. If they don't show at the space port we'll have to assume they've been captured.

"Contained in the data pad is a one-time contact to sidekick supplies and pick up ore for delivery to Mandalore. A contact there will assist MidDen with her 'business' on that planet. You land drop off supplies, reload, and leave. The operatives know to look for crates with the company's logo on them, and will approach you if they are at the port."
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:48 pm

"Now I'm confused. You said 'an agent of ours has been captured on Prakith and we need an unknown vessel to retrieve them for us'. Capture translates to being imprisoned. Did they escape and you omitted that detail? Or did you just lose contact and you aren't sure if they've been compromised?" She lets impatience (and annoyance at being misled) color her tone, "Give me a straight answer. Tell us what you know. The truth, all of it. Or find someone else who may be stupid enough to go to an Imperial Fortress world with only half of the facts."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 pm

"We do suspect they have been captured, but are not certain. We are following the original plan for extraction. It's our agent's responsibility to be at the spaceport. There is an emergency radio frequency in the pad you can use to try and contact them but it links to their unencrypted com links."
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 pm

"So if the agent fails to make contact with us we abort the extraction? Correct? We continue with our mining guild transport cover and exit the system."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 pm

*Yes, anything else is too risky at this point."
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:47 pm

No sooner had Fias finished his sentence than the astromech droid began to beep and rock back and forth. A hologram of the industrial complex appears from its holo projector. On the screen several dots appear and begin moving towards your location. Fias: "It appears our conversation is over. There is a side exit over here we can use. Good Luck!" he says as the astromech accesses the computer systems and the screen flash showing the deletion of large quantities of data. The astromech disconnects and he and Fias slip out the side door.
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Ari says, "We, too, need to leave. Now! Follow me!" With that, she matches actions to words and hurries out of the building in the wake of the handler.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:14 pm

MidDen jumped into her helmet with surprise as she sees the dots headed for their position, and everyone starts moving very quickly. Once her body settled back into the legs and body of her environmental suit, she too ran out the side door and made for her escape, staying close behind Ari. "We need to lose them before we head back for the ship!" the ugar commented as they ran.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Ari, loping along with long strides born from years of exercise (and running away from Imperials) grins and banters back at MidDen, "Not my first hunt, dear. I've no intention of leading them to where we don't want them!"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Farsox » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 pm

A rush of terror and astonishment ensnared Eckhal for most of the meeting. The first thing that captured his attention was the mention of imperial presence. He thought the group had dealt with their first encounter with the Empire well enough, but it never gets easier.

The astonishment came from his inexperience with covert protocols. He didn't always pick up on the code words between Ari and her contact, but he realized that something deeper was embedded in their conversation. This contact had to be connected to the Rebel Alliance, with what he knew of Ari's background. If he had hairs, they probably would've stood on end. Was this another step closer to finding his father?

Abruptly, it all came to a halt with shouting and running. Eckhal followed behind Ari as closely as he could.

"...I've no intention of leading them to where we don't want them!" Ari said.

*I hope this isn't going to end in a shootout,* Eckhal thinks, continuing to follow closely behind.
Eckhal Gebsam
Wounds 14:0
Strain 13:1
Farsox
Level 2

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Through the dim lighting of the industrial area at night and over the loud breathing of those following Ari manages to pic up the sounds and sights of two teenage humans flirting with each other. They appear to be throwing empty containers against the metal buildings as they laugh and fall into each other's arms. The volume of their conversation, largely amplified by their obvious intoxication, makes their amorous advances toward each other all too obvious. Slowing momentarily Ari is able to determine that relative location of the teenagers and realizes it was they that appeared on the R2 unit's scanners. Slowing the others Ari points the teenagers out to the rest of the crew. With no sight of their contact to be seen and the night getting late, the group breaks apart, each one making their own way back to the Cherenkov Blue.
swrider
Level 20

Re: Prison Break - Frank

Postby dtdunn » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:17 am

Prakith Mission

It isn’t very often that a mission goes this terribly wrong. “Minotaur”, “Pops” and himself, “Buzz” have been on several missions before, even into very heavily-infested Imperial areas. However this mission made their romp through the super star destroyer look like a day in the park.

Primarily the op to Prakith was more of a recon mission. Drop in silent, survey the mindset and temperament of the populous and get out. The secondary objective was to get ‘first-look’ intel on the famous Prakith Mine prison. There was sketchy information (more rumors than anything) that several prominent Rebellion members have been imprisoned there in the past.

The first part of the mission went well, it did take while to get a real feel for the local customs and manners. As the ‘socialized’ one, Pops took lead this part of the mission. It turns out the populace are ‘True Believers’; low chance of finding Rebellion sympathizers.

The prison investigation is where things went wrong. They found that the prison was organized in an ideal way to keep anyone from getting a visual on the prisoners. Most of the prisoners were in the mine almost continually, and since it was a working mine it was barren and difficult to approach without being spotted.

Spoiler:
Will add more from the Prakith side of things over the next few days
dtdunn
Level 2

Postby dtdunn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:07 pm

As we infiltrated more populated areas we found heavy security. Check points, mandatory IDs, no weapons allowed. Soon we were engaged, three weeks of running and hiding from stormtroopers and officers. We tried to keep the firefights to a minimum to avoid setting off a man-hunt. As we were about to give up on the mine we ran into a large security squad with heavy guns. It was in an area behind the mine when we happened upon them. It was too late to avoid being spotted, and a huge firefight broke out.

During the firefight the group got separated; I could see Minotaur go down to blaster fire, and then I lost sight of ’Pops’. We would often separate when needed and regroup, but I never did get in contact with ‘Pops’ again.

It was pure luck of the Force that I ended up hiding out in a junkyard near the mine and found our first positive encounter when I made acquaintance with ’Stargazer’. As a now-rare Republic clone from the Clone Wars, I was at first cautious but it became clear that his sympathies did not lay with the Empire. From the yard I made several excursions to the city, ended up swiping an Imperial comlink, and surveyed a route to the pick-up point at the industrial spaceport. From the comlink I heard some chatter about a captured Iktotchi, which was clearly Minotaur, but nothing about ‘Pops’.

Now today is make or break time for the team. If we don’t make it to the port for pickup the chances of us getting off this rock is small. You can’t hide forever from the Empire, or at least that is the propaganda.

Returning to the junkyard early in the morning, the Gank scaled the wall with well practiced coordination. He wanted to say what he could to encourage the one individual he has found that could be a contact on this planet. He waited until the clone arrived and until he had gotten his duties started. Giving the wall a knock in a pattern that they had worked out, he entered his office building from the rear window.

“Well, Stargazer, this is going to be goodbye. Our mission here is in shambles, one of our team was imprisoned, and I don’t know where the other is; but I have met you, the lone mind of reason on this planet. I am about to make my way to the spaceport to meet our pickup team, and ...“ Seeing an odd look on Stargazer's face he stopped. It was a smile. The thing that humans, and apparently clones, liked to do for any number of reasons. ‘At least is was usually for a good reason’ he muses.

“You appear happy. Did the Empire decide to stop killing puppies?”
dtdunn
Level 2

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Coming from a background with significantly different mating methods, it took MidDen a little while to catch up with exactly what they were seeing. "Oh! Human mate selection. The droid's paranoia must have warned us when any bipeds approached."

She quickly slowed to a more normal pace, wanting to return to the appearance of normalcy before they encountered a more populated area.

"That does drive the point home, though. We must be careful going forward."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:55 pm

The feeling of peace you have come enjoy on Onderon is shattered as final preparations for the departure of the Cherenkov Blue are completed. A routine scan of the cargo reveals a long range tracking device attached to the hull of the ship. Eckhal wastes no time in removing the transmitter and attaching it to a nearby waste hauler, eliminating the immediate threat. The looming question remains: who placed the tracking device on your ship and why? With no time left for investigation the preflight checks are completed and the ship departs for its destination. As you enter orbit around Onderon, one of the spunky new astromech droids chirps away as it programs your navigational computer.

The journey goes without any issues. Much of it is spent getting used to life onboard a new ship and assigning the new droids to their various tasks. Nearly 24 hours later a loud alarms sounds moments before the ship exits hyperspace. On the bridge a voice can be heard over the communication channel. “Unidentified vessel this is Spaceport control identify yourselves.” With confidence Ari strides over to the controls and replies, “We are the Cherenkov Blue, delivering supplies for the mine and retrieving a load of ore.” A few moments pass before an reply is heard. “Please transmit your cargo manifest and contract for our records.” A nod from Ari and the astromech droid beeps a few times. “Thank you Cherenkov Blue you may proceed to landing platform 16; a representative of the mine and a customs inspector will be there to meet you.”
swrider
Level 20

Postby dtdunn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:30 pm

The reunion with Minotaur went as he expected: Buzz derided the Minotaur for getting caught, and the Minotaur in turn pointed out that Buzz missed all the fun. It was good to get back into the routine. After a brief discussion of the plan, they donned their ‘costumes’ and headed into the city. In his white laminate armor, made to resemble the stormtroopers, Buzz passed without much difficulty. The Duros and Minotaur had more difficulty but we were able to get by so early in the morning.

On both of their minds was the status of their leader, Pops. Buzz continued to monitor Imperial comms for any sign that he was captured, both hoping for some sign he was alive, but also hoping they won't hear of his capture.

When they came upon the the spaceport Buzz was relieved that it is a commercial port instead of an Imperial port. He wasn’t certain they could make it through so much security. Scoping out the port he looked for signs that the transport had landed.
dtdunn
Level 2

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:07 am

After the ship lands at the designated location, Ari makes her way to the loading lift and, alongside whichever of her companions elects to join her, lowers the lift to ground level and awaits the customs official and mine rep. She has her 3PX droid with her, as well as the pair of J9 loadmasters. She has no weapons visible. She says to herself, Carrying either of my rifles, especially the heavy one, would send the wrong message and likely blow the mission before it can get any further.

Spoiler:
If she was able to acquire the Kamperdine outfit, that's what she'll be wearing to make an impression.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

MidDen also rode the elevator down with the first group, though she was careful to stay a few steps behind Arissa and intermingled with the J9s. After all, she wanted to make sure than any fielded questions would go to the much more personable and human member of their party. She was, however, far too curious about this new and unique world to stay onboard the ship. The mirrored faceplate drifted back and forth as she took in her environment, peering around the spaceport.

Spoiler:
MidDen is also unarmed. She is carrying a datapad however. She has given the Cargo Scanner to one of the J9s.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:25 pm

As the cargo bay doors open you are greeted by the sight of a large commercial spaceport, much like the one you left on Onderon. Several large ships have landed and are in various stages of loading and unloading while a veritable fleet of smaller vessels including your own are landed around the outskirts of the main field. Prakith’s single sun is still rising overhead and her two moons can still be seen on the far side of the sky. A slight tremble under your feet momentarily startles you, but the locals and many of the merchants in view do not seem to notice. Your eyes dart across the field looking for your greeting party as well as examining the area. A few non-humans can be seen at the spaceport, but none seem to be leaving their ships. Uniformed personnel from the Imperial Navy, Stormtroopers, and numerous other Imperial agencies abound throughout the area. You are surprised to notice that none of those personnel appear to be carrying weapons. You realize that observation to be partially untrue as a thin human in an Imperial customs uniform approaches you with two uniformed security officers in tow. The security officers are openly carrying stun batons. A portly looking human accompanies the trio wearing an Imperial-style uniform, though it is not one you have encountered before. The human’s extraordinary girth and obvious uneasiness suggest that he is not, in fact, an Imperial.

“Don’t worry about the tremors. The ground here is always shifting; after a few visits you won’t even notice anymore,” The customs officer says, as he looks up from a datapad and approaches your ship. “All weapons must remain stowed on your ship at all times. Any non-humans must remain on the ship as well for their own safety.” Those last words being spoken with a not-so-veiled hint of disdain. “Your droids may assist with operations but cannot leave the space port”. Finishing what seems to be a rote description of the spaceport, the customs officer meets Ari’s gaze. “You are, of course, welcome anywhere in the city, but must first accompany me to the security office to have a merchant's badge made. The same applies to any other humans on your crew.”

As the customs officer speaks, the portly human beckons to several other humans wearing near-identical uniforms to approach with several cargo haulers and a binary load lifter. This group approaches the Cherenkov Blue waiting for permission to unload before proceeding.

Spoiler:
Those from Prakith mine recognize the portly human as Sgt. Sztluhcs. A docking fee is paid to the customs officer as well from the ship's accounts payable funds.
swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to In Context