Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Prison Break

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Prison Break

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Ari replies, her tone of voice grateful and relieved, "Thanks for the news. While I do own an envirosuit, I'm not an engineer. I'd likely make things worse. Unless someone else has a better idea, I think I'm going to go find that damnable, traitorous droid ... and deal with it."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri May 20, 2016 7:48 am

"Shall we make the jump to hyperspace?" The pilot droid asks the members of the crew currently on the bridge (MidDen).
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon May 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Seeing a nod of consent the Pilot droid focuses on reading the ship for the jump. Accelerating to speed one and maneuvering to further avoid the mine field he initiates the hyperspace jump protocols. The ship lurches forward as the light from the nearby stars seems to come streaming towards the ship as it enters hyperspace. Pilot Droid over intercom: "We have entered hyperspace and should be arriving at Mandalore in 26 hours."

Spoiler:
the ship will leave hyperspace on the outskirts of the system and need to use sub light engines to reach Mandalore. Jump to Hyperspace: 2eP+1eA+1eC+2eD+3eS 1 success, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Tue May 24, 2016 9:45 am

After leaving a quick instruction with Red to keep an eye on the ship's systems for any signs of unusual activity and let them know immediately if something happened, MidDen returned to her room to plan her next move and relieve herself of the envirosuit that was starting to get uncomfortable. A few minutes later MidDen, now in her natural amoeba-blob form, rolled up to Arissa.

"No luck, yet?" she asked. "He might be hiding somewhere we can't access with the engines at full. We could scan once we make it to Mandalore."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 24, 2016 10:12 am

"We're not landing while that droid is still loose. Asides from denying it the opportunity to escape I also don't wish to risk the ship in a gravity well with a saboteur aboard. Please gather the rest of the crew. We're going to do another search, this time with all hands and we're going to search both decks simultaneously from stem to stern, while we're still in hyper and it's trapped.

"Oh, and thank you for handling the Bridge. You did well."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue May 24, 2016 3:17 pm

"Thanks," MidDen replied, warmed by the compliment. "I'll gather everyone in the lounge."

Half an hour later, the Ugar rolled into the lounge carrying the multi-scanner. She'd gone around the ship and made sure every droid and biped was aware of the meeting and upcoming search. The only ones she'd specifically told to stay behind were Red & Pilot, who were on the bridge to manage the ship and keep an eye on the systems for suspicious activity. She'd traveled in person in case the 3PX was still monitoring their comms channel. She didn't want to tip him off to the impending search.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Wed May 25, 2016 11:09 am

The crew progresses though the ship searching every conceivable hiding place, and a few that weren’t. As Eckhal’s group nears the airlock he notices that some of the interior shielding for the ship is loose. Further examination shows that the shielding had been removed and then modified to look like it was reattached to the interior hull. Knowing that the shielding helps protect the crew from cosmic radiation which seems to be heavy in this area Eckhal has one of the B1 droids pull the siding off. A small compartment had been concealed behind the panel with 3PX contorted inside. No indications of power can be seen on the droid as it appears he has powered down. Close examination reveals that while his limbs are not connected in their normal position they seem to have been moved that way by the droid himself. Eckhal orders the B1 to remove 3PX and replace the panel. A task which is completed shortly after the standard “Roger, Roger” response of the B1 droid has been vocalized.

Spoiler:
I did not specify who was in Eckhal’s group so it can be any of the PCs or NPCs that are desired.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 am

Ari inquires, "Eckhal, do you have a restraining bolt, or can you fashion something suitable? If not, can you detach that traitorous droid's head from its body without irreparable damage to either? I want to be certain that it cannot cause any further mischief when we power it up and begin questioning it, and we also need to make sure it doesn't wipe its memory circuits — if it hasn't already done so. We need answers, we need to get them safely, and we need them before we arrive at Mandalore."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Farsox » Wed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm

"We do have a few restraining bolts packed away somewhere." Eckhal says. "I believe they are still in the cargo bay. I'll get him down there and get one installed. I may also be able to hard-wire him into to a data pad. We should be able to pull information without fully reactivating him."

He turns toward the Battle droid. "Could you help me bring 3PX into the cargo hold?"
Eckhal Gebsam
Wounds 14:0
Strain 13:1
Farsox
Level 2

Postby swrider » Wed May 25, 2016 5:02 pm

"Roger, Roger!" the droid says as it moves to help Eckhal carry the 3PX.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Ari shouts, "STOP! None of the droids is to have physical contact with 3PX until there is a restraining bolt on it. Bring the bolt here, or have organic crew move 3PX to the cargo hold."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed May 25, 2016 6:06 pm

The B1 droid looks back and forth for a few seconds. "Aaaahhhhhh Roger, Roger!" It says as it backs away.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Farsox » Thu May 26, 2016 6:19 am

Eckhal takes a step back from 3PX in surprise, as Ari shouts. He gives her a puzzled look. Though, she probably doesn't recognize it as a puzzled look. Mon calamari aren't known for their expressive faces. To her, it could best be described as fishy.

The protocol droid appears to be fully powered down, which makes the mechanic feel quite at ease. On the other hand, 3PX had already shown he had some tricks up his sleeve. Eckhal nods at Ari, slightly embarrassed.

"Yes," he says, "Best to play it safe."

He turns and walks towards the cargo hold, alone...

Spoiler:
leaving room for hidden stow-away space monster to begin murdering the crew one-by-one
Eckhal Gebsam
Farsox
Level 2

Postby Farsox » Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 am

After some time, Eckhal returns carrying a restraining bolt, a few data pads, some cables and various connectors in a small box. He crouches next to 3PX, sets the box down and affixes the restraining bolt to the droid's chest. Then he goes to work removing the outer plating. The memory core is buried behind some wiring and other moving parts, so he has to remove a few components before he can fully access it. He tries a few connectors to get the cables linked to the core and does the same to link the other ends to one of the data pads. He glances up nervously at Ari.

"Now for the fun part," he says, uncertain if he is prepared to handle any security that might be in place. He boots up the data pad, and works with it for a while. Aside from some frustrated grunts, he remains intensely focused and silent during his work. Then, he shuts down the data pad, disconnects it from the cables, and hands it to Ari.

"Here is the data dump," he says. "Now we just have to read it. I will proceed with the memory wipe, unless you would prefer to verify the data, first."

Spoiler:
Eckhal Gebsam
Farsox
Level 2

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 31, 2016 7:40 am

Ari replies, "Thank you, my friend. Please go ahead with the wipe. And leave the bolt on afterwards."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 pm

The slight ebb and flow of the ship through hyperspace seems to calm the emotions on the Cherenkov Blue. Time passes quickly as the droid is examined and the remaining sabotages are fixed...

The intercom chirps as the pilot droid's voice comes through, "We will be exiting hyperspace momentarily." Just a few moments later a distinctive jolt lets you know that you have indeed left hyperspace.

Spoiler:
The ship exited hyperspace at the outer edge of the system. It will take a full day at sub light speed to reach Mandalore.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 am

"I think I better do an EVA and take a look at that boarding shuttle before we try and land." MidDen commented to the others in the rec-room as the ship translated back into real space. "I'd be nice to salvage it as a bonus, but I'd settle for just preventing more damage."

A few minutes later, MidDen found herself back in her envirosuit and floating out in space. A thin white spool of cable tying her to the Cherenkov Blue's airlock. Taking a moment to judge the distance, she pushed off from the transport and sailed quietly across the void before smashing into the side of the attached shuttle. The arms of her suit worked quickly to find a handhold on the edge of the shuttle. Grabbing hold, she arrested her momentum and paused to get her bearings before pulling another short bit of cable and clip to secure herself to the shuttle.

A minute later, on her signal, Gunter detached the cable from the Cherenkov Blue and handed it over to the Red Astromech who secured it to itself. Receiving the signal, MidDen coiled the cable back up, hauling the small droid across the void. Securing the droid on a shorter lead, the ugar turned her attention to the access panel. Following instructions transmitted by the droid floating nearby, she overrode the access code and gained entry to the vessel.

A few minutes later the pair had repressurized the shuttle and made their way to the cockpit. While MidDen settled herself down into the pilot's chair, Red plugged itself into the machine's computer system and accessed the boarding clamp controls. A few quick rotations later, there a thunk resonated through the shuttle as the boarding locks released and the shuttle was sent floating away.

Spoiler:
Space Jump (Athletics): 1eP+2eA+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Lock Open (Computers) {With Assistance}: 3eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disengage Lock (Computers): 3eP+1eA 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImage
Yay, triumph! Um, if there is going to be a pilot check to get this thing detached/landed, then I'll use the triumph to upgrade that as we get integrated into the system. Otherwise, perhaps there is something interesting in the shuttles logs?
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 pm

"Can you tell him to clamp on to the top of our ship." MidDen asked Red. The droid beeped quickly in response. "Wait, who can hear us?" She replied.

"I can." The pilot droid replied. "I understand Basic."

"Oh, sorry." MidDen apologized. "Can you clamp this shuttle onto the top of our ship so we can land easier?"

A short acknowledgement and a few minutes later, the shuttle settled down slowly onto the top of the cruising Cherenkov Blue, it's heavy magnetic clamps locking the vessels securely together, this time without the armor-searing weapon trying to cut a new access door into their own ship. After a brief conversation with the pilot droid to ensure it was alright with staying latched on until they could land on Mandalore, and wouldn't mind being alone (save for radio contact), MidDen made preparations again for jumping back to the Blue's airlock.

Although it was a more strenuous trip, she was back aboard only a few minutes later. Catching up with the others, she let them know what she had learned.

Spoiler:
Space Jump (Athletics): 1eP+2eA+1eD 4 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImage
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am

With the shuttle securely docked and MidDen back on board the crew makes their way towards Mandalore. A short message announcing their arrival was sent ahead informing the docks to prepare to receive a load of ore. As the ship lands a party arrives to secure the load and pay the crew for their services. A credit stick with the agreed upon amount is passed to the crew as everything appears to be in order. A small data pad is also handed over, upon accessing it, it contains a name and a location for a meeting. You recognize the picture but not the name as the individual you met on Onderon.

As the greeting party walks away a port security official approaches. “Where did you get that shuttle?”

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am

Ari replies with a sly grin, "From some foolish, and now dead, pirates that made the mistake of thinking we couldn't defend ourselves against that sort of scum. Is there some reason you're interested in it?"

Spoiler:
Applying some charm...
Charm: 1eP+4eA 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:17 am

"Yeah those pirates have been causing havoc all over the area. Your ship and description did not match their but that shuttle is a dead ringer." The security officer pulls out a datapad and takes some notes down. "While you are in port you must keep this tracker attached to the shuttle and it is not to leave this berth. Shuttles of that type are restricted in this system. Since you did us a service getting rid of those pirates, however, I can hook you up with a permit if you stop by the security office."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:39 am

"I'll come with you now. I wouldn't want us to cause any trouble when we move the shuttle as we commence repairs." She adds, as she follows the officer, "We also blew apart one of their two Headhunters. That, and the loss of their boarding shuttle and its cargo of scum, should slow them down for a least a while. They fled, as cowards do, before we could finish ridding the galaxy of this particular lot."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:50 am

"That is more then we have been able to accomplish. They are always on the move and very difficult to lock down. Rumor has it they have been collaborating with the rebels."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:25 pm

"That's a planted rumor. Propaganda from Imperial Security. The Rebels dislike pirates as much as the Empire does. Probably more so. The Empire is fond on blaming pirate attacks on the Rebels because the Empire wants the public to hate the Rebellion. Pirates are despicable scum. They murder and enslave for profit. If the Empire can make the average citizen believe that pirates are Rebels, then it's harder for the Rebels to find support, and it's easier for the Imperial military to find new recruits."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:21 am

Hearing Ari's comment the guard goes silent for a few moments. "The security office is over here," he points. "The paperwork should only take a few minutes once we get inside." Passing into a security office much like the one on Prakith the officer walks to the back telling Ari to have a seat for a few minutes. What seems like an eternity passes, though in reality only 15-20 minutes later the officer reappears and hands Ari a permit. "The shuttle has now been transferred into your name and linked to your ship's registration. You may bring it with you to Mandalore but it may not be used within our system."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to In Context