Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Prakith Cell - Age of Rebellion

If you want to start a game, start a thread here first.

Prakith Cell - Age of Rebellion

Postby swrider » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:20 pm

I am currently developing a custom AOR campaign where the PCs will be prisoners working in a mine on the Imperial fortress world of Prakith. The prisoners are going to discover a lava tunnel which is large enough to provide them a hidden underground base with access to the outside world. Leaving the planet or even getting supplies on the plant is going to be extremely difficult (requiring missions to be carried out to acquire them).

My idea is to set this up as a guerrilla warfare “Hogan’s Hero’s” style campaign where the group will be completely isolated on a hostile planet and being prisoners in the mine is their only cover to avoid capture.
The nature of this campaign necessitates that the players begin with no equipment or finances besides basic mining supplies used by the prisoners. The mine will act as a base of operations for the group granting them Deception as a bonus career skill.

Recruiting will begin for the campaign in a week or two. I want to allow time for the Far Orbit Project to continue recruiting.

Let me know if you are interested.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Re: Prakith Cell - Age of Rebellion

Postby Rakaydos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:21 pm

What are your thoughts on theme- appropriate force users?

Im thinking either a Findsman or Ss omeone who was too weak to attract a master abd webt agrocorp instead.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby OnStark » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 pm

I followed your thread on the FFG boards about this campaign and it sounds interesting.
I have several concepts in mind. I think a diplomat-agitator would work well in this setting. My initial thought, though is an Ace-Driver, but starting with the skills not directly involved with driving, Cool, Mechanics, Perception, and maybe 1 rank in either Planetary or Ranged (light).
Paettr Kewnark Damn Fool Idealist Orokos Rolls
Wounds 12:1
Strain 14:5

3.14-LT
Wounds 11:0
Strain 12:5
OnStark
Level 2

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 am

Rakaydos wrote:What are your thoughts on theme- appropriate force users?

Im thinking either a Findsman or Ss omeone who was too weak to attract a master abd webt agrocorp instead.

That would be fine if you can make the backstory fit as to why they are in the prision. (prisoner/ slave/ etc...)

OnStark wrote:I followed your thread on the FFG boards about this campaign and it sounds interesting.
I have several concepts in mind. I think a diplomat-agitator would work well in this setting. My initial thought, though is an Ace-Driver, but starting with the skills not directly involved with driving, Cool, Mechanics, Perception, and maybe 1 rank in either Planetary or Ranged (light).

Welcome. Those all sound like great ideas.

After character creation each PC will be awarded 20 xp (to account for the experiences leading up to their being captured and to give them a little edge when surviving without any gear or money) When I get home latter I'll post some general information about the planet.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Cael » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:20 am

I was nervous about committing to another game, but this sounds like too much fun to pass up. Hogan's Heroes was a favorite of mine as a kid. I think I'd make a Wookiee tech, the kind of guy who'd make a radio and hide it in a teapot.
Cael
Level 5

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

Cael wrote:I was nervous about committing to another game, but this sounds like too much fun to pass up. Hogan's Heroes was a favorite of mine as a kid. I think I'd make a Wookiee tech, the kind of guy who'd make a radio and hide it in a teapot.

lol. It is going to be the characters that really sell the game so I love that people are feeling the vibe. Hogan's Heros is probably still one of my favorite TV shows.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Rakaydos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:24 pm

I've never seen Hogans Heros but I'm assuming it has a Razak's Roughnecks/A-team type vibe?
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Rakaydos wrote:I've never seen Hogans Heros but I'm assuming it has a Razak's Roughnecks/A-team type vibe?

sorta.. you can watch it for free on youtube. they are short episodes about allied POWs running a spy ring out of a Natzi POW camp. It is commedy. I'd recommend watching an episode or two, not because you need to or anything but just because it is such a great show.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Most of the games on here have 6 players. I was debating if this game should try for six players or use a smaller group. What would you all prefer? I am thinking 3-4 players (each of which can have upto 2 PCs)

swrider
Level 20

Postby Cael » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm happy either way, but would prefer not to run two characters.
Cael
Level 5

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Cael wrote:I'm happy either way, but would prefer not to run two characters.

Thats fine. OnStark has expressed an interest in running more than one so I thought i would put it in as an option. The deciding factor will probably be how much interest is shown when i post the recruiting thread in the gamers forum of FFG. I'm thinking ill post that next friday (the first), if not then ill probably do it on Star Wars day.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Prakith was a mountainous fortress world located in the Prakith system of the Deep Core that, thanks to its unstable terrain and its isolation, was a difficult location to conquer by force
Early in the planet's history, Prakith was a volatile, volcanic world, but was stable enough for Imperial survey teams to explore it during their expeditions into the Deep Core. Prakith's close proximity to the Galactic Core made it a prime location for a hidden redoubt, and was one of the first Deep Core worlds to be civilized. It had a strong Mining Guild presence.
The surface of Prakith
Prakith's major cities (such as Prak City) were built atop the planet's large plateaus, surrounded on all sides by great caverns and crevasses. Since ground travel across such terrain proved difficult, natives often used cloud cars and airspeeders for transportation. The natives were, under Imperial rule, a relatively subdued and businesslike population
The Emperor himself selected Prakith as the base of operations for the Inquisitorius following the end of the Clone Wars.

The planet.
Identification must be carried by all citizens. Numerous imperial military personal are seen wondering around on “shore leave”. Heavily armed storm troopers patrol the streets as part of their training. Inquisitors are occasionally seen, though they mostly stick to their tower. Local often visit the cantina and usually work for the mines or providing services to the troops.
Weapons are heavily restricted on planet and cannot be carried by anyone accept the inquisitors, Planetary security and the Storm troopers in training. Even visiting military personnel are not allowed to carry weapons openly of any sort. Cloudcars are the normal mode of transport form area to area.
Aliens are a rare sight on the planet and are almost universally slaves.

The Mine
The mine is controlled mostly by mine security which patrols the mine occasionally keeping an eye on things. The “workers” are slaves and low level prisoners who have been assigned. Exits to the mine are heavily controlled by armed Troopers. Workers are required to “turn in” a specified amount of material each day or will not be provided food and water. As materials are deposited they are issued tokens which can be used for basic foods and water.

Random features known to the group
Citizens of the plant must all have and carry identification papers at all times.
A storm trooper training facility is located on the planet where troops go through initial storm trooper training and entire battalions can come to conduct war games. This facility is also used to test experimental weaponry
The inquisitor tower is located on the plant. (headquarters of the inquisitors)
The space port is a major shipper of mining materials and receiver of military supplies for restocking ships.
both orbital and surface repair stations for imperial capital ships are present on the planet.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Rakaydos wrote:What are your thoughts on theme- appropriate force users?

I should offer fair warning that Prakith is the home of the inquisitors so force users of any significant power will can easily attract the wrong kind of attention.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Rakaydos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:26 pm

The only concept I'm looking at with any significant force power is from a tradition known to work with the empire. (Findsmen)
The other will be sitting at FR1 for basically the forseeable future.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby OnStark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 pm

swrider wrote:
Cael wrote:I'm happy either way, but would prefer not to run two characters.

Thats fine. OnStark has expressed an interest in running more than one so I thought i would put it in as an option. The deciding factor will probably be how much interest is shown when i post the recruiting thread in the gamers forum of FFG. I'm thinking ill post that next friday (the first), if not then ill probably do it on Star Wars day.

I have multiple concepts that I'm considering, but will probably pick one to actually play.
Paettr Kewnark Damn Fool Idealist Orokos Rolls
Wounds 12:1
Strain 14:5

3.14-LT
Wounds 11:0
Strain 12:5
OnStark
Level 2

Postby Cael » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Do you want us to make characters and post them for review?
Cael
Level 5

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

If you would like to start go ahead. Well probably start a few days after recruiting opens. So may 6th or 7th. So there is time.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Rakaydos » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

medic/brawler is up for review.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 am

Looks interesting. One pc is my preference. A Quartermaster could sneak in supplies. An Entrepreneur could gain stuff for the group. Mining vehicles allow piloting. Galaxy Mapper talent cuts travel time in tunnels instead of astrogation. There'd have to be rebel contacts or sympathizers among the populace. Why would the prisoners just not escape?
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:30 am

DeepSpacer wrote:Looks interesting. One pc is my preference. A Quartermaster could sneak in supplies. An Entrepreneur could gain stuff for the group. Mining vehicles allow piloting. Galaxy Mapper talent cuts travel time in tunnels instead of astrogation. There'd have to be rebel contacts or sympathizers among the populace. Why would the prisoners just not escape?

The answer is below for those interested. It is not a huge spoiler but may give a little bit of additional OOC knowledge about the planet.

Spoiler:
The planet is a heavily fortified/ regulated fortress world as such I was originally planning for you to be the only cell on the planet. Though you could create contacts and support eventually forming NPC cells.

(Granted this is not quite like hogans heros where they started with contacts and organizations in place).

The goal may be for the prisoners to eventually escape. to do this they have to make their way to and then through a city where 4-7 of every ten "civilians" they meet are imperial naval, storm troopers, intelligence officers, etc.. on shore leave. Every person on the planet has to carry identification cards which are checked. Armed patrols are common in both the city and the country side as the planet is a training bage for storm troopers and house several intelligence sites.

once you get to the city you need to make your way into a space port (the only one on the planet) which is used to resupply a fleet of imperial ships and orbital defence stations and as such is heavily guarded. Civilian traffic is limited to ships transporting mining supplies and transporting minerals to other imperial planets, with the occasional non-military non-mining vessel being allowed to land. Both mining and private vessels undergo through inspection upon landing and before take off.

Oh and did i mention that all of this is on a planet where 95% of all non-humans are slaves working in the mines?

I am open to the group having a rebel among them. someone who was arrested with out the imperials finding out he was a rebel. This would allow you to make contact with the alliance if you can mange offworld communications. Eventually once your group makes enough noise the alliance will likely recruit you or you could get enough resources together to escape.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 am

Looks like that is 4 players now.
Shadow would you be so kind as to create a forum for this game when you get a chance. thank you in advance as I know you are busy.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:50 am

Done. BTW, for future reference, admin requests should be made via PM. Don't count on my reading the threads of games I am not playing in.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:Done. BTW, for future reference, admin requests should be made via PM. Don't count on my reading the threads of games I am not playing in.

Will do. Thank you again.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Cael » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:00 am

In Hogan's Heroes they didn't escape because they were able to do so much damage to the German war effort from inside the camp. They were in the heart of enemy territory with a perfect cover.
Cael
Level 5

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

Cael wrote:In Hogan's Heroes they didn't escape because they were able to do so much damage to the German war effort from inside the camp. They were in the heart of enemy territory with a perfect cover.

and they never allowed themselves to get caught ;)

swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to Game Listings