Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A bit of explanation

Real life discussions. Marriages, children, puppies, complaining about your brother-in-law, whatever...

A bit of explanation

Postby Teknon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm

First, I wanted to apologize for my lack of posting over the last few weeks. I lost my job recently and while you might expect that that would result in more time for posting, you would be wrong. :) My only internet access currently is though tethering to a smartphone, and while that works well for my ,tablet, it is less convienent with my laptop - which makes posting maps more difficult. Also, most of my time is now taken up with job searches and applications as well as taking care of my sons and pregnant wife.

It actually looks like we will be moving before the baby is brn in two months, which is a whole other set of problems, but should get us to a place with more family and better job options.

Anyway, thank you for your understanding and patience. I will continue to post and keep things rolling as best as I can.
Teknon
Jedi Master

Re: A bit of explanation

Postby Protheuz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:20 am

Sorry to hear that.

Best of luck in the Job quest!
"I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”
Protheuz
Level 4

Postby Teknon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks Protheuz. I've got several leads, just need one to pan out. :-)
Teknon
Jedi Master

Postby the_skald » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Gosh! I'm sorry for the job, Teknon... :(
... but I'm so happy for your third upcoming heir! :)

Don't worry about us: we can and we will wait.

I wish you found another job that really suits your needs in a short time: trust the Force and let it carry you wherever it deems it necessary to go. Hugs. :)
the_skald
Level 9

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:01 am

So sorry about the job loss, so happy for your "heir," as the skald puts it, and hope you find a new job soon.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby Teknon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 am

A bit of good news to share with you all - I start my new job next Monday! It is a little bit further from home, but the pay is marginally better, and professionally it's a step up.

Now, if only we could get the kid to put in an appearance before my first day . . . . :)
Teknon
Jedi Master

Postby the_skald » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Wow! That's GOOD news! I'm glad things are getting better, Tek! And they will get even better in a few days, as far as I can see: better, happier and... busier. :D

P.S.
Meanwhile I'm moving to another house with my family: I might be less present on this board until the end of the month. Please have patience: it's a dirty job but someone has to do it....
the_skald
Level 9

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Congrats, Tek! Very soon you'll be needing to stock up on Dew, if you haven't already done so.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to IRL