Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (IC)

Postby DoctorWho » Fri May 26, 2017 8:14 am

Killiri almost clenches his hand in frustration, but stops himself. "I say this with the utmost sincerity, we are here simply to see the facilities and introduce ourselves to your leaders."
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 26, 2017 8:37 am

"Follow," the liaison says curtly. He (or she) turns and heads towards the docking bay's nearest exit. The Verpine security force waits to see what you do.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri May 26, 2017 6:48 pm

"Mr Pugnator," Killiri says as he moves to follow the Verpine representative. He motions for Pugnator to join him.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 am

"Yes, Sir!" comes the response, as the self appointed bodyguard moves closer to join the commander. His weapon is relaxed but ready to be brought to bear at a moment's notice.
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 am

The Verpine leads the group of ex-Imperials through a warren of maze-like tunnels and rooms, deeper and deeper into the several hundred kilometer bulk of the enormous Nickel One asteroid. It is a literal hive, both of the Verpine and of industrious work. The group quickly loses count of the number of workshops and manufacturing facilities they're shown. Hours seem to pass, and in fact have.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Killiri is quite impressed with the tunnels. He'd never been one for fixed installations, but this one impressed him for some reason. It might have been the sheer scale of it, all the tunnels and rooms not seemingly impacting the efficiency of this base.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:31 am

After a while, short only in comparison to the time spent so far trekking through the Verpine hive, the Liaison stops in front of a door, seemingly no different than countless hundreds you've passed. "Hive leaders within."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Killiri nods. "Thank you," he says. How to say goodbye to the Verpine. not a salute, a slight bow of the head?, he wondered. He decides to give a slight bow with his head, toward the Verpine who had done the most talking.

"Alright, best behaviors, everyone, we are not here for a confrontation." Killiri opens the door to step in.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:23 am

The Verpine Liaison, along with the Security Coordinator and guards, follow the humans into the chamber. Inside, the humans see what looks like a command center, not too different from that of a warship. The interior space is at least triple the size of an Imperial capital ship bridge, though the exact size is difficult to tell as the ceiling is low and the stations block view of those behind them. Unlike an Imperial command center, there does not appear to be a central station where whomever is in control commands from.

Some of the flatscreens depict manufacturing process flows, others contain complex tabular data. There are hundreds of screens on dozens of stations, several screens to each station and each station 'manned' by a Verpine. Eerily, the room is completely quiet, the only sound a soft sursurrus of air being recycled through the ventilation system. Even where you see one Verpine apparently 'communicating' with another, neither being makes a sound. No speech, no clicking, nothing. It's kind of creepy.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Killiri tries not to look uncomfortable. They were clearly wanting to test he and his men, or at least intimidate them, and Killiri was not keen on giving them the pleasure of knowing he was uncomfortable.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 pm

After several seconds, Killiri speaks up. "Pardon my lack of familiarity with the Verpine people, but I don't know which of you that you would wish me to address."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:09 pm

The Liaison responds, "Speak to me. I pass words."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Killiri looks at the Verpine. He makes sure to keep a neutral expression, he didn't know how well Verpine could read human body language, and didn't want to risk sending the wrong message. "I am commander Killiri of the Far Orbit. Our current mission required us to stop and calculate the next step of our hyperspace journey in your system, and the Captain of our vessel suggested that I come introduce our vessel. I am interested in what kind of starship facilities you have available here, from what little I know of the Verpine you are skilled engineers. Knowing the best people in the business is always an advantage, in my experience. As an aside, your tunnels are magnificently crafted, all feeding together and twisting yet you still understand where to go and how to navigate it. There seems to be a sort of... method to the madness, and I quite like it."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:12 am

The Liaison replies, "Your Observers fail to report status of our facilities?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 pm

"We are not usually out in this part of the galaxy, we are returning from a mission we were given, and as such we didn't have much information on your system as it was not part of our mission."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 pm

"The Roche Hive Mechanical Apparatus Design and Construction Activity for Those Who Need the Hive's Machines constructs labor droids. Slayn & Korpil constructed starfighters for the Republic."

Spoiler:
Nice way to evade the awkward question on why you don't have the info you should have. Kudos.

That very long name for the droid builder is commonly shortened by non-Verpine to "Roche".
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Killiri's eyebrow rises as the Verpine says the Republic. Either these creatures had some hang up about the Empire and still called it the Republic in a mocking way, or they were working with the Alliance.

Thoughts flash through his mind. The Verpine, at least in this control room, might know about their privateering and were checking. Conversely, they could suspect the Far Orbit of being non-Imperial, and may wish to turn the crew in for a bounty.

Killiri decides to continue nonchalantly, neither drawing attention to "Republic" nor ignoring it.

"That's an impressive name for a company, although I see your people seem to value expansive but purposeful things, so the title seems apt to me. What kind of vessels do Slayn & Korpil build? I love spacecraft of all kind, it is one of the reasons I joined the Republic Navy when the Clone Wars began."

Trying to be a bit more open than usual for an Imperial officer would hopefully be a tactic of seeing if the Verpine would open up in response, Killiri hoped.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 am

"Slayn & Korpil constructed the V-19 starfighter. The Imperial Navy does not use the V-19. It has chosen inferior, less expensive designs by Sienar."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:38 pm

"The V-19 has a quite nice aesthetic, that I am sad the Empire moved away from. How long have you held your position, did you witness the V-19's usage in the Clone Wars?"

This is actually exciting, Killiri thinks. Getting to talk with the designers and builders of the ships that he helped direct and oversee in his younger days was bringing back happy memories that he hadn't thought of in years.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

"I have been Hive Liaison to the Empire since the end of the Republic; no Verpine served in the Grand Army of the Republic."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 pm

"How are your facilities at upgrading and improving on non-Verpine vessels? Are your docks dedicated solely to Verpine made craft, or do they have facilities and tools and work on non-Verpine craft?"

Killiri wishes Dune was here. He wasn't that good at diplomacy. He knows he needs to keep dancing around the elephant in the room, until the Verpine let something slip that it would be fine to talk openly.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Previous

Return to In Context