Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Search, Rescue & Research

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:15 am

We are at a bit of an awkward spot so i wanted to recap what i think we are waiting on.

Hass and Wendi's taking any final actions or RP at their location (Or going ahead and attempting the repairs).

Hass and Wendi going to the bridge to assist with the slicing. The difficulty is going to be 1eC+3eD+2eS, (formidable with one upgrade and two setbacks one for the damage to the ship and another for the environmental suits you are wearing. The upgrade is because of the computers built in security programs).

Any actions or RP those on the bridge decide to take.
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 am

@swrider did you see my question last page about the AntiRad Medicine?
Would those help reduce the per/round strain for the Irradiated chamber?
Or is there any kind of medicine check Wendi can do to lower the amount?

Also what is the check for Chira to do a general mechanics check to determine the state of the bridge and bridge controls?
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
GandofGand
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 am

DeepSpacer makes the roll. I'm just supplying him with a buttload of green dice. Gand can add one blue if you're allowing 3 people to all cluster around the same console. So, not counting whatever talents Owyn may be able to apply, Owyn's pool is 2eP+4eA+1eB+1eC+3eD+2eS. Anything that Owyn can do to improve his pool (or negate setbacks) he should. Including burning a DP.

Hass has no RP to do at the ass end of the ship.

@Gand, the GM just gave us the difficulty for Owyn to slice the console. That pretty much tells you the state of the controls: they're a Daunting mess.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 am

GandofGand wrote:@swrider did you see my question last page about the AntiRad Medicine?

Also what is the check for Chira to do a general mechanics check to determine the state of the bridge and bridge controls?

Even looking back I cant find that question.

Wendi can do the standard checks to reduce strain once individuals are out of the area. As for AntiRad medicine. For a DP flip I would allow the medicine to protect an organic for three rounds. Usable only once in a 24 hour period/ person. To clarify only one destiny point to make the medicine available not one DP for each organic.
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 am

GandofGand wrote:@swrider did you see my question last page about the AntiRad Medicine?

Shado is right you have some idea from the check difficulty of the security system but you may do an average check to get some additional information.
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:13 am

Does Hass think that he can get the rad levels under control in 9 rounds or less (he passes out on the 10th). You said that 6 was iffy, at best.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am

Hass can only see the problem through a small hole so he cant do a very good assessment. His personality and Ego say it shouldn't be a problem but that may not have a basis in reality.
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

I have to spend a DP for medicine I specifically requested when we were ordering supplies?
GandofGand
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 am

Yeah, that struck me as odd too. I remember you placing the order, and I also remember you asking the GM about using the meds a page (or two) ago.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 am

GandofGand wrote:Also, one of the things I had requested when we were getting supplies was anti-rad medicines. If I got them I would have handed them out before leaving the Blue....since we can't exactly take them while in the suits.

This was the original post.
GandofGand
Level 5

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

GandofGand wrote:
GandofGand wrote:Also, one of the things I had requested when we were getting supplies was anti-rad medicines. If I got them I would have handed them out before leaving the Blue....since we can't exactly take them while in the suits.

This was the original post.

Oh thanks GoG you can skip the DP flip for the medicines and still get the benefit since they were already in the inventory. Since I didn't see the question I had assumed it was about if any meds were available as opposed to ones you already have in stock.
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

Okay that should give Hass an extra 3 rounds for repairs then...or at least enough time to assess the issue before trying.
GandofGand
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am

Hass will go to the command module first. He's still mulling over the risk. He's not keen on being ... cooked.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

There will be a few checks which need to be made. The first will be to open the door since you already mentioned cutting the door it will be an easy check with your equipment and will take several minutes. Also the droids are going to try to stop you doing by doing anything short of harming you as such you will need to add 3 setback dice one for each droid and a fourth for working in your environmental suit.

final pool is easy with 4 setback.

For when/ if we get there.

I previously gave the difficulty for the computers check to slice the systems so we will wait for deep spacer to be able to roll on that. He cant use orokos from work and the verdict is still out on my roller so it probably will be this afternoon at the earliest that he can make the roll.
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:31 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:Ari tells Chira, "No. He's coming here to help Owyn crack the lockout on the consoles."

I don't believe there has been any communication between the two groups since the split so Ari wouldn't know that. Unless I missed a post.
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am

Hass reported his findings to Ari. I'm pretty sure that I mentioned it in the OOC a while back. I just never wrote an IC post for it, just said so in the OOC.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

OK.
swrider
Level 20

Postby DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:10 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:DeepSpacer makes the roll. I'm just supplying him with a buttload of green dice. Gand can add one blue if you're allowing 3 people to all cluster around the same console. So, not counting whatever talents Owyn may be able to apply, Owyn's pool is 2eP+4eA+1eB+1eC+3eD+2eS. Anything that Owyn can do to improve his pool (or negate setbacks) he should. Including burning a DP.

Hass and Wendi going to the bridge to assist with the slicing. The difficulty is going to be 1eC+3eD+2eS, (formidable with one upgrade and two setbacks one for the damage to the ship and another for the environmental suits you are wearing. The upgrade is because of the computer's built in security programs).

Codebreaker(2) - remove two SB dice to break codes, that should remove them. It doesn't say necessarily where those SB dice come from, environmental or computer.
Natural Programmer - reroll computers check

So we're not repairing the ship and the radiation problem?
DeepSpacer
Level 8

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 pm

My idea is to try to ascertain what's wrong with the engines remotely, either through the ship's internal sensors or the ship's logs, or both. That way Hass knows what to expect -- besides glowing in the dark.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:51 am

What? Deprive us of endless "Glow Worm" joke opportunities? 8D
GandofGand
Level 5

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:55 am

Since no one has posted IC I'm assuming that we're all waiting on the GM to post IC the "finished results".
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 am

That is good to know as I've been waiting for a response. Today is my daughters birthday so I probably won't get them up today.
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 pm

A complete list of critical hits. There are also many minor annoyances around the ship which could use repairs and the ST is at 24/25 HT 49/50. I did say this was a very badly damaged ship
Spoiler:
Hyperdrive or Navicomputer Failure (difficulty average)
Cannot make any jump to hyperspace until repaired. If ship or vehicle has no hyper drive, navigation systems fail leaving it unable to tell where it is or is going.

Power Fluctuations(difficulty average)
Pilot cannot voluntarily inflict system strain on the ship until repaired.

Shields Down(difficulty average)
Decrease defense in affected defense zone to 0 and all other defense zones by 1 point until repaired. If ship or vehicle has no defense, suffer 4 system strain. 91-99

Engine Damaged(difficulty average)
Ship or vehicle’s maximum speed reduced to 1, until repaired.

Shield Overload(difficulty average)
Decrease defense in all defense zones to 0 until repaired. reduce armor by 1 until repaired.

Major System Failure(difficulty hard for each component)
Component from Small Ship Components or Large Ship Components (see list below) is rendered inoperable until repaired.

[spoiler]
Weapon Systems offline
  • (1) Dorsal Turret Mounted Twin Medium Turbolaser (Fire Arc: All; Damage: 10; Critical: ωωω; Range: Long; Qualities: Breach 3, Slow Firing 1, Linked 1)
  • (1) Ventral Turret Mounted Twin Medium Turbolaser (Fire Arc: All; Damage: 10; Critical: ωωω; Range: Long; Qualities: Breach 3, Slow Firing 1, Linked 1)
  • *(2) Port Turret Mounted Light Turbolaser (Fire Arc: Port; Damage: 9; Critical: ωωω; Range: Medium; Qualities: Breach 2, Slow Firing 1)*one check for both port light turbolasers
  • *(2) Starboard Turret Mounted Light Turbolaser (Fire Arc: Starboard; Damage: 9; Critical: ωωω; Range: Medium; Qualities: Breach 2, Slow Firing 1)*one check for both starborad light turbolasers

Sensors
knocked offline completely and ship effectively blind until restarted or repaired.

Comms
Ship cannot send or receive electronic signals or data.

Bridge
No starship maneuvers or starship actions may be executed. locked out
fixed

Destabilized (difficulty average)
Reduce ship or vehicle’s hull trauma threshold and system strain threshold to half original values until repaired.

[/spoiler]
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 am

DeepSpacer wrote:"Wow! I don't think this ship will EVER fly again! I don't think there's an end to this list!" exclaims Owyn as he pulls the diagnostic information up on a monitor and begins to scroll downward, and scroll, and scroll.......and scroll....

look on the bright side the ship is in such bad condition the alliance may be willing to part with it.
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 am

Heh it'd likely be cheaper to scrap it for parts.
GandofGand
Level 5

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context