Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Search, Rescue & Research

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 11:07 am

Wendi follows in behind, looking around curiously, "So is anyone actually wounded? Be a shame to have lugged all this gear for no good reason."
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am

Our engineer was badly wounded while attempting to make repairs on the outside of the ship.
We currently have him in cryo-cycle stasis.
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Wendi nods, "Show me the way, I'm not familiar with the layout of this kind of...ship."
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Your host continues to move forward the third individual falling in behind the group. You quickly arrive at an airlock style door which opens to allow the group in. Once inside your host triggers the controls and you can feel the area pressurizing. Once completed the Zabrek removes his envirosuit helmet indicating that it is safe to do the same. The far door opens and you are led out into a decent size bay. Several bunks are stacked along one wall and many papers and datapads are strewn about. There are numerous consoles and stations throughout the room that appear to be offline.

A lurman looks up form his datapad acknowledging your entrance.Image
Before his is able to speak, however, Your host points to a stasis tank in the far corner with another individual inside.
Image
"This is our chief engineer any medical assistance you can provide would be appreciated."
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Wendi steps over to examine the cryo-tube, wiping the condensate off the tube and eyeing what she can see of the wounded being.

Initial Scan:
Spoiler:
Basic Medical Exame: 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Moderate Scan:
Spoiler:
Medical check - Scanner: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Preliminary signs show the being to have suffered a severe crushing blow to the mid section. Deformities in his abdominal cavity indicate there may be substantial internal damage.

Utilizing the scanner reveals several internal bleeding, several bruised organs, and cracked ribs.
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Wendi whistles and shakes her head, "What happened to him? His internals are severely damaged. Looks like something heavy smashed into his thoracic cavity...at any rate I can't fix him here, we'll need to get him to the Blue and into the bacta tank." she pauses to look at Ari, "Can we get some of your droids in here to help move him?"
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Spoiler:
The pair of J9s are with the group precisely to function as manual labor. Over-smart manual labor. The ECM-598 includes a collapsible repulsorlift gurney. I suggest you offer it.


Ari replies, "Of course. That's why I brought the J9s."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm

As Ari speaks the monitors begins to power-up and a new background hum echos through the cavity.
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

"Ah nevermind, here already...excellent. Help me load him onto the Gurney." she says to the JC's and quickly sets up the gurney to transfer the Patient over.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm

The Givin speaks upHis Enviro suit was damaged in the accident and has not yet been repaired. Unfortunately, he has a larger built than the rest of us and we do not have a spare. The lemur slinks away from the table and returns with a damaged enviro-suite which he places on the table.
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Meanwhile, Hass and the R2 unit execute an EVA to repair the sublight drives and sensors.

Spoiler:
engines...
Mechanics check: 3eP+3eA+2eB+3eD+1eS 4 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
correction: 1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
Image
total is 4S+6A+1T

sensors...
Mechanics check: 3eP+3eA+2eB+2eD+1eS 1 success, 10 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Wendi nods and replies "We have spares but if he's already cryo-frozen we shouldn't need it to transfer him to our ship anyway. I can thaw him on our ship where my full suite of supplies is available.
Last edited by GandofGand on Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 2:12 pm

The Lurman speaks for the first time. "May I accompany him?"
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Ari replies, "Perhaps. Who are you? And why do you wish to accompany him?"
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby GandofGand » Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Wendi blinks and looks down at him then shrugs, "I don't care one way or another but unless you have any medical training stay out of my way when I'm working on him...and if you do have training tell me now."
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
User avatar
GandofGand
Level 5
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 2:27 pm

" I am Waa ach oot. The ships pilot. My species is quite adept at healing, but I have only a basic knowledge of such things. He is my friend and should not awake amongst strangers and droids"
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 pm

"You may come, but you will be scanned for weapons before you enter our airlock."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm

"Violence is not the way of my people. I carry no weapons."
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 4:52 pm

A pacifist Rebel. Isn't that an oxymoron? Must be one of those that lets others get their hands dirty while they feel superior to those of us who take the risks. Aloud Ari says, "We have been hired to be your weapons."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

"For centuries peace was our only weapon. May such times come again soon."
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 pm

"For centuries you had the Jedi and the Republic to protect you. Now there is the Empire, and the Jedi are history, all but forgotten by most."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm

The Jedi brought the war to my people not the empire. Their republic's war created the Empire and its army. How many people has that protected?
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Ari answers with cold silence. It's pointless to debate history with a pacifist who has completely bought the Empire's version of history. The Empire has rewritten history to make the Jedi the aggressors and criminals, and this poor fool hasn't the wit to see past the lies.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Search, Rescue & Research

Postby swrider » Fri May 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Once in his envrisuit and everything is ready to go the Lurman escorts you back to the airlock and to your ship. He allows you to enter first and submits to your scan which shows no weapons. You make your way to the makeshift medical bay. Waa remains to the side out of the way, but ready to calm his friend when he awakes.
swrider
Level 20
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to In Context

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

suspicion-preferred