Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (IC)

IC Game Play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (IC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:25 pm

The man scowls, "I ain't no officer like you. Yer old 'nuff ta know betta." But he grasps Dune's hand in a crushing grip. After a seemingly interminable, and quite painful time, which is really only a moment, the sergeant releases Dune's now-white hand and blood flow returns to his fingers in a tingly wave.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm

"I understand you know something about the Eiattu massacre. I had friends, in the Alliance cell, that died there, and I'm very much interested in finding out who perpetrated it."
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm

"The Empire did fer yer friends. Dat's 'nuff. Wat more ya need ta know?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm

"The mission of the cell was a transfer of military grade weapons. The Empire could have only managed to attack if tipped off by someone connected to the cell. I intend to find out who that traitor was."
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 am

"Yer source fer da weaps could'a sold ya out. Or da weaps might'a been tagged by da Impies. Or ya was spotted from o'bit. Plenny of ways fer ya ta get blown. Shur it had ta be a traitor?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 pm

"My friends had been doing that sort of thing for years since the Clone Wars, they wouldn't have slipped up that easily."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:06 am

The sergeant shrugs, "Didn't say dey was stupid nor careless. No one's perfect. Alz it takes is one itsy bitsy mistake. Prob'bly didn't even knows it. But if yer dink yer pals were flawless, den I'd bet it were yer seller. Prob'bly got a better deal from da Impies. Seen it happen too many times. Made a deal, took da Imp coin, and den got wasted by da Imps anyway fer dealin' wit Rebs. Imps ain't forgivin' types."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 pm

"You're probably right. It's been eating me for a while, a desire to know for sure what actually happened. But I suppose it's generally a fool's hope to ever actually learn the full story. Thanks for you time, can I buy you a drink?"
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:25 pm

"Never turn down a drink. Name's Sundown. Nik Sundown. Black Squad, 3rd Regiment."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:37 pm

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Nice to talk to some non-Imps for a while."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:59 pm

"Some of da best Rebels were Imps. Our Gen'ral Madine. Gen'ral Dodonna. I hear yer Cap'tin's not yer typ'cal Imp. Takes guts, an' balls, to stick it to da Empire by makin off wit a whole cap ship."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:30 am

After several days at the lovely ocean world of Dac, the Far Orbit is refueled, fully staffed in all departments (including flight ops and security), and ready to head out. Lieutenant Santiago plots a course along the hyperlanes to Roche in the Mid Rim, a convenient stopover point as the insectoid Verpine inhabitants are friendly to the Rebel Alliance. Vedij personally gives the order to jump and the ship enters hyperspace smoothly. Forty hours later the vessel arrives in the Roche system, an unremarkable main sequence yellow dwarf sun orbited only by an enormous asteroid belt.

Spoiler:
Astrogation check: 4eP+4eB 3 successes, 8 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

"Begin the hyperspace calculations for our next jump."

Killiri glances out over the view of the Roche system. He'd never been here, that he could recall, but the asteroid belt was stunning he had heard.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 am

Killiri activates his comm and sends a message to the Captain. "Captain, we've arrived at the Roche system. Would you like us to hail the orbital control station or continue on?"
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 pm

"Hail the Verpine, Commander. I think it would be most rude of us not to greet and visit them. We're no longer a warship in the service of the Empire. We're no longer bound by the xenophobia of the New Order. Perhaps we can make some friends here. One can never have too many friends, don't you think?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 pm

"I agree Captain. Should I hail the Verpine Orbital Command and introduce ourselves to them as Alliance privateers? We did arrive from Dac, and we have an Alliance officer onboard?"

He orders Santiago to cease calculations. "My apologies Ms. Santiago."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu May 04, 2017 7:36 am

"That would be foolish, Commander. We do not know who might be eavesdropping, and while the Verpine are sympathetic to the Rebels, I'm sure that they, like any other species, must have individuals who would gladly betray us for profit. They are not a hive-mind species. I think that prudence is in order. Just politely request permission to dock at one of their facilities. Proper introductions should be handled in person. Not over unsecured comms."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 pm

"I will send a hail asking if we may then make port at their facilities, Captain, and will discuss real introductions once we make port."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 am

"Good, Commander, carry on." Vedij closes the comm channel.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri May 05, 2017 4:27 pm

"Comms, send a hail to the Verpine orbital command asking for permission for the Far Orbit to dock at their facilities."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm

"Yes, Sir! Hailing them now." A short while later, the comm officer replies, "Permission has been granted, Commander. We are to dock at Nickel One, coordinates have been sent."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Fri May 05, 2017 5:25 pm

"Excellent, take us in."
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 am

Lieutenant Ross expertly pilots the Far Orbit through the asteroid field on a route well-marked by nav buoys to a parking orbit near one particularly large metal-rich asteroid that is bristling with structures both on the surface and burrowed deep into the rock. Brenko notes that nestled amidst the numerous landing bays there are a substantial number of heavy turbolaser and ion cannon emplacements, more than sufficient to deter even an Imperial-class star destroyer, and sensors detect the power signature of a shield generator strong enough to deflect any bombardment.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Killiri lets the Captain know they are parked in orbit near an asteroid station.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 pm

The Captain acknowledges the report, "Very good, Commander, carry on," and closes the comm channel, returning to whatever he was doing.

Spoiler:
Killiri is in charge.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to In Context