Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pirate's Bay

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 pm

The astromech continues to roll forward unfazed by MidDen's calls. 3PX calls out after MidDen, "He called out 'come friend'. It is quite peculiar indeed."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby Farsox » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:32 am

Eckhal grabs a few rebreathers from a storage cabinet and puts them into a pack. He puts on a mask that is suited for him before moving out of the ship. As he sets foot on the surface of the asteroid, he motions for the others.

"Does anyone need one of these?" he says, holding up one of the extra masks.

Then, he notices one of the Astromech units wandering off. He moves closer to MidDen, hoping to find out what is going on. Is she sending the droid ahead to scan the facility? When 3PX reveals the little droid's message, it startles him .

"Wasn't this the message that we heard at the beacon?" He says to MidDen. "It seems like a trap. If we go after it, we should probably go together."
Eckhal Gebsam
Wounds 14:0
Strain 13:1
User avatar
Farsox
Level 2
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Ari taps her own mask in response, "I'm good; ready to go." She then instructs K9 to scout ahead and ED to protect the exploration party from a position at the rear of the group. ED is tall enough to provide covering fire over everyone's heads. Ari herself will take point amongst the organics, well behind K9 (at least medium range from the leading droid).
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:35 pm

"That was the message, or at least very close." MidDen replied to the Mon Cal. "Though this one seems to be written in such a way to provide some level of compulsion." She added while she took a quick picture of the words.

"Yes, we better get moving if we are going to have a chance to keep up. Here, use my scanner, you might be able to track them better - not to mention keep anything else from surprising us." She detached her general purpose scanner and handed it over to Eckhal.

After pausing a moment to take another photograph of the words, MidDen hurried after Ari and the protective droids, quickly falling in behind the better armed and military minded human. She kept her eye stocks swiveling as she moved, trying to watch and listen in every direction the suit would allow her to.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:55 am

As you pass through the doorway a long hallway stretches out in front of you and another to your right. The light of the astromech disappear can be seen faintly round a corner to off to the right at the end of the hallway in front of you. The trail of blood continues along the floor in that direction. You follow the trail scanning as you go turning down the second hallway. You pass a collapses doorway on the right which appears to have led to an old storage room. Continuing forward you approach the end of the second hallway and can see an open doorway in front of you and a passageway leading off to the left. Scan revel numerous droids congregating in the open room as well as a single faint humanoid lifeform.

Back on the ship sensors review several droids approaching the door. From the hallway immediately to the right as you pass through the door. The droids enter the bay and begin moving toward the Cherenkov Blue.

Please note the bases inherent shielding limits the range of scanners to only the adjoining rooms. This shielding affect applies to the ships sensors as well, with the exception that the ship is able to track you by locking onto your communicators.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

droids?!?!

Postby DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:43 pm

"This is Owyn.... Five droids have entered the hangar from the doorway. Did you all send them here? ...Over.", says Owyn into the comlink.

"Hmmm.... Are these things here to repair and refuel the ship like on some kind of auto-deployment mode? Or are they going to start hacking the ship apart? Better not take any chances...thinks Owyn to himself. He'll bring the port/starboard/ventral weaponry to bear on the droids (or, issue a command for the gunner droids to do so.)
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 6
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:19 pm

"Negative." MidDen replied, trying to sound professional. "We haven't run into any droids yet ourselves, but we've been picking up a number on the scanners. You better keep the elevator up and latched just in case."
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 am

As the Cherenkov Blue's Weapons take aim at the droids the sensors on the ship light up and alarms start sounding. A quick Glance in their direction indicates that the Pirate's Ship has powered up its weapons facing the Cherenkov blue and their torrents have locked onto the ship.

The droids continue to march toward the Cherenkov blue.

Spoiler:
if the droids make it to the blue they begin trying to access the cargo elevator to gain access tot he ship.


Meanwhile the droids in the tunnels continue to hum about in the room to the front of the exploration group. A repair droid appears from the side tunnel with a humanoid body begin drug behind it. It passes momentarily into your view before turning and entering the room with the other droid. Sensors indicate that the sole humanoid in the room is severely injured and its life signs are fading.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Orders are orders

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:04 am

Confident in the ship's Weaponry, Owen conjures up his best imitation of Ari's intonation and vernacular and gives the order over the ship's Comm the way he thinks she would give it, "Ventral Gunner, destroy those droids before they can attack or gain entrance to the ship. All other Gunners concentrate fire on that pirate ship!"
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 6
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

FIRE!!!!

Postby DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 pm

The Ventral Quad Laser Cannon tears into the droids with great impact!
Spoiler:
Firing at Droids: 2eP+1eB+2eD+1eC 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
adjusting +e1D: 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
Image
Damage is "6"....but I think that is 60 in personal scale.
Will Spend Triumph to upgrade next ally's attack.
The Dorsal Quad Laser Cannon sends several bolts into the Pirate ship, hitting it directly with two bolts.
Spoiler:
Dorsal Gun at Pirate Ship (upgraded by Triumph): 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
7 Damage + 7 Damage (Using 2 Adv to activate Linked)
The pair of Twin Heavy Laser Cannons open up from the side of the ship. The first, peppering bolts off the ship's armor. The second volley of bolts seems to hit home.
Spoiler:
Twin Heavy LC's: 2eP+1eB+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageUsing 1 Adv to pass a boost to next shot.Twin Heavy LC's: 2eP+2eB+1eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage7 Damage, passing boost to next check.
Last edited by ShadoWarrior on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: corrected bad copy/paste in edit by DeepSpacer
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 6
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Boosting Shields!!!

Postby DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Owyn works frantically to boost the shields facing the pirate vessel before it can fire back. After doing so, he hurriedly moves over to a computer terminal and prepares to either Scan the Target or Slice the enemy ship's systems.
Spoiler:
mechanics check to boost shields (DESTINY POINT), boost from the droid attack: 3eA+1eP+1eB+3eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageShields facing the Pirate Vessel now boosted to 3 Defense for one round. (Spending 2 Adv to use a maneuver to get to a computer terminal quickly....no real tangible use immediately available unless one says I can pass a Boost to the next player even if they are not near the ship.
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 6
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 am

The incoming droids are blasted to pieces as the force of the blast sends tremors throughout the asteroid. Nearly simultaneously the back of the Pirate ship is obliterated by fire from the Cherenkov blue. A large gaping whole is left in the back of the ship and the few rear facing weapons hang partially disconnected from the damaged vessel.

Moments later the dim lighting in the cargo bay fades as the force shield is deactivated. The dim haze which had previously exits moves rapidly out into space as the entire asteroid begins to depressurize.

The sudden loss of pressure startles the group further in the asteroid but their removed location makes it easy for them to maintain their balance until the entirely of the thin atmosphere is vented to space. They switch their protective masks to provide full atmosphere. The life sign on the scanner seems to fade out and you know there are only moments left on that organics life.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Reboarding

Postby DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 am

Owyn will make preparations for year members to get back on the ship. If possible, he will vacuum seal the section of the ship with the entrance and then repressurise when the door is closed again.

"Droids, prepare to reacquire scout team."
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Level 6
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Hearing the sound of the life signs fading from the scanner, MidDen couldn't help but leap into action. Pistol in one hand and medical kit in the other, she rushed around the corner into the mysterious room. Every ounce of caution had not left her, however, and she took the moment to evaluate the threat the droids might represent before she rushed to the dying person's side.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:32 am

MidDen stops suddenly as she enters the doorway. A room filled with droids, approximately 15, lies before her. maintenance tools on the walls and a large oil vat in the center indicate it was used as a droid maintenance area. One of the two missing astromch droids is descending into the pool as you enter. a faint shimmer of light reflecting off the surface reveals it to be a deep red color. As your eyes drift upward you notice a humanoid being held up by to maintenance droids. The humanoids legs are severed and blood is dripping down into the vat. Slowly each droid in the room turns to face you their mechanical eyes glowing in the dim light. Your astromech continues to descend until it is completely submerged in what now appears to be humanoid blood.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23 pm

The world seemed to progress in slow motion as MidDen took in the horrifying image playing out before her. She had read and learned of many a strange ritual before, even ones involving sentient sacrifice and blood, but somehow that knowledge and understanding made the scene before worse, rather then better.

She took a step back, then a second. Then she ran back the way she came.
User avatar
Quicksilver
Level 12
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:42 pm

MidDen reaches the ship as final preparations are made to take off. Wasting no time the ship leaps from the asteroid. The pirates, if there are any remaining alive, are trapped on the asteroid and have no way of communicating with the outside world. A quick meeting of the minds confirms everyone desire to depart. It is agreed that the risk of attempting to retrieve the missing data is too great.

Your trip back to the space port is uneventful and before refueling operations are even finished Fuerza Delta arrives. The news of the pirates brings a smile to her face and she pays the crew their monthly salary of 15,000 credits. Fuerza: " Speak with our man Sparky if you need any repairs to your ship. We do not have another mission for you for a few days so enjoy some time in the city."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 pm

After a few days in port, a young unkempt human kid arrives at the ship asking to speak to the crew by name. Judging from his dress and relatively unkempt state you would assume he was from the more rugged parts of the city. "Fuerza Delta would like to have a word with your crew over at corporate headquarters. She said that she may have a job for you and if you are interested you need to go to her office before mid-day tomorrow and not after 5:00pm tonight."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 am

Hardnox glares at the child suspiciously before Ari steps in thanking the young human for the information. The Journey to the office was easy enough. The local authorities are no longer looking for MidDen which allowed you to walk the streets openly. Entering in through the front lobby you were immediately directed through a security door and down to a sub level back to the office of Fuerza Delta. On some level you expected her office to by on the upper floors near the meeting rooms you had utilized previously. upon arrival at the floor you are greeted by another locked security door. A droid head immediately poops out of a previously enclosed opening and examines each of you before popping back inside. A few minutes latter and the door opens revealing two armed and armored security guards there to escort you back to Fuerza's office. Passing through cages of weapons, explosives, armor, and various other security equipment you arrive at a primitive enclosure consisting of little more that four temporary walls and some basic over head lighting. Passing through an opening on one of the walls you see Fuerza sitting at her desk. "Thank you for coming. Please sit down. I have two sensitive issues that I am unable to deal with simultaneously. Since our current endeavors have turn out well so far, I was hoping you may be of assistance." She passes datapads to everyone in the group. "Details of the two situations are available for your review please take a few minute and consult among yourselves." She stands up and begins to leave the area pausing momentarily at the entrance. "Would anybody like a caf or perhaps a water?
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 am

Ari replies, "Thank you. I'll take a caf."
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 am

Waiting a few moments for the others to respond, and seeing nothing but a few heads shaking no, Fuerza steps out of the room."Everything is on the datapads, but feel free to ask me questions when I get back." Fuerza says as she disappears out of the area.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 am

Fuerza Returns after approximately 15 minutes. Any last questions before you tell me your decision?
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 am

Ari responds, "Yes. Which task is more important to you?"
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby swrider » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:07 pm

"They are both high priority which is why I need assistance. Personally, I dislike shuttling big wigs around and would prefer to deliver the parts. My superiors would prefer I play chaperon, but have agreed to give you your choice of assignment."
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 2 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 6
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 19
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: Pirate's Bay

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

"We'll deliver the parts. I'm not overly fond of playing nursemaid, either," Ari smiles as she replies.
User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

PreviousNext

Return to In Context

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

suspicion-preferred