Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Orys Nor- swrider

Initial Character concepts can be posted here prior to a new game's sub-forum being created.

Moderator: GameMasters

Orys Nor- swrider

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Career: Ace
Specialization: Hotshot
Species: Human male
Experience: 0/40
Characteristics: Brawn 2, Agility 4, Intelligence 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 3
Wound Threshold: 0/12, Strain Threshold: 0/12, Soak: 3 (2 + 1 for armor), Defense: 1/1
General Skills: Astrogation 1, Cool 2, Coordination 0, Gunnery 2, Mechanics 0, Perception 0, Piloting (Planetary) 2, Piloting (Space) 2
Combat Skills: Ranged (Light) 1
Knowledge Skills:
Talents: High G Training 1, Short Cut 2, Skilled Jockey

Equipment Comlink (handheld), Military Pack, Stimpack ×2, AG/L Mk. III Targeting Goggles
Gear:
Armor: A/KT Wing Commandeer Armored Flight Suit
Weapons: Blaster Pistol
Money: 450,000 in accounts + 10,537 credits.
Encumbrance: 2/13

Appearance

Height:
Build:
Hair colour:
Eyes:

Personality

Orys is laconic and easygoing. He's quick with a smile and has something about him that puts people at ease. Despite his demeanor, Orys harbors some deep-seated anger and is a force to behold once his ire is raised.

Story

Orys Nor was a native of Alderaan, growing up bathed in the lights of Aldera. From an early age Orys was enchanted by the majesty of the Republic and wanted nothing more than to be a part of it. Not even the transition from Republic to Empire could knock the stars from his eyes, and on his 18th birthday Orys entered the Imperial academy.

Orys's aptitude tests got him assigned to TIE Fighter training, a job he relished. He would be flying starfighters, just like so many heroes of the Republic! He graduated third in his class, and soon became a member of TIE Fighter Squadron 946, the Screaming Gundarks, stationed aboard the Interdictor cruiser Constrainer.

The Constrainer was primarily an anti-smuggling vessel, and life was unexciting and routine for Orys. He flew daily patrols, using short range sensors on any vessel caught by the Constrainer's gravity wells. Every once in a while a smuggler would make a run for it, and Orys would get to practice his gunnery. He was happy. He got along well with the rest of TFS-946, and he liked his work. He quickly earned several promotions, and within a year was the XO of TFS-946.

That all changed with one fateful broadcast. Orys watched in horror as a reporter described the Death Star's destruction of Alderaan, his home. How could the Empire, in all its glory, stoop so low as to murder billions of innocents? How could they build the Death Star in the first place? Orys's world was shattered. He became reclusive, fighting with his squadronmates. He still flew his missions, but he found himself intentionally missing when ordered to shoot down smugglers. Intentionally miscalibrating his sensors to miss contraband.

In secret, Orys began reading about the Rebel Alliance. They seemed to stand for everything that had made the Republic stand so tall in his youth. The more he read, the more he realized just what the Empire had turned the Republic into. Orys resolved to defect.

He got his chance when the Constrainer pulled a trio of blockade runners from hyperspace. The Constrainer was able to destroy two of them before it was forced to flee. Orys ignored the recall order for its TIE squadrons. Powering down his engines, Orys hid in the debris field until the Constrainer entered hyperspace. Once the coast was clear he activated his distress beacon and hailed the blockade runner.

The blockade runner wasn't part of the Rebel Alliance, but the captain was sympathetic to Orys's story. He gave Orys passage to StarForge Station, a change of clothes, and some pocket money. Orys is now wandering the station, trying to make contacts that will let him put his skills to use against the Empire that betrayed his trust.

Obligation
Bounty: 15

Duty
Space Superiority: 10

Motivations
Cause: Justice for Alderaan.

XML file
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Re: Orys Nor- swrider

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

This is not yet ready for review it is currently being rebuilt.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:40 am

This is ready for review. It is built to be an almost perfect match of the prior players build.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:15 pm

The basic crunch is flawless. Before I approve, there are two things. One is, of course, my tidying-up pass on the post. The other is that he has lots of money to spend. Sure you don't want to spend some of it, perhaps on attachments/mods and more gear? Or are you waiting for approval and then intend to do such things in the IC/OOC threads?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Both. I have been busy rebuilding the character so I have not given much though to equipment. Since he is a pilot most of the things he wants are on the star-fighter which the ship already upgraded. Ill give it another look, but feel it is safe to say he will just be stashing money for now until he has enough to get a really nice fighter.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:55 pm

I've cleaned up the post. But while doing so I noticed that you have not specified his Duty, just the amount that's been earned to date.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:00 pm

I could not find one mentioned in the previous character. Should i just chose one or did this character already fill a specific duty. something like Space Superiority would be my guess.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

The original sheet had none, since the character was created using Obligation. You are free to pick whatever you feel is appropriate to how you see him. Space Superiority is commonplace amongst pilots, but there may be another one that suits your concept of him (and ties to his backstory) better.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Edited I went ahead and chose space superiority none of the others made any sense with this character in this position.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Approved.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to Character Review