Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

World's Largest Dungeon!

If you want to start a game, start a thread here first.

World's Largest Dungeon!

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:56 pm

So, this is just a quick interest check to see if anyone would want to get stuck in the World's Largest Dungeontm a fully contained, 1-20 level, six square mile, 1-of-every-monster underground adventure.

It would be in it's original D&D 3.5 glory, with a few small (or not so small) house rules.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Re: World's Largest Dungeon!

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:47 am

Anyone?
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Sorry, but speaking just for myself, I don't do level-based game systems if I have any choice. For fantasy I prefer Harnmaster. Also, no offense, but I had my fill of mindless Monty Haul monster-bashing gaming many years ago. Now that I'm old(er) and grey I prefer something with real roleplay and intellectual stimulation.

You may wish to consider posting on d20radio's board, or on rpol.net. 3.5 is still popular, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding takers on sites with many d20 gamers. From what I've seen on this board the many Pathfinder-based (d20) games hosted here haven't lasted very long. Since I don't read the threads of games I'm not playing in, I couldn't say why they've died. Though I have my suspicions.

Best of luck.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:59 am

I'd be down for a game like this quicksilver. Though for the next few months ill only be able to post once or so a week. sorry for the delayed response it is due to the above mentioned reason.

Also I love 3.5 but there is a free version of the rules available (from wizards) for D&D 5.0 which is also great. They have simplified a lot of things but still kept the D&D feel (unlike, in my opinion, 4th edition)

Let me know if there is enough interest to get this going.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 am

To be honest, I prefer D&D 5e myself, at least of the D&Ds. I'd originally put for 3.5 simply because that's what the adventure book is written in – I wanted to save myself the work of translating it to a new system. However, if everyone would prefer another system I'm happy to do that. I could move it to 5e without a terrible amount of difficulty or, with slightly more work, move it to a hack of Force and Destany. (Remove the technology and you have a mystics-knights game) or Fate.

Once a week is fine, I'm not in a hurry.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ennervance » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:28 am

I'd love to run an Artificer through it - sorry I'd missed this post earlier. I hated the 5e artificer they 'made' so I'd rather do it in 3.5.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm actually perfectly happy to run the game for two, or at least start the game with two players. It's just a matter of throwing in a couple of (extra) house rules to help balance that encounters and take off the 'need class x' points. Artificer is an interesting class, and I think actually both uniquely suited and a unique challenge for this game.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ennervance » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:48 pm

We could also take the 'cohorts' route - I have a kobold sorc/barbarian I could easily run alongside him. All the sorc spells are defensive so there's almost no bookkeeping for him, and the Arti has a pared-down spell list as-is.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby swrider » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:22 pm

That works for me. My favorite 3.5 class is a druid but I will probably go for a fighter if it is just the two of us. I'm feeling the eccentric artificer and his body guard vibe going on here.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ennervance » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 pm

While I really like the pairing idea, I worry about how much modification Quicksilver will have to do with not just monsters, but also hazards, rewards, things like that just to bring it to that scale. IIRC it also recommended a full healbot cleric just to help survive, and while I can wing it in a pinch, the arti is at best half-wiz, half-rogue and half-cleric.

(I had an amazing time filling all three roles in an Eberron game six or so years ago. With said artificer. The rest of the party was beatsticks and fed him money to make him work.)

If the cohort route is acceptable, we could still do that pairing - perhaps planning ahead, the Artificer taps a kobold who owes him a favor and the Fighter has a cousin with an inherent knack at nature spells :)
ennervance
Level 4

Postby swrider » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Alternatively we could both run two characters until others join in. Making it a party of 4. My 2nd could be a cleric.

swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 am

Glad to see your both still interested – I have two thoughts on how to start up with two players. First, we can just run it as two standard characters. I that case I'll start you both at level 2, and make natural healing quicker (more akin to 5e) so that you can survive without a clerical healing battery. Alternately, I'll add four henchman NPCs to your group: (NPC classes). They'll be of your design and subject to your joint control/RP. (I prefer this method to adding second PC style characters because it keeps your main PCs as the focus.)

I've run at least this first area with a party of 3, and the book has things on reducing difficulty, so I'm not too worried about adjusting. On a related note, I would recommend very strongly against a Druid in this setting, you'll be in an unnatural underground setting for the vast majority of the adventure. Otherwise, I'd say pick what you want to play and think will be interesting, and I'll make the adventure work.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Given those options I think I would prefer to have just the one PC rather than a group of Four henchmen. As a player I find it better to be able to focus on just one or two characters rather then spreading my concentration between a PC and group of NPCs.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ennervance » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Agreed here on the semi-solo route. Faster healing would definitely help even out the damage I'm sure we're going to be taking.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:00 am

Aright, I'll ask Shado about setting up a forum. In the mean time, you can start on character creation using a 30-pt point buy for stats, maximum hit points, and at ECL 2.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:22 am

It might help to know the name of the game...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:38 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:It might help to know the name of the game...

:oops: Details, details...

Let's go with "The Lost Precinct"
This:
http://efdreams.com/data_images/dreams/torch/torch-02.jpg
would make a good icon for it as well.

Thanks Shado.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby swrider » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:56 am

Quicksilver, how much coin do we have to purchase starting equipment since we are starting at 2nd lvl?

swrider
Level 20

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:12 pm

1000 gold (total) You may buy magical items if desired (and affordable)
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Your new forum(s) now be live. Enjoy!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to Game Listings