Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pirate's Bay OOC

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Pirate's Bay OOC

Postby GandofGand » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 am

Yes moneys would be good. Almost done otherwise.

Also what is the setting time-frame? What year? Will help flesh out my background.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:14 pm

You cab have 2,000 credits for character creation. Anything with a rarity of 1 is 75% off and anything else under rarity 4 is 50% off. You get 25% off on rarity five. That should be fair.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby GandofGand » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Is that in addition to the normal starting, or replacing normal?

Gear is the last thing I need to finish off the character, should be able to post it up tomorrow.
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I assumed in addition to the 500 + 1d100 roll. 2000 credits is not a whole lot of money for a +100xp character. Just enough to get basic weapons and armor and a few sundries. I've already spent nearly 800 credits on my build and haven't even looked at weapons and armor yet. Of course, with the discount on low-rarity items he's very graciously giving us, a lot of those sundries (carrying gear, breath mask, etc.) become dirt cheap.

My snake isn't a combatant, and that's going to be reflected in his gear and his preferences during roleplay. OTOH, he's a truly kick-*** technical genius. With an INT of 6, there's not much in the way of brainy stuff that he doesn't have a good chance at getting done.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:30 pm

My snake is done, except for a physical description and personality. Those will be pretty easy, as he's a rather unremarkable example of his species in all ways, save for his extraordinary intelligence.

I gave him a Bounty Obligation, to reflect that the Hutts will be pissed when he quits his job and disappears. I'm sure that our GM will have fun with that, and make the party's life ... interesting as a consequence.

As per the last sentence of his (skimpy) backstory, he'll need to be introduced to Ari & company. This requires GM intervention, as Ari wasn't actually looking for new crew. So our new tech and medic/pilot need an 'in' with the group.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

Sorry for delay of posting up character, got busy this weekend, will be up tonight.
Last edited by GandofGand on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 am

"Busty" this weekend"? Well, good for you, then. ;)
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby GandofGand » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 am

sigh...everyone wants to be a comedian...8D

edited...character is 99% ready to go barring any final tweaks...oh and a Gun purchase.
Actually with those discounts 200cr can go quite a way,,,the Star Wars Index helps a lot as well...
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby GandofGand » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Where is the link to the Dice Roller App being used to post results? I thought I saw it somewhere last week but can't find it for the life of me...8P
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks.

Also, Wendi is posted...just need to finish gear.
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby GandofGand » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 am

Ah well it seems i can't use Orokos, requires login and no option to create a new account to login WITH.
Any other rollers I can use?
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 am

Using your phone or desktop? I can't use Orokos on my phone or tablet. Won't accept my login. Gotta make all my rolls at home on desktop.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby GandofGand » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 am

Desktop. i rarely use mobile devices for fourm stuff.
In this case there is NO link on Orokos to create an account or contact or anything. Tried 2 different browsers as well (Chrome and Firefox)
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Use this link: http://orokos.com/roll/?action=register

( You didn't try Google, did ya? :P )
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 pm

No I didn't try google, I expected the website to have a registration link on the front page, like every website that requires registration...8)

Now to figure out how to USE the site...

edit; uh, yeah no...how the hell do I get the dice to show up? I don't know what codes to use to get the FFG Dice...is there an easier to use Dice Roller?
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:47 pm

From the index (main) page, click on Dice expression help. The instructions are there.

And there is no easier to use 3rd party roller for FFG dice that logs results and allows GMs to review rolls. Sorry. Speaking as a GM myself, I've had to eject players from my games in years past for cheating. It happens, sadly.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Dice

Postby DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Edge of the Empire dice are available as XeY, where Y is the first letter of the die type:
X is the number of dice.
Ability, Boost, Challenge, Difficulty, Force, Proficiency, or Setback.

So Yellow, Yellow, Green, Purple, Purple, Red, Blue, Black would be....
2eP+1eA+2eD+1eC+1eB+1eS
After rolling, I click on the "bbcode" below the roll to get a hi-lighted area to copy-n-paste in Freeforums.
A sample Roll...
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 am

Its a little clunky but I think I got it figured. I'll play with it more tonight to get used to the system.
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 am

It's certainly not as easy to use as some of the other rollers I've seen that are purely graphical. But this is the only reliable 3rd party FFG roller that logs rolls (that I know of).

I wish it was graphic-driven, where you'd select a die type, click on a control with up/down arrows to specify how many of that die, and then click on the next die, etc. It would certainly be easier and quicker to use if it was designed that way. But the text entry approach allows them to have one single roller app for most every game system that's out there. Not that I care about other systems.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am

This is the one I've used, but the output option to copy doesn't seem to work; which is too bad as it IS graphical, just doesn't log rolls...need to reach out to the creator and see why the copy code function isn't working.
http://rpg-dice-roller.herokuapp.com/
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby GandofGand » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:10 am

So Wendi is 95% done but for some re-checking of gear.
Thoughts on the Pilot; I am Definitely doing a Chadra-Fan...cause I've wanted to do one for awhile and cause it's hilarious...8D
They start with 3's in Agility and Intelligence so I've currently got them set to 4's figured he/she/it will really only be used for Piloting and occasional Gunfighting. Question is what Class/Spec to use?
I've got one version set as Ace/Pilot which also covers ground vehicles to an extent and has Ranged;light for ground combat.
I've thought about Gambler; Pilot and add Gunslinger and maybe Gambler later but Presence 1 kind hampers parts of the Smuggler...
I don't believe Force Users are allowed (correct me if I'm wrong) Otherwise Warrior; Starfighter Ace would be a shoe-in...
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:41 am

I keep picturing the character using a child's booster seat so s/he can see out the cockpit window. :P

I almost made my tech a Chadra-Fan, but opted for Sluissi as they're born engineers. If you hadn't been set on that cool pic for Wendi I'd've suggested a Chadra-Fan for a combat medic. It's the ideal species (as long as you don't mind either the base Brawn of 1 or putting some XP into Brawn) for a combat medic or combat engineer.

For specs you have:
  • Pilot, which gives you all the nifty piloting talents. This spec allows you to pick free 2 ranks in both space piloting and gunnery (or astrogation or planetary piloting, but space and gunnery has been used the most often and likely will continue to be used the most).
  • Rigger, which allows you 2 free ranks in both gunnery and mechanics plus all sorts of very nice talent bonuses to the ship (provided you get signature vehicle and 2 ranks or larger project to go with it).
  • Gunner, which has talents that will be useful to you either in space or on foot. You can get 2 free ranks in gunnery and ranged heavy as a career skill.
It really all depends on what you want to play. Do you want to be an awesome Han Solo-ish pilot type? Go Pilot. Do you want to make the ship the best combat platform it can be? Go Rigger. Be a good all-around character that can pilot and shoot both in space and on foot? Go Gunner.

Force users weren't allowed at the start of this game. Not sure if that restriction still applies.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:52 am

I'm not going to go Rigger as I don't want to step on the existing Mechanics Toes...and I may yet drop int back to 3 and use the extra 40 for another Spec or more talents.
I'm not looking at Gunner at all, event though having a Chadra-Fan wielding a Heavy weapon is HI-Larious...
I'll likely stick to just Pilot, maybe Hotshot.
Or if i drop the Int I can go Smuggler; Pilot/Gunslinger...just not be a Charm-based Smuggler...just a Bat-*** smuggler/gunslinger...8D
GandofGand
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:10 am

If your pilot doesn't do Rigger then my tech will, eventually, have to grab it (30xp cost for him). It's simply way too useful to ignore. I'll have to defer getting droid tech or modder specs, as those rigger talents are a priority -- they make a huge difference in space combat.

BTW, please bear in mind that our ship is Silhouette 5 and some of those pilot talents don't work too well on our big ol' gun tub. Talents that rely on speed aren't going to be useful when our speed tops at 3. Not only is Gain the Advantage not possible, but the talent Full Throttle (and its improved versions) really doesn't help. It would get us to speed 4 (or 5 with Supreme) but because of the restrictions in the talent we still couldn't do GtA. FT is only useful to evade pursuit or to catch someone. A wallowing tub like ours isn't suited to that.

Now if we can get enough money to buy a starfighter, or steal one, then you'd be in business!

It's a pity that the book with the C-ROC cruiser in it hadn't been published when we bought our ship. I would have bought one of those rather than a stock model Gozanti. The C-ROC is by far a better ship.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context