Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pirate's Bay OOC

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Pirate's Bay OOC

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 am

Actually, I was under the impression that Ari had been promoted to the next rank up (senior trooper or corporal or sergeant) quite some time ago (when we returned from that planet with the natives and where Ari ran into her long-lost brother and delivered him to the Alliance).

As for Rico, the situation of blowing that freighter's cover hasn't come up. At least not yet. It was merely discussed. Not the same thing.

Oh, and despite my asking or mentioning it at least 2-3 times, you still haven't answered my question as to whether our PCs ever knew, IC, that the company was affiliated with the Alliance. When we selected the mission, it was not in the (short) Rebel list. It was a separate short list.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 am

Sorry I didn't see the question. Yes it was the alliance that introduced you to the company and arranged with the company for you to have access to Prakith where you delivered the radio parts and picked up Owen along with a few others. They do not know IC how far that cooperation extends and as such they cannot be held as accountable for their actions. That doesn't mean the alliance won't be upset.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:09 am

How much of this do you want to RP out? It will mostly be friendly NPC interaction at this point with a few minor rolls.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 am

Roleplay what out? The yet-to-be-named captain issues orders and Ari (and the rest of the PCs) either obey or we don't. Is there anything further to discuss/decide on IC?

EDIT: I thought I'd hit 'send' on this yesterday and I find out I didn't. Oops. :oops:
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:56 am

That is kinda what I was thinking. I wont have time today but ill advance the story though the closeout of this adventure.
Each of the PCs can have 25 xp. Also please divide the remainder of the 50,000 credits you got for parts mission etc... if you have not already done so.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm

It's good news that we're being paid. I wasn't aware that we got that 50k in advance. I was waiting to see what we actually got paid, if anything beyond parts costs, before doing anything. That's 50k - 5750 - 5000 (HT repair) = 39250, split how many ways?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Each of the NPCs will get a share so 5. The inactive PCs will be departing for side jobs here shortly awaiting, hopefully, their players return.

It is defiantly a good thing you got paid in advance... though I wasn't going to stiff you.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 pm

7,850 credits a person then.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am

The journey is going to take several days. I decided to leave it open for the group to decide to do something on the journey or at the safe-world instead of forcing you back to Onderon.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Deepspacer who was your question directed at Ari or the captain?

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm

To players. We're going back to corporate, and we need to know the same story. What Ari was privied to, we don't know...And don't need to. Just need to be on the same page.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Also, he noticed the tension in the room when the captain was around. So he says this to the group without the captain present.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 am

So we have hit the portion of the game which always seems to stall things out a bit. I need some input from the group before I push us forwrad any further.

1) Do you want to return to onderon?
2) Do you want to look for jobs in the outter rim or see if there is anything needed here on this planet?
3) do you want to reach out to your alliance contacts to see what they could use help with?
4) Do you want to reach out to the coporporation?
5) As players what are you interests for the next segment of this game.

A few thoughts.
Even if you are lucky enough for the empire to not get a description of your vehicle you may want to lay low for a while.

Your recent activities may not have destroyed relations, but have most likely strained them with both the alliance and the corporation. Though your assistance with the cover-up has garnered some good will back from the alliance.

Also if you have not spend the XP or recorded it on your character sheet that was awarded above in my post on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:56 pm you may want to do so (at least record it).

I just need a general idea so I can generate some hooks for the group as well as plan out the basic feeling of the next leg of the campaign.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:02 pm

1) Do you want to return to onderon?
No. Wasn't in that group.
2) Do you want to look for jobs in the outer rim or see if there is anything needed here on this planet?
No, not unless we progress towards something in doing so. As a player, I hope to progress towards something rather than bounce around the galaxy from job-to-job. But that's just me. PC-wise,
Hardnox would do so. Owyn would be more intrigued with this mysterious rebel alliance stuff.

3) do you want to reach out to your alliance contacts to see what they could use help with?
Owyn would. Hardnox, No, but maybe as a mercenary. If Ari had us do something, we don't necessarily have to know it is for the Rebellion.
4) Do you want to reach out to the corporation?
Yes. Looks like we can do more and receive more, IMO, by building up credibility there. We can RP out the recent events and see what happens.
5) As players what are you interests for the next segment of this game.
To progress towards something that builds, whether it be corporate influence, Alliance ranks, etc
A few thoughts.
Even if you are lucky enough for the empire to not get a description of your vehicle you may want to lay low for a while.Your recent activities may not have destroyed relations, but have most likely strained them with both the alliance and the corporation. Though your assistance with the cover-up has garnered some good will back from the alliance.
Might be "best" to do corporate-type jobs that help the rebellion (which we do not have to know, directly). We have stayed on a Fight or Flight theme....always running into things we either should flee from or try to fight. As a player, I think I prefer something linked to what we've already done over a re-start.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 pm

We cost the company an enormous loss. That freighter wasn't cheap. If I was a rep for that company we'd be blackballed. Even though the decision to blow the freighter up wasn't ours, we caused the situation that warranted such an action. Yes, we may have helped keep the corp from garnering Imperial wrath (maybe), but they wouldn't have been in trouble in the first place it we hadn't mucked it up. If we don't get blackballed generally and can't find corporate work with anyone I'd be shocked.

To keep Hardnox happy we'll need to continue to derive income. He's a mercenary, and expects to get paid, and paid well. That narrows mission types a bit.

I'm with Deep on everything else he's said. I'd like to build towards something. We already have a ship, and not a small one. But we need money to replace its weapons, and a black market contact to get them in the first place (I'm now recalling why we didn't get the weapons back when we were on Onderon, Ari isn't a Streetwise/Cunning type character). We need to hire a "scoundrel", someone with underworld skills. Owyn can do in a pinch as he's YGG on Underworld checks, and GGG on Streetwise. But he lacks any special talents in that area, and a '3' ability is no better than the low-end rival-grade NPCs we'll encounter, much less anyone with any moxie.

Ari isn't all that interested in advancing in the Rebellion. (I, as a player, would like to see her get promoted. Repeatedly. But the character doesn't care about that herself.) A reread of the paragraph below her Motivation can be instructive. And this last mission did zilch towards her Duty. So for her, this last mission was a waste of time other than to put a small amount of cash in her pocket. She would do far better to turn pirate or become a privateer (a la my FO game). She'd be doing far more to hurt the Empire and make more money in the process. To hurt the Empire she needs to repeatedly cost them ships, preferably captured. And to do that she needs much better weapons so that she can go after targets that are worth more than puny Sil-4 crap.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
We cost the company an enormous loss. That freighter wasn't cheap. If I was a rep for that company we'd be blackballed. Even though the decision to blow the freighter up wasn't ours, we caused the situation that warranted such an action. Yes, we may have helped keep the corp from garnering Imperial wrath (maybe), but they wouldn't have been in trouble in the first place it we hadn't mucked it up. If we don't get blackballed generally and can't find corporate work with anyone I'd be shocked.
A very angry company might try to confiscate our ship and items as compensation for the loss. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: But then, we'd have to play (fight) that out.
DeepSpacer
Level 7

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Hey! Stop giving him ideas on how to screw us over. Whose side are you on? :P

Besides which he's good enough at thinking up ways to mess with us. When we don't do it to ourselves.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:14 am

DeepSpacer wrote:Might be "best" to do corporate-type jobs that help the rebellion (which we do not have to know, directly). We have stayed on a Fight or Flight theme....always running into things we either should flee from or try to fight. As a player, I think I prefer something linked to what we've already done over a re-start.

Thank you both the above is kinda where the group has been going. Normally my games take on an overarching story all by themselves and this seems to be where this game is headed. It gives me a basis from which to sculpt a larger story.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:17 pm

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I have decided to do a cut screen at this point and move the story forward a bit. I want to put some thought into this as it will being steering the game in the direction we have decided a bit more directly. I'll have it up sometime late this week or over the weekend.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 am

I took some liberties with group decisions. The largest one being destination which I am willing to change. The bounty on your ship was low enough that it shouldn't garner to much attention in a location like that... where most everybody has a bounty on them.

Also you have a contact to attempt purchasing new weapons for the ship as well as illegal merchandise at your new location. The name of your contact is Cosas Inicuas.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 am

That's a good trick, Ari tracking down a BM contact, since she has no skill or experience in anything relating to the underworld and only a 2 in Cunning. You should rewrite that as something Owyn did.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 am

Ari was the one looking but your are correct it was probably owyn. Ill edit.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 am

Replacing twin heavy lasers (list value 18,750) with twin medium ion cannons (list value 15,000, rarity 6 -2 for talent +2 for Outer Rim world) x4.
Replacing quad lasers (list value 8,000) with twin light turbolasers (list value 30,000, rarity 7R -2 for talent +2 for Outer Rim world) x2.

Problem: we have no money. Ari has in personal funds (14k) just enough to pay for one of the four sets of ion cannons. Can't afford single TLs, let alone twins. The total needed for better ship weapons is 120k, minus whatever Ari can haggle for selling off the old ones.

BTW, can Ari have prevailed upon Eckhal to install mods on an augmented spin barrel weapon (rifle) attachment before he leaves us?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:37 am

Yes. Base be sale price is 50 percent. You can try to haggle if you would like.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 am

I'm not clear on your reply. Was that 'yes' to having Eckhal do some Mechanics work for Ari?

And 50% base for selling any of our ship guns is sweet. The RAW is 25% with 1 success on a haggle check, 50% with 2 successes, and 75% with 3. Ari will haggle for ion canons to start with, but I need the opposing pool for the check.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context