Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Operation Source

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Operation Source

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Duh. I completely missed (skipped over) that part of the post. And I went back looking for the post when you quoted it. Only on the third look did I finally spot it. Sheesh. Sorry.

Deception check: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Per RAW, that means the mercs will be at -2 WT (or -3 WT if you allow me to apply the Triumph as equal to another 2 successes).

BTW, I think that talent is badly designed (and I'm going to house rule the following change for my own games). It should be +1 setback to all skill checks versus the PCs, not -1 WT. Minus 1 WT is great if the targets are minions, but not so much if they aren't. And the talent is utterly useless unless the only solution to overcoming a problem that the players can devise is combat.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:13 pm

I will take that into consideration. I am fine with that use of the Triumph.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 5 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: April 17-28, May 15-18
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 pm

I will post an IC starting the mission when I get the opportunity. It might be a while. Consider this the opportunity to perform any permission prep you want to.

I will try to give everyone duty opportunities on the mission but if you would like to roll for duty we can to see if someone's triggers. I believe the group had about 80 left after ranking up.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

The group's total is 81, but when doing Duty you create a table. Rico is 1-22. Tasha is 23-39, Rob is 40-64, and Rath is 65-81. If you roll over 81 no one's Duty triggers, and Tasha gets to use Positive Spin (Improved) to pick one of her companions (I get to choose which one). If you roll within those ranges listed above, that PC triggers. BTW, I'm not supposed to know who's been triggered. Only if no one has.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 pm

I can't do any mission prep without having any mission intel to work from. All i know is what factions we'll be facing and what planet we're going to. I have zero info on how the police or the mercs are outfitted, how many police there are and what their typical patrol behavior is or how they treat the locals and (more importantly) how they treat non-locals. Whether the corp has its own private security. And I don't know what else Demarcus has divulged that may relevant to our grabbing his family. Other than being on Nubia, I'm assuming we don't know where they're being held? Continent? City? District? Building? Once we get to Nubia, is it possible to search the local computer net to locate them, if we don't already know where they're at?

I may request some special slicing tools, if we need to do computer work to find them, or to break them out. I'll let you know once you answer the above questions.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:45 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
I have zero info on how the police or the mercs are outfitted, how many police there are and what their typical patrol behavior is or how they treat the locals and (more importantly) how they treat non-locals.

When Dr Demarcus was there the police had random foot patrols consiting of one or two police droids or the ocasional organic. There is also the typical police suvalience througout the city (think street cameras/ traffic cameras). The droids carry stun battons. Organics cary blaster pistols. There are specilized units that are better equipped.

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Whether the corp has its own private security. And I don't know what else Demarcus has divulged that may relevant to our grabbing his family.

The corporation does have their own security and which are basically trained mercenaries and droids. Dr Demarcus family lives in the corporation's private residential area which is guarded by their security. His house also has a basic security system but he has provided the alarm codes (or at least the codes that were used before his recruitment).

ShadoWarrior wrote:
And I don't know what else Demarcus has divulged that may relevant to our grabbing his family. Other than being on Nubia, I'm assuming we don't know where they're being held? Continent? City? District? Building? Once we get to Nubia, is it possible to search the local computer net to locate them, if we don't already know where they're at?

He believes his family will be safe for a short period of time. Once the imperials are notified of the coup of the base they may or may not target his family. It depends on if they believe he was involved or if they are just vindictive. If they have not yet been targeted they should be at their residence, which he has provided the location of. If they have been targeted they would most likely have been picked up by local police or imperials and take to the local police holding cells pending a pick up by imperial intelligence... The alliance fears they may just be executed on the spot. The local computer net should provide locations to the corporations residential area and to the local police stations. Hacking into either system may prove difficult as they are both security systems.

Additionally the alliance has identified that the Credits First Mercenary Group has targeted the family for the bout. Last known intelligence shows the group consisting of 4 very skilled personnel.

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 am

swrider wrote:If they have not yet been targeted they should be at their residence, which he has provided the location of. If they have been targeted they would most likely have been picked up by local police or imperials and take to the local police holding cells pending a pick up by imperial intelligence... The alliance fears they may just be executed on the spot. The local computer net should provide locations to the corporations residential area and to the local police stations. Hacking into either system may prove difficult as they are both security systems.

For this purpose, Rico will request a data breaker (ECRB:186, rarity 6(R)), and a few more dataspikes (SM:50, rarity 3(R)). Oh, and a pair of J57 Cam Droids, to replace the ones we lost during the last mission.

We're also going to return a surplus case of (20x) armor-piercing grenades back to the QM, and request some more Proton Charges (DC:55, rarity 4) to replace the ones we used during the last mission, as well as Baradium Charges (DC:55, rarity 5(R)). One never knows when something might need to be blown up!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:14 pm

your request is granted. he only has three each available on the proton charges and Baradium Charges.

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 am

I'll make a post tonight after my class ends. I don't want to rush it. Especially since it will push the game forward.

swrider
Level 20

Previous

Return to Out of Context