Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Operation Source

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Operation Source

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:04 am

G2 has no repair roll. He doesn't have spare actions, since he used action + maneuver to go from the sniper bunker to the "airfield".

BTW, I don't know if you have Lead By Example, which has the stats on the AP/AV towers, but the 'open' AV one (your pic) is remotely operated by a single person. The AP with the enclosed tower is the one that has 3 crew.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:06 am

You didn't let me use the trooper's threat. I would have made you pass a setback to the officer's attack.

You also didn't state how much damage was inflicted. If it's a standard blaster pistol, then 6+2=8. G2 has soak 1 and 6 WT. That's a killshot.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 am

I haven't spent the threat yet. I was waiting for you to tell me what they were for as dice an always be added. I suppose this allows you the benefit of seeing the roll before deciding what to use the threat on but I wasn't too worried about it at the time.

add setbak to officer: 1eS 0 successes

That doesn't change much.

I'll make it a point of waiting for you to respond to the rolls before writing in the IC if you prefer.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light,
Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 0
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:15 am

Did you see my edit above re: killing G2?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 am

No I did not see the edit. The two troopers are carrying blaster rifles actually so it is 9+2-1= dead. He was the only target in the open and the first thing they saw that was not in a star fighter. My mental image already had the third pilot in his craft which is what made me realize I forgot to narrate the repair check. Fortunately he is a droid so he can always be rebuilt.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:27 am

"Can be rebuilt" is entirely up to you. Exceeding WT on a 'rival' can be anything from disabling (patch up and it's all good) to wrecked (needs a rebuild, costing parts) to being blown apart (buy new droid). 3PO was wrecked in ESB. Jedi-sliced droids in TPM and AotC were destroyed (no rebuild).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 am

Lets just say he is out for the remainder of the mission. With down time, a little money, and a repair check or two you should be able to rebuild him. Its not like he took quadruple, triple, or even double his WT.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 am

Clarity is good. Thanks. Those Imps are toast. They just don't know it. Yet. Jeetoo will be avenged!
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:Clarity is good. Thanks. Those Imps are toast. They just don't know it. Yet. Jeetoo will be avenged!

woos, I've been spelling his name Jeetwo. I'll make a mental note of that.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 pm

For the record I've decided not to invite Doc unless he starts looking around for a game. He mentioned it in passing but only when he thought Far Orbit was about to end.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:08 pm

That's fine. As I said/hinted, I'm fine either way. And FO isn't going to end unless the players leave me no choice. I've been wanting to GM it for nearly 20 years. This is, by far, the furthest I've ever gotten with it. The last time (in Saga) the game died before the group could even get away from StarForge the first time. But that was the fault of the site that my game was hosted on. The owner didn't pay his hosting fee and the hosting company locked out the domain.

I neglected to ask earlier if you're done with the Imps and whether you're now waiting for Tasha and Rath?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Yes I am finished. NO further Imps are going to act this turn, at least not visibly as I am prone to saying.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 pm

you get the upgrade.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Cool. G2 is avenged. Now to deal with the dimwit who left the safety of his bunker to play heroic leader...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I will admit to getting a certain amount of pleasure at role playing these intelligence characters as Incompetent.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Haha. And I'm having fun mowing them down.

Oh, and since Rico is a droid engineer, I was going to rebuild G2 anyway. I just expected to take him apart myself, rather than have Imperials do it for me! And so ... crudely.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Anything to help. Just don't think that all missions are going to go so easily or smoothly.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Of course not. I've been playing in FoF, haven't I?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:15 pm

LOL, that was supposed to be an easy mission!

He was supposed to last longer.... but he is dead.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:30 pm

You do realize that our weapons hit as hard as light repeating blasters? Harder, actually, because they have Pierce. This isn't just an ordinary SpecForce team (half-squad). We're a heavy weapons unit. Only thing we're missing is missiles. But that was a deliberate omission on my part. Didn't ask for stuff I didn't think we'd need. Next time, I'll plan for the unexpected, too. In retrospect, I should have asked for missiles anyway. There was a clue, the possibility, that there were starfighters at the base. I planned on trying to capture them but failed to consider the consequences of what we might do if we couldn't. My Plan B sucked, badly. And it never crossed my mind that you might throw walkers at us. That would have been a mission failure right there. The Bantha is the only thing we have that can handle a walker, and our ship would have soon thereafter had to burn for hyperspace, because nasty fighters would have quickly blown it out of the sky if we didn't abort.

If you want officers to last longer, you have to give us something more dangerous that we need to kill first so the officers can run away. Or force us to dig them out of their holes. Just as in RL, stupid officers die quick. That's why they have sergeants to nursemaid them. Except that in the Imperial military, officers don't listen to NCOs. Enlisted are 'inferior'. They didn't go to an Imperial Academy, so they can't possibly know anything, let alone more than oh-so-self-important officers.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:32 pm

LOL he wasn't supposed to last that much longer. No this mission is going about as I planned. This was never supposed to be a heavily fortified base, it relied much more on stealth which one of their scientists blew. That with its location in the core and they thought they were safe to do their thing.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I presume it's now the top of turn #2?

It may have been a mistake not to target the comm array on turn #1, but I couldn't be sure that the Imps didn't already send a message off before we even started the attack. OTOH, Imperial base commanders are arrogant as all hell and are exceedingly loathe to admit that they're in trouble or might not be able to handle a handful of Rebel 'scum'. I can only hope that hey didn't send an SOS on turn #1, but too late now. I was operating on the assumption that the gun towers were per what I had pictured, and those towers have a 360-degree fire arc, so I wanted them dealt with ASAP. With what I know now, I'd've shot the comm array before starting on the guns. {shrug} Fodder for the after-action analysis.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Yes top of round two.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Okay, Rico is going to retrace his route and start moving back towards the main bunker, so he'll go after the Imps. Rob is going to check to see if the door to the main bunker is locked (but not before you tell me on what side of the structure it's on), and if it is locked, hack it open using skulduggery (his main purpose on the team, B&E). Tasha is Rob's bodyguard. Rath will attempt to sense for life forms within the main bunker, which if he succeeds will pinpoint each and every one...

Force power check: 1eF 1 Dark Side

... but he fails. He does not give in to the temptation of the Dark Side to try again. I'll write this up IC after your OOC response to Rob's intentions.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Door faces to the inside of the base it is recessed in about two feet. It will be a hard check upgraded once to break in. I need an average vigilance check with two setbacks for each person in the entrance.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context