Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Operation Source

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Re: Operation Source

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 am

Thank you for the updates. I think I'll go with 60-40. It seems fair as you mentioned no net failures though a lack of success is a failure as you like to remind players. As for the threat... we will say that pushed it to 60 as opposed to 65 or so.

Blast 1-6 nothing 7-10 three go off.: 1d10 10

Three go off. doing 55 damage which takes out 3 sections of wall with another badly damaged. Oh and you have one explosive which did not go off and is undamaged for recovery.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light,
Op.S Destiny Pool 2 Dark 2 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 0
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 am

Please roll initiative and post an IC for your characters doing the blast as well as moving to their starting places as discussed in the IC. The only soldiers you see in the open are the ones at the AP gun and they should be at Extreme-long = medium range? the barracks and bunkers and starfighters, should all be at close(or engaged) range so the AP guns should be at medium.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah, Orokos screws me some more. Which is why it's so shocking when I get a good result. Notice how that roller seems to spit out good and bad in batches? A bunch of great rolls and then a bunch of crappy ones?

The NPCs get to the fighters one round before Rico gets to the cliff, so they have 2 rounds to get into the fighters and start them up. You'll need to determine if those fighters have any special security or if anyone can just hop in and start them up.

BTW, the X-wings and two Y-wings require an astromech to make jumps. Are there droids in these fighters, of did the Imps remove them? And you need to tell me who's taking which fighters. Rico wants to secure the B-wing, X-wing, and single-seater Y-wing in that order.

While you're answering my questions I'll start rolling inits.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 am

Many of those answers were determined a while ago. First the X-wing is not completely assembled. Parts of its engines are laid out on work stations now visible under the canopies. The two Y-wings each have panels open but at a quick glance do not appear to have anything missing. The B-wing not only appears to be complete but is actually still loaded with armaments. You do not see any indication of an astromech by the star-fighters. The three pilots have the same skill but will have one of the NPC pilots take the b-wing. The other two can take the Y wings though an easy mechanics check is required to tell if anything is in fact missing and to reattach those hatches... unless you want to risk it. None of them have any mechanical abilities so it would be just 2eA unless they wait for G2
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am

[quote="swrider"]The three pilots have the same skill but will have one of the NPC pilots take the b-wing. The other two can take the Y wings though an easy mechanics check is required to tell if anything is in fact missing and to reattach those hatches... unless you want to risk it. None of them have any mechanical abilities so it would be just 2eA unless they wait for G2

The most valuable to the Alliance fighter is the B-wing. That fighter should be taken by Vrei, unless there's some significant reason for her not to. Besides which the two other NPCs were both Y-wing pilots and there are two Y-wings. Kind of a no-brainer, I think.

If there's nothing stopping them, then they should run a pre-flight check of each until the distraction (boom) triggers, at which point they'll flick on main power (incidental), activate shields (incidental), and then do some pilot stuff (hover off of the ground - maneuver, point the noses at enemies and fire cannons - action).

Rico...
Cool check: 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage

Tasha...
Cool check: 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Rob...
Cool check: 1eP+1eA 2 successes
ImageImage

Rath...
Cool check: 2eA 1 success, 3 advantage
ImageImage
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 am

Ok I can either post for the pilots or you can. The two NPC pilots will need to make that easy mechanics check for their pre-flight inspection. Vrei's is simple because hers is already done up. You decided to put the co-pilot of a freighter in the most valuable star-fighter instead of one of the fighter pilots. ;)

Minion Groups: 3#2eA 0 successes, 4 advantage 1 success 0 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Commander: 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImage
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 am

All of your people go first.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:54 am

swrider wrote:Ok I can either post for the pilots or you can. The two NPC pilots will need to make that easy mechanics check for their pre-flight inspection. Vrei's is simple because hers is already done up. You decided to put the co-pilot of a freighter in the most valuable star-fighter instead of one of the fighter pilots.

And I stand by that decision, even if I could change it.

I'll post for Rico and the PCs, and then you can follow up with a post for the pilots.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:31 pm

BTW, extreme - long is either long or medium, depending on how deep into extreme you're at. If you were just beyond long range, then moving a "long" distance might place you at medium (or even short, this whole range band thing is way too nebulous for my tastes). But if you're in the "middle" of extreme, or further, moving a "long" distance still leaves you at a long distance from something. It's one of the very many judgment calls that FFG grants GMs in the name of flexibility.

And there is no close range in personal scale. Close is "engaged", and we're at best at short range from anything, unless that object is literally at arm's distance away.

Engaged: arm's length.
Short: anywhere in the same room (unless you're in a palatial building), knife throwing range for the average person, several meters distance.
medium: pistol range, up to several dozen meters distance, call it a little less than a half a football field.
long: rifle range, up to 300-400 meters, yelling distance.
extreme: sniper range, up to 2-3km, loudspeaker distance.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I actually can't post actions until I know what the proper distances are to various buildings, and none of the PCs have warm-body targets. Can't toss a grenade if I don't know if the target is within range, for instance. Can't shoot what I can't see. And this damn system has no opportunity fire, so I'm forced to gift the enemy free shots at me, and freedom to do anything else they want, if I delay until after their turn(s).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm

The buildings they are standing next to are short. Rico is at medium to the now buried barracks and long to the other two and the Command Bunker. Each bunker/star-fighter area is medium to each other. The AP guns are long distance from any of the bunkers. Because of the trick of geometry they are also at long from Rico.

The four enemies at the AP gun are exposed so you could fire at them if you have sufficient range.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks. All that helps. Gives me something to think about ... when I'm not distracted by FO.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:35 am

Tasha and Rath are holding their actions until after the Imps do theirs. In their place in the init order, the pilots will make their attacks, starting with whichever of the three has the highest agility. (Please.) Pilots should pass boost dice, if they can, to the next pilot to fire. The last pilot can pass any boosts to the next PC(s).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:23 am

Ok I'm quite swamped at work today so wont be posting as frequently as I have been. Please refresh yourself with my house rule on targeting personal scale targets with vehicles. I will need to make the piloting checks and the weapons checks before I can post. I should get them up before lunch, but I'm three hours behind you.

Preflight checks 1 seat Y wing, 2 Seat Y wing: 2#2eA+1eD 2 successes, 1 threat 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 am

In that case I'll have the fighters target the guns themselves. No piloting checks and no nasty diff upgrades. The difficulty remains as I posted: Hard. The main difference is that it may take more than one hit to kill a gun, since they have armor 2 and HT 5. A turret kill will kill any minions inside. I'll edit my IC post.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 am

BTW, can you see fit to grant the pilots boost dice for targets that aren't moving and can't?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:03 pm

I could grant boosts for that, but only if I add setbacks for terrain such as the canyon walls and floor as well. >:) besides relatively speaking the distance between them will change and they can get an upgrade by taking the gain the advantage action.

I'll keep thinking about it until I have time to post. My workload is worse than i though so I'm not going to be able to get an IC post up for this game today. The other two have to take priority since they have more players than just you and I.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:12 pm

The terrain doesn't apply. The targets are unobstructed, unmoving, at point-blank range. The fighters will be hovering above obstacles, at about the same height that Rico is. The distance is unchanging. Neither target nor attacker is moving (once the fighters have obtained a clear LOS/LOF). Having to "gain the advantage" against a sitting duck is ... daft. Besides I was just asking about boosts, not upgrades, though I'll take upgrades if I can get them.

You'll post when you can. RL always comes first. And the other games have more than one player. (Even if DeepSpacer isn't much of a help in FoF.)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Just so you aren't wondering why I haven't posted in this game or FoF tonight... I just don't have the brain power left over after work. Far Orbit is only conversation at this point which doesn't seem to require as much brain power.

Also, if you would like another player( so you don't have to make all the decisions) I wouldn't be opposed to offering a slot to Doc. I am enjoying it as is however, and do find it a lot easier to keep the flow up with just the two of us.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:51 am

You can offer a slot to Doc, but I'm almost certain that he won't accept. He would've joined my Isk game if he felt that he could spare the time. But, hey, I've seen people change their minds before, and Doc's a great guy.

I am, however, comfortable with just the two of us. It's certainly smoother. I like having other players in the game, but ones that participate (which Doc does). Deep, as you know, pisses me off because he barely participates. In my Isk game his failure to post is making it impossible for Jedi Ronin (the only other player) and I to keep the game going.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am

Attack with B wing: 1eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Attack with Y wing: 1eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fix Y Wing boost from Draykon.: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:40 am

You posted the wrong image for the AP guns. That's the 1.4 FD P-Tower, which is an anti-vehicle weapon. Google "DF.11 anti-infantry battery Star Wars".

Good job on taking out the guns. Now it's the Imps init slot(s), at least one of them, before Tasha and Rath can go.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:52 am

The problem is I was picturing and describing the one i posted. The other has no way for the personnel to be exposed.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am

Oh. Not that it matters, since the guns were killed, but the AV guns are much easier to kill. The APs are 2 armor and 5 HT, versus the AV's at 0 armor and 3 HT.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am

I forgot to narrate G2's repair roll so I'll have to edit my prior post in the IC.

Trooper attack: 1eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Office Attack on G2: 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
The officer passes a boost die to the next attack by an ally.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context