Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Machitís Pugnator (Far Orbit Project)

Initial Character concepts can be posted here prior to a new game's sub-forum being created.

Moderator: GameMasters

Machitís Pugnator (Far Orbit Project)

Postby swrider » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Name: Machitis Pugnator
Race: Human
Career: Soldier
Specilizations: Commando

Wound Threshold: 17
Strain Threshold: 13
Soak: 5
Defence: 0/0

Br: 3
Ag: 4
Int: 2
Cun: 2
Wil: 2
Pr: 2

Career Skills
  • Athletics 1 ... (2eA+1eP+1eB)
  • Brawl 0 ... (3eA)
  • Knowledge (Warfare) 0 ... (2eA)
  • Medicine 0 ... (2eA)
  • Melee 2 ... (2eP+1eA)
  • Ranged (Heavy) 3 ... (3eP+1eA)
  • Ranged (Light) 2 ... (2eP+1eA)
  • Resilience 1 ... (2eA+1eP+1eB)
  • Survival 0 ... (2eA)
Non-career skills
  • Leadership 1 ... (1eP+1eA)
  • Perception 1 ... (1eP+1eA)
Talents
  • Point Blank 1
  • Physical Training 1
  • Toughened 2

Weapons
  • Blaster Rifle - Ranged (Heavy) (long, 9 dmg, 3 adv, Stun setting)
  • Blaster Pistol - Ranged (Light) (medium, 6 dmg, 3 adv, Stun setting)
  • Stun Grenade - Ranged (Light) (short , 8 dmg, n/a crit, blast 8, disorient 3, limited ammo 1, stun)
  • Combat Knife - Melee (engaged, 4 dmg, 3 adv)
  • Unarmed - Brawl (engaged, 3 dmg, 5 adv, disorient 1, knockdown, stun)

Armor
    Padded

Encumbrance: 9/15

Equipment
  • Comlink (handheld)
  • Canteen - standard issue, w/engraving from father micro-etched on bottom
  • Utility Belt
  • Military Pack
  • credits: 2,319

Background

Machitis is the third son of a wealthy mining family on Prakith in the Inner Core. His family are devout Imperials devoted to the Emperor and the New Order. Utilizing a seemingly endless supply of slaves, they have become quite wealthy and influential within the Empire. During a family intervention his father coerced Machitis into joining the Imperial Navy. Through his father's influence Machitis gained a commission as a lieutenant, though he had himself transferred to the combat arms as a way of spiting his father.

On his first convoy mission aboard the New Star the ship surrendered to the privateer crew of the Far Orbit. Machitis's Imperial career came to a screeching halt as he and the rest of the crew were imprisoned as POWs by the Rebel Alliance. During his "debriefing" Machitis willingly volunteered all the information he had about the Imperial Navy, and after gaining some trust inquired about potentially joining the Far Orbit's Crew. He overhead that it was that ship which was responsible for the capture of the New Star and felt particularly grateful to them.

The thought of joining the Rebellion had crossed Machitis's mind but he was drawn back into the memory of his last contact with the Rebellion. He had sought out and petitioned their help to relocate a slave which he was particularly fond of. The cell agreed to help but never showed up, and a few days later that slave was incarcerated by Imperial officers and never seen again. The Rebels he encountered seemed trustworthy but he still held a deep seated distrust for the organization.

Personality

A pessimistic idealist, Machitis is disillusioned by the pampered lifestyle led by his wealthy family. A lifestyle built upon the suffering of innocents enslaved by the Empire. Originally optimistic, Machitis attempted to change the system from within, attempting to eliminate his family's use of slaves. Betrayed by his family, "for his own good", and forced to accept a commission with the Imperial Navy, Machitis has been harboring a growing resentment not only against the Empire, but against the evils of his own family and others like them.

A seemingly palpable cloud of anger has surrounded Machitis since his commission and few have ever seen him optimistic or happy since. This cloud is punctuated by a pervasive silence as Machitis rarely speaks but to acknowledge an order or issue one. That is until held as a prisoner. Feeling liberated by the Far Orbit, some of the cloud of anger has dissipated and the silence was more than broken if only for a moment with the Rebellion, but only time will tell if these changes will hold.

Description

Machitis is a handsome human of average height (5' 8") with black hair and blue eyes. He has an athletic build which he carries in an almost aggressive manner as he power-walks from location to location.

Duty
  • Personnel: 0
    The people of the Far Orbit are the most important and vital assets. He is devoted to seeing to their safety, well-being, and capacity for success. No one should ever be left behind; the most successful missions might not achieve every goal, but they are successful nonetheless when no one dies.
  • Sabotage: 0
    The character is focused on disrupting Imperial operations in any way possible, whether it’s the manufacture of weapons, troop movements, supply shipments, banking systems, or any other key operation, in order to make the Empire act more slowly and less capably.

XML link
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko
Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 2 Dark 4 Light,
Op.S Destiny Pool 3 Dark 1 Light

Freighter SS taken 2, HT taken 0
IMP Customs SS taken 4/18 HT taken 33/28
swrider
Level 20

Re: machitís pugnator

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:32 pm

One of the things you should clarify/elaborate upon is why he decided to join the privateers rather than become a Rebel. From the backstory as currently written I would have expected him to lean towards joining the Rebels. And this is a question that Captain Vedij would most assuredly have asked him.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: machitís pugnator Far Orbit Project

Postby swrider » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:56 pm

I've expanded the backstory slightly to answer that question.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:02 pm

A couple of more things.

1. Your sheet in post #1 lacks Duty, and isn't formatted in the manner I prefer (listing skill ranks instead of dice pools).
  2. The character build took unarmed combat (Brawl) at 2 ranks, which I highly doubt he'll ever use, and 2 ranks in melee combat as well, while neither Cool or Vigilance (both being the initiative skills) are even career skills. As an Imperial Naval officer, engaging in hand-to-hand or even bladed combat is frowned upon. That's for stormtroopers, at best. If I were making this build, even keeping the same specialization I would take Athletics rather than Brawl on the career side and Resilience in place of Brawl on the spec side. Though I'd probably pick a different specialization. I suspect that you picked the spec so you could get lots of personal buffing talents (like Toughened and Grit). Speaking of talents, I'd consider taking Point Blank rather than Grit. I think it might prove more useful. You can always be cautious about how you burn strain, but free extra damage is harder to come by and can put your foes down quicker.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm

ill update the skills list, but wish to keep the dice pools also as I often play from work and it gives me a quick reference.

Ill look over the skills. Thanks for the advice.
I took the spec because it seems appropriate and it has been quite a while since I have actually played EotE or AoR.
Mostly i have been GMing D&D 5 lately.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:16 pm

I've made the changes you suggested and requested and updated the XML file in the dropbox link.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:34 pm

You haven't specified which Duty. Table 2-3, on page of the AoR CRB. The only thing is that wherever that table says "Alliance" in the descriptive text you'd be substituting "Far Orbit".
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

Woops my misunderstanding
I have added the Personnel duty which seemed to fit this character. If you permit a second duty the other would be sabotage which is the next best fit.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:42 am

You are allowed to have a second Duty.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 am

I have added the second duty. Anything else you would like before I move this character over to the character database
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:23 am

I have removed the Laminate Armor and added a section above for armor.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:43 am

I haven't gone through and cleaned up the formatting on the sheet and grammar/spell-corrected the "fluff" text, which is something that I'll do before I approve the character as completed and ready to copy over. As you know, I'm a tad ****/OCD about such things.

Regarding the character itself, you haven't done the character build end-of-creation 1d100 roll for "pocket cash", which gets added to his available funds. He also has the benefit of 1,800 credits of salary that he's saved up and could have used to acquire "non-standard" gear or attachments/mods. On armor, you could list "padded", as that is the standard armor worn by Imperial Navy troops and he'd have the set that was his when the New Star surrendered. Since he joined after the hijacking he, of course, hasn't garnered the vast amount of wealth most of the other PCs now have (he'll be rich in due time), so you'll have to be picky/careful with what non-standard gear you select. If you desire an item of rarity 6+ you'll have to acquire it post-approval by trying to get it on Starforge.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 am

starting cash: 1d100 19
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Postby swrider » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:04 am

I cant think of anything to buy at the moment but I have added the armor and credits.
Orokos

swrider
Level 20

Re: Machitís Pugnator (Far Orbit Project)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 am

Done with edits. (Isn't that much prettier and easier to read now?) Character is approved.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to Character Review