Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Introduction

Discuss community business and make suggestions on the future of this forum

Introduction

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:50 am

Hola! I was informed and linked to this board by Shadowarrior off of an LFG Post on the FFG Community Page.

Looking forward to seeing what the board has to offer though I will likely take my time before jumping into a game.

As for me; I've been playing/running RPG's since I was 11 or so (35 years) and I've played and run a LOT of different systems / settings over the years and evolved as both a player and a GM. If I get comfortable enough with the PBP process here I might look into starting my own campaign down the road; most likely Star Wars.

Looking forward to future chatting!
"Brian Makes My Math Hurt" - me
GandofGand
Level 1

Re: Introduction

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

Welcome to the board! And thanks for taking me up on my invitation to come look.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 am

Well it looks like a well-done site, unlike some I have come across...now to find a game that I can fit a concept I've got...
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 am

GandofGand wrote:Well it looks like a well-done site, unlike some I have come across

Thanks! I can't take all the credit, as I didn't create the site originally. I inherited it from an old Saga d20 SWRPG friend, Teknon. I kept the site's organization and have managed to keep the site alive. With so many people deciding to run their games on FFG's board (or Roll20), I no longer get anywhere near the traffic of curious players that I used to get a couple of years ago

GandofGand wrote:...now to find a game that I can fit a concept I've got...

I might be able to help you with that, if you'll clue me in. Most of the games have a few thousand posts to wade through.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 am

I have to get the piece of art I found on the FFG Board that inspired the concept;
basically its a Snarky, take-no-****, Combat Medic...8D

I have the image saved at home but not going to dig through another 130 pages of the NPC thread right now...8P
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 am

One of the two active PCs in my Strike Force Isk AoR game is a combat medic, so a second one would be a rather poor fit. Swrider's Fight or Flight game has no medic, so he could easily fit there. I play a 'face' character in his game. My Far Orbit Project has no real need for such a concept, and From the Ashes is on totally the wrong scale for a medic of any sort to be useful. My Trial By Fire EotE game is defunct, so any character would fit, as the game needs a complete restart.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am

Looks like Fight or Flight is the winner....take a look at that in a bit...
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:43 am

This is the image I want to base the character on...so much character in that one image...8)
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Definitley looking at Solider; Medic with a possible add of Gambler...or one of the Driver Specs to be an ambulance driver / paramedic...Anyone Call for Doc Wagon? 8D
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Hrmm Fight or Flight hasn't seen any action in nearly 2 weeks...may have to move to the restart of Trial by Fire whenever that gets re-started...
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm

FoF hasn't had any action recently because the GM is getting ready to post the start of a new mission. If he knows that he has a new player, assuming that you ask and he agrees to let you join (and I don't see him saying no, but I prefer not to assume what other people will do), then I'm very confident that you'll see action soon and that he'll expedite getting things moving.

The Trial By Fire game would need at least 3 more players (4 total) to get a restart. Which means that I'd have to convince 3 people at the FFG board to first even come here to look, and getting people from the FFG board to come here has been very hard. Witness how you're the only person to do so from that recent post of mine. I could try, but I don't have high expectations. A couple of years ago I'd fill up a new game with 6 players in a matter of hours. Now I can't even get single players to fill holes. Present company excepted.

I also agree with you 100% about that pic. It was, and remains, awesome.

I just noticed your casual mention of Doc Wagon, a Shadowrun term. Kick-*** game and game system. If you ever decide to GM a PbP game of that, count me in.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Yerah I messaged him, just have to wait on a response. Basic Character is built...man 110Xp does NOT go far...8P
LoL...I haven't player or run Shadowrun in nearly 10 years and I'm at least 1 edition behind.
Last campaign I ran tho WAS one of my best...and it started with a Bio-borg in a Godzilla suit facing down a caravan in Hell's Kitchen...8D
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

You should be considering your characters build progression and priorities now. The reason for this is that the PCs in FoF have 195 earned XP. I doubt that your character would come in as an "inexperienced" warm body. What level, if any, of earned XP swrider tells you to use remains to be seen, but you should prepare.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Yeah like I said, I just have base Xp spent now, I keep chargen stuff and Xp on a Spreadsheet to make ti easier to adjust.
With Xp I will likely pick up a second spec, either Ace; Driver or Hotshot...not sure which yet...

Side note, just checked his site and the Artist for that Pic HAS done work for SR in the past...8D
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

BTW, I know that you sent rider a PM, but you should also post in his game's OOC thread.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby GandofGand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 am

Didn't know if that was allowed/kosher before communications are established.
GandofGand
Level 1

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:18 am

It's okay, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness/politeness in being cautious. There's a huge difference between posting by a prospective player to express interest in joining and posting by a lurker to just insert an unsolicited opinion. ;)
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to Boards Business