Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Interrogation

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Interrogation

Postby swrider » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:43 pm

What's going on my head is killing me. where am I? the prisoner thinks to him self. He is momentarily blinded by the bright lights of the security office but soon his eyes adjust. His is surrounded by an energy field which does not permit his passage and lying on a hard metal bunk. several more cells similar to his can be seen in the room along with a large desk. light from several computer monitors can be seen on the other side of the desk but they are oriented in such a manner as to face away from the prisoners. A large door is situated on the far side of the room and what appears to be a locked cabinet is located behind the desk. His memories beginning to return to him the prisoner sits up with is legs folded beneath him seemingly meditating to anyone who may be watching.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: TBD
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Re: Interrogation

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Ari saunters into the brig, heavy rifle slung on her shoulder, and stands in front of the cell containing the prisoner. She stands there, silently, for several minutes just watching him.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Hearing the door open and one of his captors enter the room. Leonidas maintains his calm exterior and keeps his eyes closed waiting for them to make the first move.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

In a voice that she finds surprisingly calm, Ari says, "I know that you're awake. There's no point in pretending that you're not. We're no longer children. Let's not play games."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Looking up at the figure standing before him Leonidas begins to speak "Hello Arissa, I see you haven't changed much."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:20 pm

"Not as much as you have, Leo. While I'm happy to see that the Empire didn't execute you I now have to consider whether you had a role in the arrest of our parents, so many years ago. You seem to have taken to the 'New Order'," placing a great deal of scorn and derision into those two words, "quite well."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:33 pm

"Our parents were arrested for their own crimes! Leaving us to rot. I was fortunate enough to be of worth and was saved from paying for their crimes. Apparently, you and Jon," The hint of a question is detected as the words "and Jon" are spoken, "were able to avoid their fate as well."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:50 pm

"I hadn't even had my tenth name-day when the Empire took away our parents! They hadn't committed any 'crimes'. They weren't tried in any court. They were taken away by thugs and made to vanish, and our holdings, all of which were legitimate businesses, stolen by the Empire to help fund more atrocities. Like the one that led to the death of your brother. The crime committed by your masters that killed two billion Imperial citizens."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:55 pm

"You were too young to know what was really going on. Our parents aided those opposed to the empire utilizing their resources to oppose law and order. They were tried and sentenced on the way to the mines by the Inquisitorius itself. Only by their grace was I spared!" Leonidas says a hint of anger in his voice before calming himself. "Jon is dead?"

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Ignoring his question (it's a bargaining chip that she can use when it suits her), she volleys back, "You have been lied to. And brainwashed. Our parents were not enemies of the Empire. They obeyed every law. They didn't support any opposition. Their only 'crime' was being successful and earning the envy of those with more power, ambition, and political connections than those of our family.

"Think, Leo. For yourself. Why were you arrested? Were you a traitor? No? Our parents were no more traitors than you were. We were all just inconvenient obstacles to someone's desire to grab more power for themselves. Obstacles to be disposed of. Quietly, because we had done nothing wrong and the crimes committed against us could not withstand scrutiny, could not stand if exposed for all to see.

"Your Empire is built on lies and terror. It doesn't provide order. It enslaves, or destroys, entire planets. Anyone who doesn't submit is summarily killed. Anyone who is inconvenient is disposed of. The Empire loves to say that the old Republic was corrupt. The Empire is far more corrupt. But it works very very hard at trying to hide it. The Empire doesn't bring peace. It wages war against anything that stands in its way, and if nothing does it invents threats so that it can justify its existence.

"The Empire began building its horrific Death Star long before there was a Rebellion. Why? Because your masters knew that their crimes would, eventually, cause the very strife that they cannot tolerate. It was created to put an end to any dissent, to inflict such great terror that no one would dare to speak out against a regime that is the most criminal and corrupt in the history of the galaxy."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:08 pm

A large smile crosses Leonidas' face. "Power maintains order. The rebellion you mention encourages and spreads war while the Empire brings stability. You think you know the Empire from your lowly position, you know nothing. I can show you the Empire, the power! The order! Dissent and chaos brought into order and productivity. I can show you this power, Ari. Not just the power of the Empire but the power in you! Power enough to free our parents."

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Hiding the surge of joy, and sadness, she suddenly felt, Ari sighs. "You didn't listen to a word I said. I'll come back when you've had some time to contemplate what 'power' has done for you ... and to you." With that she turns her back on her brother and departs the brig, turning the lights off within before she exits, leaving her brother in utter darkness and utterly alone.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Return to In Context