Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Interest check: Rebel commando A-team

If you want to start a game, start a thread here first.

Interest check: Rebel commando A-team

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Checking interest in a possible Knight level AoR style game. While the force is not banned, jedi glowbats are. However, I would be using the F&D Morality rules for everyone, "mundanes" included.

Keep in mind, I'm a big fan of "everyone roll X" type checks- if you specialize too hard (something easy to do at knight level) you may find yourself in trouble often.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Re: Interest check: Rebel commando A-team

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

I'd need more details about the game's setting before committing. "AoR-style" isn't descriptive enough for me.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Mission based commando raids limited by a morality tracker. Beat the imperials without becoming what you fight.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:35 pm

That's not the setting. What year will it be? A game set in 1 ABY is much different than one set after 4 ABY. Also, how many players will be grouped?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:37 pm

call it 1-2 ABY, when the rebels were on a roll but before the imerial fleet got it's legs under it.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Rakaydos wrote:if you specialize too hard
I don't suppose you can clarify what you consider "too hard"? I know that there are certain types of checks -- like cool, vigilance, stealth, pilot (if each player is in a separate fighter or speeder), athletics, coordination, and discipline -- that occasionally must be made by an entire group. But you aren't really expecting that a medic also have gunnery, are you? :?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Would you rather hike in or fly armed swoops through the jungle? :3

Not saying you need to fly it WELL... but it's amazing the hijinks that can happen when you have 3 vehicals and only 2 pilots. :p
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby swrider » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:18 pm

I'd be interested. what experience did you want to start at? I also don't own the f&d beta so I don't know how morality works.
swrider
Level 20

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

"knight level" means 150 post-creation XP (so, not usable on stats) and 500c+9000c of gear, pus anything you get from obligation/duty/morality.

As for morality, you get points of "conflict" for doing questionable activities (lying to someone for your own beifit might be 1-2, unprovoked killing or torturing is 10+)
At he end of a session, roll a d10, subract thee conflict you took, and thats what happens to your morality track. be good long enough, you get ectra strain and extra destiny points. Be evil enough, you turn some of your strain into extra wounds, and give the GM some of the party' destiny.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:42 pm

I'll take a spot. You never answered my question re: how many players there will be. Makes a difference in the build. Also, how much duty (and contribution rank) do our knight-level characters get?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm

probably 4-6 players, contribution rank 3, no duty but you can get your starting stuff off morality.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:09 pm

3; that's better than I was expecting. Sergeant or warrant officer. Sweet.

I have no idea what I want to build, except that it won't be anything with Force-sensitivity. Hard enough to satisfy your flexibility desire without also spreading out even thinner with Force stuff. It takes almost a hundred XP just to become useful in the Force. And a droid would be too specialized. Which leaves me with a face build, or a tech, or a pilot, or ...

I'm just happy to be able to do something other than GM. I'll play any role.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Nothing says you CANT specialze, says the smiling GM...
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Are you going to run the game on this board?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:Are you going to run the game on this board?

Either here or at GiantITP.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 pm

This board uses phpBB, while GiantITP uses vBulletin®. I think that you'll find phpBB to be easier to deal with. Especially when you have GM privileges (a higher level than you currently have here) and me as the board admin able to make changes to the entire site as needed. I also looked through the GiantITP forums and they are rather a mess as far as organization and ease of navigation. If I can't convince you to run it here, there are other sites which would be superior to GiantITP.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ennervance » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:17 pm

What kind of tone would you be looking for? Your thread title says 'A-team' which could mean several things. Were we framed for some fouling of the Rebellion's operations, and now are on the run while trying to do good for them anyways? Are we a lovable band of misfits who get neck-deep in trouble, then pull it together in the last 5 minutes and ride off into the sunset?

Though now you've given me a great idea for a team of Imperial commandos, who were to rob a Muunilist banking clan and frame someone else for it, but were betrayed and are now on the run, fighting the good fight while evading the authorities like the Hand of Judgement.
ennervance
Level 4

Postby Rakaydos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm aiming more for a " If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

Except perhaps less mercenaries and more rebel patriots. But motivations are up to players.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 pm

An "A-team" is also a (military and police) term for a primary go-team. Despite what Hollywood did with the term.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Ive been thinking it over and can not think of a carchter concept I want to play in this game so I am going to pass. I'm focus my efforts on polishing the idea I have for an Edge of the Empire Capeign I hope to recruit for here in the next few weeks.Thank you for the offer and I wish you the best luck on your campeign.
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Rakaydos, if you want this game to go you're going to have to make a recruiting post over on FFG's AoR forum. This board doesn't have enough members (yet) to be a EotE/Aor GM's sole source for recruiting.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:39 pm

I'm assuming that since no recruiting post(s) have been made over at FFG that this game is stillborn/kaput.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Rakaydos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Pretty much. Presumably it gave you the idea for rebel moralities, at least, so it's not all loss.
Rakaydos
Level 4

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:09 pm

It did, ty.

{sigh} I'll have to keep looking for a game. I declined swrider's game because my OCD would quickly drive me nuts if every single post by the GM has a plethora of spelling and punctuation errors.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I can't promise too much, but if you want in to my game you are still welcome. I'll try and do better about proofing in word before I post.
swrider
Level 20

Next

Return to Game Listings