Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Force and Destiny Nexus of Power

Discussion of various rule systems and possible home rules

Force and Destiny Nexus of Power

Postby DoctorWho » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Is the book good? I like the more mystic side of the force, and I'm planning on picking the book up when my local shop gets it back in stock.

What kind of stuff does the book introduce? Just force items like talismans and such, or does it also touch on force rituals and dark side sorcery?
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Re: Force and Destiny Nexus of Power

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:04 am

Chapter I details the worlds of: Ilum, Naboo, Dagobah, Weik, Lothal, Bardotta, Auratera, Aleen, Devaron, Iktotch, Empress Teta, Ossus. This chapter comprises over a third of the entire book, and includes not only stats on the planets and points of interest, but creatures, notable persons, and various rival and nemesis NPC templates.

Chapter II covers vergences. Amongst those detailed are the Coruscant Jedi temple, the Jedi temple on Ilum, the Dagobah tree cave, the Jedi temple on Lothal, and several others. There are also rules for creating your own vergence locations.

Chapter III covers new player options...

New species: Aleena, Devaronian, and Gungans.
New weapons (mostly Gungan, including their energy shields and balls).
A page and a half (yes, that's all) of new gear: 3 drugs, 6 "tools", and 2 droids.
Seven and a half pages of new relics and talismans. No new rules on this subject.
And a page of new location-specific motivations.

Chapter IV (the remainder of the book, the final 30 pages) has modular encounters.

My take? If you have use for any of the specific planets mentioned, one of the species, or need to know about vergences and/or plan to use one of the listed ones, then this book is useful. Other than the stuff about vergences, and species/NPC stat data, almost half of the book is useless for any GM with enough imagination and knowledge to create their own adventures, and the other half can be gotten from Wiki. So you're basically looking at about 30-32 pages (out of 142, less than a quarter of the material) of stuff that cannot be gotten from someplace else and is actually useful IMO.

Other than location-specific "fluff", there is nothing on Force rituals or Dark side sorcery.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:11 am

Ah darn, someone had told me there was.

I'm still planning on buying it, I had birthday money from a month back that I wanted to spend at the local store, and a prewritten adventure would be nice if I want to run a short game with friends or something.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 pm

I like the book. I like the mini-bestiaries, and the rules and suggestions for Force artifacts and Vergences is really neat.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Return to Republic Senate