Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fashion to Die For

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Fashion to Die For

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Arissa's inquiries with local shoppers and other sources of information had, after a while, led her to a small boutique in a very well-off part of the city. Located on the second floor of the building, the store was bright, airy, and minimally appointed with exceptional style. The very layout welcomed the shopper and presented that she (or he) would not be merely selecting clothing, but be personally clad in only the most exquisite and personal styles. A superbly graceful modeling and service droid greeted Arissa as she entered, welcoming her in a soothing voice and ensuring she had both come to the right place, and would be comfortable while the designer came from his workshop in the back. The droid was clad in what was clearly intended to be a display of the quality and artistic inspiration of the designer's work, and she did indeed ensure that Arissa was comfortable for the few minutes she had to wait.

The waiting ended when a handsome and impeccably dressed male Besalisk entered the room through a subdued, almost hidden door along one wall. Smiling and personable, he exuded honest friendliness and at the same time seemed to be sizing Arissa up, both in nature and for clothing's sake.

"Welcome, Welcome!" he started, "What could I do for a beautiful woman such as yourself today?"

Spoiler:
This is slightly backed up, as it were. This is the authorized Kamperdine dealer that you've located.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Re: Fashion to Die For

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:29 pm

"Thank you. I am looking for a more fashionable ensemble than what I am currently wearing," Ari replies, gesturing at the padded armor that she's outfitted with. "But it must be as equally protective of my person. I've been informed that I may find such here. You are the authorized Kamperdine representative?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

"Ah, yes!" the designer started, producing a measuring tape from a pocket with one of his lower arms and drawing it out, though it seemed to be more of a talisman or prop then for actual use. "A fashionable ensemble would do wonders on you. A rich green, I think, would be a wonderful color for you!"

He paused for a moment, though, as other considerations caught up with him. "But the armor side, that is a bit of an issue right now. - I am a representative." He added quickly, "it's just, well, unfortunately Kamperdine is not accepting commissions outside of the Core right now." His voice lowered. "It seems there are a lot of... Imperial orders coming through right now, and us lesser folk are left out to dry."

He stood back up, a slim and more expected dimensional scanner appearing in a third hand. "Now, it wouldn't have the same levels of protection, but you would look absolutely stunning in an asymmetric wrap dress. A thin gold belt would set off your complexion beautifully. What do you think?"
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Ari scowls in annoyance and disgust. "Contrary to Imperial propaganda, the Rebels don't target civilians. Stupid Imperials. Meh. But of course, if people weren't stupid there might not be an Empire at all and we'd still be living in the glorious splendor that used to be the Old Republic." Getting back to the topic at hand, she continues, "So, who would I have to kill to lay hands on an armored Kamperdine outfit?" The proprietor can't quite tell if she's speaking figuratively or not. She is, after all, carrying what looks to be a well-worn heavy rifle slung over one shoulder.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Not detracted by Ari's apparent disinterest, the designer continued to construct potential options in his head, looking the human over from slightly difficult angles. Such attention, however, did not detract him from the conversation.

"If I knew that, honey," he replied, "I would paid someone to do it long ago." His tone seemed oddly non-hyperbolic, as though he might have actually considered such action. "I'm afraid I truly can't help you. I'd have to go through a Core world reseller, which would put you at twice as much and at least a year out." The Besalisk started to head back to his hidden door. "And you don't look like a woman who can wait that long."

A minor pause after the last statement suggested to Ari that some idea had crossed his mind, but he was reluctant to stare it to a stranger.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:34 pm

"You are correct, I cannot wait, nor do I intend to. My apologies for wasting your time." She turns to leave...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 am

"No apologies needed" He said genuinely. "It is always a pleasure."

He let Arissa get almost back to the door before he decided on to let her in on the realization that had occurred to him. "Truly, it would be such a shame to let you continue along dressed like that." He commented. "For such a discriminating and strong willed customer as yourself, there might be a way to acquire such an outfit, though it would be without the customary warranty."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 am

Ari chuckles, "'Strong-willed' isn't the worst thing I've been called. And I'm not much concerned about a manufacturer's warranty on an item that if it fails to meet expectations I won't be alive to complain about. So, what loophole have you been hesitant to mention?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:27 pm

"Well," he started, "As you may be aware, despite the exacting measurements Kamperdine requires, the fit must be finished by a local designer, such as myself." He stated with some pride. "And I never forget a figure."

"It so happens you have a nearly identical form to one of my long term clients, the late Ms. Toun." He paused for a moment as though double checking the accuracy of that statement. "Indeed, I could have just copied her form to send in as yours. Were you to return with such a closely matching Kamperdine outfit in hand, I would be most happy to make any minor adjustments it might require to hang and move properly on you."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 pm

"Since you've mentioned it, I'm presuming that she wasn't cremated wearing her, armored, Kamperdine outfit? That being established, I trust, then would you happen to know where I might locate Ms. Toun's heirs or her body? The former, if she wasn't buried wearing the outfit, the latter if she was."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:09 pm

"I do not actually know the funeral arrangements." He said, a bit of emotion entering his voice now. "Cecil only passed away earlier this week. I do have her address though, one moment." He produced a datapad in one hand, having already secured the other items in various almost invisible pockets on his person. "You'll probably have to deal with her son, Aldrich." His tone indicated he didn't have nearly as high opinion of the son as he did of his mother.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 pm

"You don't seem to care much for Ms. Toun's offspring. May I ask why? Is he going to be a problem?" The Besalisk gets the impression that Ari might be very good at removing problems, one way or another.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:05 am

The designer sighed as he handed Ari the datapad with the address on it, "Cecil was a force. Pulled herself up to a top management position. She'd wanted her son to take over from her when she retired, but no one else was particularly keen on the idea. He was given a chance, but he doesn't have the skill or drive she did."

The Besalisk scratched under his chin as he thought of the right description.

"Aldrich, well, let us just say he has an attraction to fast women and slow dalgos."
Last edited by Quicksilver on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 pm

"In short, a fool. But is he a smart fool? And, more importantly, where might this player be found?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:13 am

"The same address I'd expect." He replied, "Taking advantage of his mother's house while he still can."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:46 pm

"You've been most helpful. Thank you. It'd be scurrilous of me not to buy something from you to recompense you for your time. I see that you carry Ayelixe/Krongbing Textiles products. Their goods are not particularly fashionable corewards, but they're quite handy in less civilized places. I'll take two of their Tracker vests. One for myself and one for my protocol droid."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:24 pm

"It has been a pleasure talking with such a charismatic human as yourself. " he replied sincerely. "A yes, the tracker vests. Very popular with the beastriders, though I must insist you let me adjust them to your fit, they are notoriously poorly sized, even for a 3PX unit. I can have them ready for you in a couple days."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:18 pm

"I'm afraid that I don't have that luxury. My ship is leaving tomorrow," she sighs. "I don't suppose that you could see your way to expediting my order? Please? I'd be ever so grateful."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 pm

"Ah, life must go on, I understand." He said with a laugh. "Very well, I will see what I can do with the time you have left me. If you're going to want me to finish the Kamperdine as well, though, you're going to need to get a moving. I shall see you tonight, I hope."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:41 pm

"Again, thank you ever so much. Good advice, I'll take my leave. I'll return later, hopefully with the Kamperdine." With that she matches actions to words and departs the establishment, droid following faithfully behind, to make her way to the address that she was given.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 am

"That's the address, Ma'am" 3PX noted to Arissa as they stood surveying a fine looking house in a nice district of the city. While not a mansion in the traditional style of the colonies, its size was significant within the wall-limited city, and it was clearly well constructed of fine materials and workmanship. The street it was on was all but empty at this midday hour, an older, thin model of gardening droid providing the only sign of life as it clipped carefully away at a hedge, fully occupied in its own world.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:33 pm

"Well, let's see if Mr. Toun is home, shall we?" Ari walks up and taps the announcer control on the entrance access panel adjacent to the front door.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:04 pm

After a short moment, the door was opened by a household droid. It was an older model of droid, but quite top-of-the-line when it was released. Its posture and positioning was friendly, but the tactically minded Ari would quickly note that it had positioned itself to prevent anyone at the door from easily rushing by it to enter.

"Thank you for visiting the Toun residence." It said in a very strong Core Worlds accent, though not quite to the point of exaggeration, "For whom, m'lady, are you calling?"
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Ari replies, in her own distinct, yet nuanced, Core Worlds accent dripping with a combination of disdain, impatience, and annoyance, "I have come to see Master Aldrich. Would you be good enough to let him know that you are keeping a Van Ryn of Brentaal waiting outside in the heat of the day? There is simply no courtesy to be found on these backwater Rim worlds! Go! Fetch your master. And be quick about it! It is not getting any cooler out here and I have other, more weighty, matters that require my attention, so my time is limited."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:16 pm

"Of course, Ma'am." The droid replied, seemingly unflustered but giving no challenge to Ari's introduction. "You are welcome to come in to await the Master. "

The droid stepped to the side, opening the door more as he did. His free hand gestured to a pair of comfortable looking chairs set at a small table just inside the foyer. He paused a moment for Ari to make her choice before closing the door and heading off, presumably to inform Mr. Toun of his guest's arrival.
Quicksilver
Level 12

Next

Return to In Context