Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fashion to Die For

IC Game Play

Moderator: swrider

Re: Fashion to Die For

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 am

Ari makes a quick mental map of what she can see of the floorplan and chooses whichever chair may afford her the best view of Aldrich's approach to her. She gestures for 3PX to remain behind her, guarding her back as best an unarmed protocol droid is able to.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 am

A young human, who appears to be only slightly older than Arissa, appears a few moments later at the top of the stairs. He is a well-groomed man, arrayed in expensive clothing that he has managed to array without style. He descends the stairs with the particular self-assurance that betrays one who's used to being nervous.

"Ms. Van Ryn," he greets, starting about halfway down the stairs. His tone suggests he believes this not to be Arissa's real name. "I'm honored you've come all this way, how can I be of service to you?"
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Graciously overlooking his tone, Ari stands and replies, "Mister Toun, my condolences on the passing of your mother. She was a formidable businessperson, and in spite of being a rival to my family I respected and admired her. She'll be missed."
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:16 pm

"She was a remarkable woman." He replied. There was a hint of genuine sadness behind his clearly well used response, but only a hint. "She would be honored to know you came all this way to pay your respects."
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:07 pm

"As it happens, I did not come to Onderon to pay my respects. I was already in Iziz on other, business, matters when I heard of her passing from one of her associates. Naturally, being so close by, I had my droid rearrange my schedule so that I could drop by her, now your, residence. But there is also another reason for my visit. Your mother and I shared very similar tastes in clothing, and she and I are of very similar body shape. Since I doubt very much that you have much use for her wardrobe, the thought had crossed my mind that I might be able to take them off of your hands and thus you would have one less matter to attend to? It would be a shame to dump her fine things, especially that delightful Kamperdine outfit of hers, on some charity." She puts a slight note of disdain in that last word, leaving Aldrich with the subtle hint that he might be able to profit from her visit somehow.

Spoiler:
Charm: 1eP+4eA+1eB 5 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
To be opposed by whatever his Presence attribute is, plus upgrades for ranks in Cool (if he has any).
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby Quicksilver » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Ari easily picked up the quick glance from Aldrich that confirmed at least the portion of her statement of being the same size as his mother. In the same shift, she could pick up a general relaxation from the man. It became apparent that he'd been concerned about who Ari really was, but her subsequent statement seems to have cleared that particular worry. Still, there was clearly something on his mind.

"You are absolutely correct, it would be a shame. I think she would want you to have them." He replied, quickly agreeing, at least tentatively. "You would, of course, be willing to put forward a bit to cover the handling expenses."

Spoiler:
Resistance (Cool): 2eC+1eD+1eB 3 failures
ImageImageImageImage
Quicksilver
Level 12

Postby ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:06 pm

"Of course. It would be entirely appropriate for me to recompense you for professional packing and moving. I am sure that you have enough things on your mind, and relieving you of such a burden is something that I would be happy to oblige with. Shall I have my droid make the arrangements?"
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Previous

Return to In Context