Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Two problems with your post: (1) You didn't reply to Vedij. It may have sounded like a rhetorical question, but Killiri has spent a great many years in an environment where making assumptions can be very bad for one's career, if not one's very life, so a reply, even if he didn't want or expect one is the safe option... and (2) sending a hail just says "hi there", and doesn't actually say anything useful. You didn't specify what sort of hail. Do you wish to speak with someone in particular? Ask for something? What?
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Sorry, figured the captain was doing his whole leave it up to Killiri hint hint nudge nudge.

Killiri wants to talk to Verpine orbital command, hence hailing them, he wants to open a channel... should have said open a channel.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Does Killiri know how likely the Verpine are to know who we are? Should we introduce ourselves as privateers or just not say our specific affiliation?
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Your transponder matches their sensors: you're an Imperial warship. Only the Alliance (and the Mon Cala, and the folks at StarForge) knows you're privateers. How you handle this is up to you. This is a player challenge. If you wish to pass the buck to Vedij...
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Edited my post.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm sort of confused as to what we are doing here? Attempting to speak to Verpine leaders? Seems like a low chance of that happening. Since we're not telling them we are privateers, this is more just a good will stop, right?Does the Imperial navy normally do stuff like this, and if so what is the SOP?

If not, is there a roll I can make to direct my thoughts in the right direction?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm

The Verpine, unknown to you as it's a highly secret project, are developing the B-wing for the Rebels. The Verpine are known to not be particularly friendly to the Empire, much like most non-human species in the galaxy. Since they aren't remotely human, not even in mindset, your comm officer was unable to note anything in their response to your request to approach and dock that would clue you in as to whether they are unhappy with your visit and just going through the motions not to provoke an Imperial warship, or whether they don't mind the visit and someone who is connected to the Rebellion intervened on your behalf. Outside of Dac and StarForge, no one is supposed to know about you. But also unknown to you, Admiral Ackbar is at a secret base in this system, and he is in the loop on your ship.

OOC, you're here as a roleplay opportunity, and as another place where you might try to find stuff. What you do, and how you do it, is up to you (mostly, as Vedij will step in to keep you from totally screwing the pooch and derailing the campaign, which his main function as an NPC).

The Imps normally do not visit non-human systems unless they have a specific reason to drop by. Whether it's because they want something or someone, or wish to intimidate, or whatever. You're no longer an Imperial ship, unless that is the impression that you wish to give (maintaining your cover). You can choose to maintain cover and while doing so try to locate some Rebel-friendly types. Or not, just acting like Imps, buy stuff as if you're Imps (and not privateers, so you have to be very careful what you buy), and leave.

There is no 'right' direction, other than to not blow your cover. Beyond that what you do or don't is your choice.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sat May 13, 2017 7:05 pm

swrider, have a desire to use a specific PC?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sun May 14, 2017 8:49 am

Nope, we just had a shopping trip. It anything if day most of the crew would be Anxious to get back into action.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Sun May 14, 2017 2:25 pm

My thoughts as well. But some good will never hurt anyone. We can keep people on the ship, and have a meeting between Killiri and anyone who deigns to greet us, before setting up some stuff with the Captain.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun May 14, 2017 2:37 pm

You need to have Dune taking point. Killiri is not suited to the task, even if he is the guy in charge.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun May 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Dune presumably is not here, we already established he went to get our other vessel.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Sun May 14, 2017 5:58 pm

We could assume that we send him out sooner to when we arrive. I'd just thought we'd send him out and have him meet us on ahead.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun May 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Sorry, I forgot that he split at Dac. That's going to make things here at Roche ... interesting.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm

So I'm going to have Killiri request that the Captain and security detail be allowed to disembark and talk with the station command.

That let's Swrider and I have someone to run with this base encounter. Or rather, I can have Killiri and a security team disembark, and Killiri will do the interacting to set up a meeting with the Captain?

(this isn't necessarily a question for you, Shado, but for Swrider :P I'll hang myself with my own rope here, but someone is coming with me, gosh darn it)
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Lol I'll go along.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 am

Have the captain + team go, or Killiri +team ?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon May 15, 2017 8:52 am

Vedij left you in charge, so be in charge. If you want to skip the roleplay, then please say so, Vedij will do whatever on the station and I'll advance the narrative to departure for Brentaal. Otherwise pretend that the captain is asleep and has a DO NOT DISTURB sign on his door.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Swrider, are you able to post?
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Wed May 17, 2017 6:03 pm

My apologizes. I missed that brenko was summoned.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Pugnator can be on the security team, it'll give us both something to do.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Wait, Shado, don't say anything, I'm editing my post.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Willak is not wearing an Imperial uniform or Imperial insignia. He will meet Killiri in the docking bay, but he won't wear an Imperial uniform to go with you.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed May 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Understandable, didn't expect him to.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby swrider » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

He is an ex imperial so my inclination is that he hasn't had any experience with the verpine. But I could roll of shado prefers.

Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context