Welcome
Welcome to nemeses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Far Orbit Project (OOC)

OOC discussion of ongoing play

Moderator: ShadoWarrior

Re: Far Orbit Project (OOC)

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm

The speech pattern of 3PO-series droids is hard-coded. It cannot be reprogrammed. If it was that simple, it wouldn't be so much of a problem. So your roll is wasted. Sorry. Now if you want to buy a different model droid, or have a droid tech build you a custom model, that's another matter.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm

I was hoping to get some kind of modulator that could alter the speech patterns. Darn.

Well, Dune doesn't know much about actually modifying droids, despite his work with them in the Clone Wars, so leaving it in makes sense.
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Re: Proposal for your comment

Postby ShadoWarrior » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 pm

swrider wrote:Your game concept sounds like it would make for a great computer game, but I am not sure how it would work as a RPG. My mental image has us in a room giving commands then just waiting for the commands to be carried out so we can respond to the results... It models real life but doesn't sound like it would be that interesting to RP.

The more I think about it, the more that a 4X done as roleplay, while sounding interesting in theory, probably would not appeal to roleplayers. Not enough "hands on", as you point out.

swrider wrote:May I offer a tweak? Perhaps the PC are the command group for an imperial sector that breaks away from the empire hoping to make their Moff into their own emperor.

This idea has a lot of merit, and it's what I've settled on. Thanks. It's also the concept supported by Pathfinder's rules for kingdom-building, which rules Doc was kind enough to steer me to.

I suppose that I really ought to create a new forum and cease cluttering this one with off-topic posts.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Is it really off topic if it engages everyone in the game?
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 am

Technically? Yes. Practically? Not really. But it is a sad commentary that, lately, I can't keep more than two players interested in any game.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby swrider » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Getting the pacing of a game right for everyone is very difficult. Look at FoF for example. It is hard to keep both players engaged. The game was on a great heading but when i had a period of unavailability it killed the game. We have quite a few good players on this board 3-5 If we could get them all into one game it would be an amazing one.
Machitis Pugnator, Orys Nor, Jan Brenko Orokos
FoF Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light, Op.S Destiny Pool 4 Dark 3 Light

Days I will have limited Access to Post: May 24-25th
Rider's Guild
swrider
Level 20

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Dune is going to look around to see if anyone here he knows anything about the massacre on Eiattu 6, from his backstory.

Is it charm to ask around for info?
Give me several minutes after posting, my post will probably have some minor edits done it.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Charm is a manipulation skill. It's what you might use (or Coercion or some other social skill) once you found someone that you needed to pump for info. Finding the right person in the first place is Streetwise. While the CRB text focuses on underworld aspects, it's also used for getting info "on the street", rather than Computers, which is what you'd use otherwise.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Streetwise: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:00 pm

I'll let you roll the difficulty dice for the check. Based on the guidelines in Endless Vigil (page 78), it's Daunting.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:41 pm

daunting difficulty: 4eD 1 failure, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImage
DoctorWho
Level 17

Re: Proposal for your comment

Postby ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:45 pm

In case you guys hadn't noticed, I've opened a new forum for my latest game concept. And the OOC forum is unlocked. :D

Constructive feedback is both welcome and desired. :)
Negative feedback is not as welcome, but also useful. :(
Dead silence sucks. :o
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 am

I've replaced the Katarn-class boarding shuttle that had been created by WEG with a TIE/br. Docking Bay One doesn't have the room to accommodate two silhouette-4 shuttles (I'm not even sure it can handle just one), and while Bay Two can handle two shuttles sticking the shuttles in the drive pod makes no sense tactically. Having troops running down the length of the spar during combat to get to a boarding shuttle is stupid. And the TIE hangar can hold 25 TIEs (per the deck plan drawing), not just the 24 in the original WEG stat block. Troops can go from their quarters on Deck 8 to the TIE hangar on Deck 5 easily and very quickly via turbolift. The main downside of this change is that the TIE/br only carries a squad, instead of an entire platoon.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Bribery is Charm. Negotiation is if he haggles over the amount offered.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Ah, duh. Fixing.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 pm

His resistance, as a mook, is 2eD. Please roll and add it to your post.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:08 pm

done
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 pm

BTW, when bribing someone, you need to inform the GM of the amount on offer. Since you didn't this time, I'll assign a value: 50 credits. For future reference, the amount you offer determines whether you get any boosts or setbacks to your roll.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Oh, ok. Yeah, I was gonna ask about that. What's a "normal" bribe. For my game that I'm running, I had the dock attendent want a week's wages to allow the PC's ship to leave right before a lock down/inspection. But I realize bribes have no set value, so I'll just try to guess next time.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:49 pm

How much to bribe varies by your target. A dock laborer is going to be cheaper to entice than the dockmaster or an Imperial customs officer. A business owner probably a lot less than a station administrator. What you have to weigh is what that person earns in a day or a week, and the risk that they're taking on your behalf. Compare to what a meal and a drink costs, which is the very least that you'd have to pay a common laborer, just to get their attention, never mind actually helping you. Location also factors in. Bribing someone on Nar Shaddaa is not going to cost the same as bribing someone on Coruscant (besides whatever setbacks location adds to the check).

In short, it's complicated. Always ask the GM first. At the very least, you're going to need to make a Knowledge (Underworld) check to get a feel for what's appropriate.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm

We can move on. I injured my finger cooking today so I'm not going to be typing any verbose posts anytime soon.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Moving on is dependent on what you two players wish. If you're done with whatever stuff you wished to do on Dac, both via roleplay, and via player-to-GM off-camera "bookkeeping", then I can advance the story to departure. Is there anything else that Dune, or Killiri, or Xorliss wished to do or try to acquire? Same questions directed at Brenko, Pugsy, and Orys Nor.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Oh, whatever weapons we looked for before Dune wants to look for here.
DoctorWho
Level 17

Postby ShadoWarrior » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

If by that you mean Array Guns, you know what the rarity is (+2 for Outer Rim) and what you need to do to check.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby DoctorWho » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:27 pm

I'll do it tomorrow, typing is currently a pain and I have to finish a job application. I would have done more today, but sliced a good chunk out of a finger.
DoctorWho
Level 17

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Context